• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Function to exclude elements or words is missing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new user interface lacks a function that allows you to exclude words and thus elements from an image. This is really a problem!

Whenever I have a landscape in the background, mountains appear. Previously I could type "Mountain" into a control and they were gone.

Now I can't do that anymore and the description doesn't work either. The description of the attached picture was "A village in the north of Germany. There are no mountains in the background! The country is absolutely flat." And it looks like Austria in the background.

Screenshot of missing box has been attached

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Design , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Hi all, we have removed negative prompts from the Firefly web app. We are exploring the best way to offer this capability and decided to pause this feature while we look into it.

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider kann bei Adobe Firefly keine Wörter mehr ausschließen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does appear that the old exclude box is gone.  This box:

droopydog500_0-1711475360699.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thank you for providing your feedback on the missing "Exclude" option. We've forwarded your comments to our product team for review, and they will look into it.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advanced Settings in Firefly has disappeared!  I can no longer enter negative prompts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed this too since the various settings blocks being moved to the left side of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the advaned settings is missing.  This is a critical feature for those of us not wanting hats on every character generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No está el botón de "configuración avanzada" para excluir términos del prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe has said this is "temporarily" unavailable. No word on when the negative prompt box will return.  until then, you will need to add negative prompts in the regular prompt box. 

When you want to include "negative" prompts in the main prompt, consider this: the model does not seem to understand the coupling of two words where one word negates the other. Because of that, you end up with the thing you are trying to eliminate actually getting added.  For example,

• "no mountain" ends up generating mountains
  • "without facial hair" ends up showing beards
  • "no men" ends up adding men
  • "no stairs" ends up adding a staircase

It is best to try to describe the negative prompt concept in a single word, if possible (even if the word you use is not a real English word):

• "beardless" rather than "without facial hair"
  • "mountainless" rather than "no mountains"
  • "flat-land" rather than "no mountains"
  • "women" rather than "no men"
  • "stairless" rather than "no stairs"

Hyphenating words seems to connect words more than a space, but not as much as if it was a single word (if that makes sense). If two words is a "zero" connexion and one word is a "ten" connexion, hyphenating seems to be around "three" in my experience (if that makes sense). But hypenating does not seem to solve the negative word coupling issue ("no-mountains" is not better than "no mountains").

I have no inside information on the model. This is what I have pieced together from using it over the past year. I hope this helps some until the negative prompt box returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is simply ridiculous. No, using "beardless" does NOT stop the AI from generating every single male with a beard. In fact, nothing tried so far has resulted in a clean-shaven face, unless the AI understood "he" to mean I wanted a female (happens all the time). This product is not usable at this point in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, we have removed negative prompts from the Firefly web app. We are exploring the best way to offer this capability and decided to pause this feature while we look into it.

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE re-activate the negative prompts until Adobe figures out how they want to structure the use.  I'm in the middle of a series of projects and every landscape I generate has mountains in the background. I'm using a style reference with no mountains. No amount of other descriptions of the illustration work around this issue and it's wasting a lot of time.  I've tried "on a field" on and "on a flat plain" amongst other prompts.  Inputting a negative does not work (i.e. NO mountains).  I had more patience when the program was in beta and free, but now that I'm paying for use...not so much.  Please help. thanks k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kartika, your comment intrigues me.....
"...removed...from the Firefly web app." Is there another, better way to access Firefly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Maddrell , generally no*. The features called "firefly" appear in apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), so saying "web app" just makes it clear it is the Firefly web site.

*there is API access to Firefly, but that is only available to Enterprise customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The advanced menu for adobe firefly went away with the latest update. So now there is no way to add negative prompts. I searched online but all of your documentation pushes people to that menu which is gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @bsimons80,

Thank you for your message. You are correct, the negative prompting box disappeared after the March update. Adobe has indicated that they are reworking how negative prompting works and plan to bring back a new solution at a future date. They have not indicated when that will be.

So, for now, you need to try the best you can with positive prompting to get what you are seeking.

My best,

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate