• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefly Preview Enlargement Hinders User Navigation and Access to Features

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview size of the Firefly-generated images has unexpectedly increased to the extent that all four suggestions cannot be viewed simultaneously. Consequently, users are now required to scroll through the suggestions, leading to difficulties when attempting to scroll back, as it obstructs access to other features such as generative fill style options.

title and description edited by mod

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Hi, Thank you for contacting us. The problem has been resolved with the April update of Adobe Firefly. Should the issue arise again, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us again.

^VS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Thank you for providing your feedback on the recent UI changes. We've forwarded your comments to our product team for review, and they will look into it. 

Note:- The new Firefly web app interface has all controls moved to the left side of the application to make image generation and editing intuitive and easy. We have also updated the UI to make images larger and more accessible. 

Kartika Rawat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Thank you for providing your feedback on the recent UI changes. We've forwarded your comments to our product team for review, and they will look into it. 

Note:- The new Firefly web app interface has all controls moved to the left side of the application to make image generation and editing intuitive and easy. We have also updated the UI to make images larger and more accessible. 

Kartika Rawat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

A bug has been filed on this issue. Thank you @Kartika Rawat!

Marked as Investigating.

Cheers,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
43 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the images are supersized on the screen since the recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the firefly preview of generated images have suddenly become so large that the 4 suggestions cannot be viewed as a whole. instead one now has to scroll through them. this then causes problems when scrolling back as it prevents access to the generative fill style options etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry for the trouble. Please confirm your OS & Browser version along with a screen recording depicting the issue, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know. Happy to help.

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new layout is HORRIBLE.. the images are so HUGE they take up the entire screen.  I can't even open the effects and there are no scroll bars inside effects to get to all the settings.   How do we get rid of this and return to the old layout!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I try to use this, the harder it gets.

The left-most image gets hidden behind the tool bar; scrolling across to images is difficult and often completely hides the toolbar, making it very difficult to make changes.   It feels like the project manager ignored all of QA's warnings and just pushed an update for the one year anniversary.

If you can't revert to the old layout, there are other tools out there less frustrating to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

browser safari 17.2.1

example screen shot of the 4 image preview demonstrating their colassal size making it difficult to naviagte around and make judgements across the 4 images. Is it possible to have a menu that permits users to choose how the preview images are tiled?

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 16.36.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just logged on to generate some images, and noticed the new web UI for firefly. I really dislike it, I would really like it if there was some kind scroll option to go back and forth from the first and last generated image. Once I click on the 4th image generated you have to click back through the others to get to the other options. I don't really like the left side menu either. Is it just me or are other people having issues as well. Usually i'm on board with the changes adobe makes, but in this case it makes it harder then I think it needs to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving to view large pics (moving to the right) The ledft side of the app moves left OFF of trhe screen. Using the thumbnails doesn't work properly (?) also. 

Yestarday I was using the app where it had all 4 options set up as 2 over 2 rathewr than 4 straight to the right.

I am using a MACstudio, new as of June 2023. Safari 17.2.1 (19617.1.17.11.12). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS (Sonoma); Firefox. Same issues as described.

I appreciate trying to make larger previews, but this is broken functionality.  Prod managers really should listen to QA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kartika Rawat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MACstudio, new as of June 2023, Firefly image 2, Safari as above17.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't adapt to the new Firefly UI.
I often use the Firefly 1 version, why did you remove it?
The settings are not on the right, but on the left, and I can't see all 4 pictures on one screen, so it's really inconvenient. T...T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 V22H2 (OS Build 19045.4170)
Firefox 124.0.1 (64 bit)

Moving panels/menus to left side without providing the option to put them back on the right (like you can do in literally every Adobe app) is annoying.

SCREENSHOT 1 - Screen view once images are generated... everything moves to the left 100+ pixels. The previous grid displayed ALL 4 images AT THE SAME TIME which is a lot more useful than seeing one oversized image at a time (and no, the rather tiny thumbnails aren't a good substitute).

Scr_032624_Layout_1.jpg

SCREENSHOT 2 - Clicking on image 2 moves everything further left - panels/menu's no longer visible

Scr_032624_Layout_2.jpg

SCREENSHOT 3 - this happens when I click on image 3

Scr_032624_Layout_3.jpg

SCREENSHOT 4 - this happens when I click on image 4

Scr_032624_Layout_4.jpg

In most Adobe apps, the ability to revert to previous functionality is often available so that subscribers aren't forced to use changes that don't improve functionality or efficiency. You should seriously consider adding that option here.

Changing the layout just to change something is usually a bad idea. When those changes break functionality, it's an even worse idea (kind of like not testing on major browsers/OS before release). I don't mind change when it improves things (even if I have to get used to an unnecessary new layout). I do mind changes that break functionality vs. enhance it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kartika Rawat you may be missing the issue at hand and marked this correct too soon. Read the posts below - the UI is completly broke when attempting to view the addtional generations. The entire UI slides with the images as if anchored and you can't navigate back to the tools on the left.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 1.44.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 1.44.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 1.43.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! I'm having the same problem as the rest in this thread and I hate it!! PUT IT BACK, ADOBE! 🤣😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App window is HUGE. I can't see the whole thing. My monitor is high def, and large but it covers the whole screen and cuts off some of the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a workaround - if you resize your browser window to a "mobile" aspect ratio - the UI changes to mobile and does not break.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 1.54.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not "correctly answered". 😭  The larger images f*#ked everything up. Even if you could properly scroll through them (you can't) , not being able to just see them all at once is a massive pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of helps for the moment, thanks. I still have to switch back and forth from full screen smaller view to make changes though. Hope they fix it soon. This stuff always happens when I actually really need the program. 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not correctly answered.

I have a Mac Studio running 14.4.1.

• Safari: 17.4.1 (19618.1.15.11.14)
  • Firefox: 124.0.1 (64-bit)
  • Chrome:  123.0.6312.59 (Official Build) (arm64)
  • Microsoft Edge: 123.0.2420.53 (Official build) (arm64)

The movement between images is a non-obvious UI, and it does not work the same in each browser.  

• Safari: Pressing one of the four thumbnails does not do anything. When scrolling the left command bar does not move. Scrolling with the mouse works only if you press the left mouse button while scrolling.
  • Firefox: Pressing one of the four thumbnails moves the larger images to that image. Once you scroll to the right, it seems you cannot scroll back (well, not consistent; sometimes this happens and sometimes not). When scrolling, the left command bar scrolls off the screen. Scrolling with the mouse works only if you press the left mouse button while scrolling.
  • Chrome: Pressing one of the four thumbnails moves the larger images to that image. When scrolling the left command bar does not move. Scrolling with the mouse works; you do not have to press the mouse button to scroll on Chrome.
  • Microsoft Edge: Point and mouse move does not work. You can only switch images by clicking on a thumbnail. When selecting different thumbnails, the left command bar does not move.

I hope one of the learnings of this is for Firefly to use a beta testing program more like what Adobe Express Mobile did. We could have found all these issues in a very short beta testing period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not correctly answered.  Functionality is broken; please re-open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only see half the screen when I try to use the AI creating an image. I loose the tools bar and have to go back to the home page. Used it the other day with no problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, their update sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your viewport now shows images that are too big to see without scrolling and when scrolling you lose all ability to navigate. The navigation panel has to be returned to via individually selecting pictures backwards to get to wher you started. Your update is awful!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I hope one of the learnings of this is for Firefly to use a beta testing program more like what Adobe Express Mobile did. We could have found all these issues in a very short beta testing period." - @droopydog500 from detailed reply to this post

Say it louder for the [Adobe] people in the back 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate