• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Utility Script Pack 2.0 beta available

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 1 of my Utility Script Pack for Bridge is available on Adobe Exchange. I have been working on a major update which is now close to feature-complete and is ready for testing.

Version 2.0 contains eight utility scripts and a settings preference panel.

The entire script pack is open source freeware released under the Apache 2.0 license.

----------

- Batch adds the Tools->Photoshop->Batch command to the Bridge contextual menu

- FilenametoTitle copies the filename (stripping the file extension) to the Title metadata field

- FindinCollections searches all collections for a selected file and returns a list of found collections. The file can be removed from any collections if desired.

- FolderListExport saves a tab-delimited text file of the current folder contents. Metadata categories to include can be set in the preference panel.

- JPEGMultiexport is a replacement for the old Export panel from Bridge CS5 and earlier.

- KeywordOptimizer copies keywords from dc: subject and lr: hierarchicalSubject, sorts them alphabetically, removes duplicates and blanks, and writes them back into the file. (Both Bridge and Photoshop File Info Basic pane only write keywords to dc: subject and not the lr namespace.)

- LabelBar places a visual bar at the top or bottom of the content pane for setting labels and ratings (similar to the toolbar in Lightroom.)

- TextPreview creates a preview panel for text files. Select a plain text file and the contents will be displayed. The built-in Preview panel does not display text files.

- Utility Pack Preferences Panel indicates which scripts are active and has various script settings.

----------

Installation is easy. Unzip the file. Launch Bridge, open Preferences->Startup Scripts and click the Reveal button. Place the entire Utility Script Pack folder in Bridge Startup Scripts. Remove any older scripts from the original pack, then quit and relaunch Bridge.

Please note that this is a BETA, TESTING release and may contain bugs. There also may be future beta updates and the final version will be posted on Adobe Exchange.

Zip file can be downloaded from my Dropbox:

Utility Script Pack for Bridge

----------

Known issues:

FolderListExport and JPEGMultiexport cannot work with some special system folders due to bugs in Bridge.

JPEGMultiexport sometimes cuts off one pixel of an exported JPEG due to a Bridge bug.

Most preference setting changes are applied after relaunching Bridge. However, FolderListExport uses the current export options.

prefsReader.jsxinc must be in place or none of the scripts will run. Otherwise, scripts can be enabled and disabled independently without affecting others.

LabelBar cannot run if any images are missing. LabelBar also will not run on Bridge CC 2018 or earlier due to UI changes and Bridge bugs.

Smart Collections are not well-supported for scripting. Most functionality only works with regular Collections.

Preferences uses red and green images to indicate script status. They are distinctly different tonally in greyscale but I cannot tell how they look to someone colorblind.

Help and some tooltips are not yet implemented.

Scripts are written for Bridge CC 2019 and may not work properly on earlier versions. The preference panel does not layout properly on CC 2018 but does work.

----------

script_pack.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing David!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the filename to title script in Bridge 2019 and it didn't work. I have tried a few from other sources with the same result.

Maybe they changed something in the current release? I've run on multiple files on various hard drives, and even ran on files I know the other scripts worked on previously but with no luck. It's so sad because most of the scripts you provide should be built in to Bridge in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use those scripts daily in production. i know filenametotitle works fine in both CC 2018 and CC 2019, both Mac and Windows. It just strips the file extension and writes the rest to the Title field. I’m on my iPad now but I’ll post a screenshot of what to look for in File Info.

And yeah agreed, those features should be built in. I have more ideas that I can’t do because of bugs or limitations with the scripting model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019-04-03_0850.png2019-04-03_0851.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double-checked the files I did yesterday and maybe it was a cache issue... all/most of the TITLE fields are populated today. Thanks for your speedy response.

But wanted to test again. If I run the script from Bridge it doesn't replicate your results, at least not entirely. I ran on a file that has dashes and underscores and when it populates the TITLE field it only includes the info prior to those marks. For many, it may not be an issue but usually, your camera files contain those one or both of those marks. I usually use this script/others to preserve the camera filename before renaming them to a specific project or job.

I did a test file: TEST-IMG_0173.jpg and ran your script. This resulted in "TEST" populating the TITLE field.

I repeated it but replaced the "-" with "_" and then got the expected results in the TITLE field: "TEST_IMG_0173"

Just for comparison. I did the test again using another script (which I had used previously but couldn't locate until this morning) which populates the TITLE and creates a PRESERVED FILENAME field: This resulted in copying the filename to both fields. I do like this option because you may want to adjust your metadata on a final composed image which would mean changing the TITLE field usually. By having an alternate field (Preserved Filename, Camera Filename, etc.) you can still keep both. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yeah I included the wrong version of the script (this is the one I use and it strips out characters after a dash as well.) This is why I'm doing a test release

You can open the file in notepad and edit it. Find the four lines shown and add two slashes ("//") in front of each line. Save and it won't strip out the dash characters.

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 6.06.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally prefer regular expressions over JavaScript split/joins… However that is because I taught myself regex before trying to teach myself JS!

var ftTitle = ftSelectedFile.name;

ftTitle = ftTitle.split('.');

if(ftTitle.length > 1){

ftTitle.length--;

}

ftTitle = ftTitle.join('.');

ftTitle = ftTitle.split('-');

while(ftTitle.length > 1){

ftTitle.length--;

So I would use something like this added to the filename variable to just remove the filename extension, working from the back end/right hand side of the string:

.replace(/\..+$/,'');

Or perhaps a better option:

.replace(/\.[^\.]+$/, '');

regex.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, When I try to open Jpeg Export, I get Incorrect XML file format. Settings will not be loaded from file. It then opens without any of the previous setting obviously. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEGMultiexport? And are you on Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry JPEGMultiexport On windows 10. I’ve had had to reinstall everything after a hard drive fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok if you go into Startup Scripts folder, just delete the JPEGMultiexport prefs file. That should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I deleted the prefs file. Restarted JPEGMultiexport. Nothing happened. waited a few minutes then tried to restart again and got the same error about the XML being the wrong format.

Its obviously making the pref again at the wrong format. Sorry to be a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you remove all of the files from Startup Scripts and then just reinstall the Utility Script Pack folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did that and seems to act the same. Here are some screen shots.

Script 1.jpgScript 2.jpgScript 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok yes unfortunately that is a bug, I will get an updated release out probably this weekend.

JPEGMultiexport was the first script I wrote and then added the others but accidentally am saving to the same preferences file.

Thank you for letting me know about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Problem, Appriecate all your efforts. Let me know if you have a fix x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I released a test version Hopefully all the bugs get ironed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download my updated Utility Script Pack beta release. This has fixed reported issues for Batch and JPEGMultiexport.

Replace the entire Utility Script Pack folder with this new version.

On Windows, settings files for the entire pack and for JPEGMultiexport are stored in the Utility Script Pack folder. You can make a copy before replacing the old folder or just let the scripts create new default settings files.

On the Mac, settings files are stored in the User Library/Preferences folder.

Dropbox - Utility_Script_Pack.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current version:

Dropbox - Utility Script Pack.zip - Simplify your life

Please see included Help file for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everyone should get this script.

Its fantastic.

Five *****

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines