• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show words omitted from prompt or violates content guidelines

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to make a word in colorful teddy plush but it says me it is against the guidelines. 

So I tried to say fur instead. That worked but didn't give me the result I wanted. 

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Thank you for the suggestion. Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our users. We realize our filters may be considered too strict for some users and are investigating ways to improve this experience. Please use the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons to provide feedback on images or use the blue "Share Feedback" button to let us know if a prompt was incorrectly blocked. (Merging all similar threads here so the team can access all requests on this issue)

TracyH_0-1680204103439.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our users. If you think the words you have used don't violate our content guidelines or should not be omitted from your prompt, please use the Report tool under the "..." menu or the blue "Share Feedback" button on the "Can't Load" monkey screen, to notify us of the problem and provide a brief explanation of what occurred in the text field. We will see if corrections can be made. We may revisit our decision not to show the word(s) wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 153 Replies 153
153 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prompt I gave is as follows, "A cosmic traveller stopping by to admire a lone sunflower growing on a desolate moon with a massive planet in the background". 

A prompt came up saying that one word violated the terms of service and hence it was removed. Yet, I don't see any word that could possibly go against the guidelines in the entered prompt. Can you take a look at this. And it would be even better if you mention the word that caused the violation. Just like how Midjourney does it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get a notification that words were removed, however there is no guidance as to which words?

Gundam Last Stand, Diablo, Dungeons, underground cave system, smoke, light shafts, Eldritch horde is attacking, occult art, soft lighting, insane render, octane render,

I tried to remove "Gundam, Diablo, Eldritch and Occult" suspecting these might be the cause, but i still get the notification.

Last Stand, Dungeons, underground cave system, smoke, light shafts, horde is attacking, art, soft lighting, insane render, octane render

^ as you can see there is nothing here that i can imagine would cause a problem.
Also the images contain these words in the subject matter (images) and in the filenames.

I must assume this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our users. Please use the Report tool to notify us of the problem and provide a brief explanation of what occurred in the text field. We will see if corrections can be made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our users. If you think the words you have used don't violate our content guidelines or should not be omitted from your prompt, please use the Report tool under the "..." menu or the blue "Share Feedback" button on the "Can't Load" monkey screen, to notify us of the problem and provide a brief explanation of what occurred in the text field. We will see if corrections can be made. We may revisit our decision not to show the word(s) which violate our guidelines in the prompt. (Merging all similar threads here so the team can access all requests on this issue)

TracyH_0-1680287616775.png

TracyH_1-1680287637530.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the standalone word "lens" in a prompt prevents generation and displays the message "One or more words violate Firefly user guidelines. Please edit and try again."

In my experience, this word is always blocked unless it is paired with other like words such as "camera" or "wide". For example, "Photo of a [subject], 50mm lens" is blocked.

I reached out on Discord and was asked to submit a bug report here. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. This is actually a known issue. Please use the Submit Feedback button to report this to our appropriate team. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know. Can you please use the blue Share Feedback button in the app to let us know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a blue button. What should I share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Found it and shared

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prompt "Allied troops storming the beach under fire during the invasion of Normandy during World War 2" resulted in this warning:

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 12.31.14 PM.png

Is that really necessary in this context?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be challenging to create a concept character design without the ability to include certain elements like a rifle, weapon, or similar items. Additionally, it's frustrating when certain words like "hit" or "lightning strike" are banned, as it can limit creative expression and dramatic elements.

The banning of these words may be a measure taken by Adobe to comply with certain policies or guidelines. However, it's understandable that this can feel restrictive for those looking to fully express their creative vision. Not all characters have to be really, really good at dodgeball

A potential solution to the limitations on creative expression due to banned words in Adobe could be to implement an optional "filter" for users who are not easily offended or disturbed by alleged  politically incorrect content. This filter could allow for more unrestricted use of language and imagery, while also providing a layer of protection for those who may be sensitive to certain themes or topics. Of course, it would be important for Adobe to include appropriate warnings and disclaimers to ensure users are fully aware of the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our users. We realize our filters may be considered too strict for some users and are investigating ways to improve this experience. Please use the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons to provide feedback on images or use the blue "Share Feedback" button to let us know if a prompt was incorrectly blocked. (Merging all similar threads here so the team can access all requests on this issue)

TracyH_0-1680204103439.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tracy, thanks for your answer.

Blister packaging for example is a very typical form of packaging for medicine, toys and others, but the word blister is banned, the word-ban system is not working on a context or understanding but working on an arbitrary usage. This will clearly set Firefly behind the other options out there.
blister.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the sensitivity for the word ban and with all the other AI creative tools in the market, this will severely limit the potential of image generation quality.  While I do understand that safety is important, but developers need to understand that if you restrict contexts, you limit creative freedom.  Sometimes art will depict violence, sexual themes, and content that may be viewed as harmful, but historically, look at the all the art that's been created depecting sexual themes, nudity, violence, death.  Art will always offend someone, it's no one's place to restrict the ability to develop all art.

Some of the limitations in the language restrictions that firefly has in place, it targets action vetbs like "strike", "Blister", "Bleed", "explode", etc, which can be used to describe an action "Lightning Strike", "Red and blue colors bleed into each other", "Glass texture explode with neon lines", "Blister packet on brown table"; all normal contexts will flag as violations.  So maybe a word or phrase ban isn't the path that should be taken.  What if you wanted to create an image of a drug in a Blister packet in context for an anti-drug content? What if you wanted bleeding text for a horror film? Or a historical accurate depiction of WW2?

One idea is to not have a word or phrase in the generation process, or at least a very focused verbage that focuses on vunlerable persons like minors (granted globally this changes based on culture of country), have a content warning for published works, have a filter system in place as OP has suggested, then allow a user reporting system for works that violate policies in place, but releastically you can't stop all harmful content generated by users, comes with the industry, you see this on social media.  But now you run into abuses with false reporting.  This unfortunately a challenge in the industry regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are correct, the word shooting as in "photographer shooting a..." gave me the same monkey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some feedback, the word nannies are waaaay too strong right now. I can't see how this can be seen as acceptable. I can prompt beer, but not a cannabis leaf, even though both are perfectly legal where I live and there are legitimate cannabis businesses all around. Why is the word LSD banned, when there is literally an art movement from the 60's based around it? These word nannies are going to really turn artists away if they remain this strong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment, generating an image of a brownie tags it as inappropriate, 'violating Firefly's user guidelines', and so, it is taken out of the prompt, making it almost impossible to generate a brownie without doing some mental gymnastics to describe it as a 'square shaped chocolate preparation with soft cake-like middle section and crunchy dark outer section', which does not produce very reliable results, as you can imagine. I've also tried with different flavors and got the same issue.

I believe this to be an error. Here are some prompts that I used: 'delicious chocolate brownie', 'delicious  chocolate brownie with cocoa powder swirling around it, golden hue in the air', 'delicious square shaped chocolate preparation with soft cake-like middle section and crunchy darker outer section with cocoa powder swirling around it, golden hue in the air', 'delicious strawberry brownie'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooting with recurve bow and shooting stars = Can't load One or more words violate Firefly user guidelines. Please edit and try again.

Word "shooting" is not allowed but words "shoots" and "shoot" are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my first session with text effects, I am finding most things I type generate nothing saying it's violating the terms. I'm not trying to do anything controversial. A good error message would help me diagnose the problem.  For example the phrase 'holy smoke' - if it told me which word was problematic, and better still why, it might train me to work with it better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited to try out Firefly to see it's potential for creating Easy English images and other content related to disability and access. Unfortunately I can't include specific disabilities in my prompts. So far I have been told that 'Autism' and 'Down Syndrome' break community guidelines. This is not useful when trying to create specific content in the disability space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BrendanKearns Thank you for your feedback. Please use the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons to provide feedback on each image. To report harmful/inappropriate results, hover over the image and use the ellipses button to select the Report flag or the blue "Share Feedback" button on if you are seeing the Content Policy violation notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

underline the words that violate Firefly user guidelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a horror artist and feel extremely trepidatious about trying anything in Firefly. I got the notice that my prompt violated the rules. Here was my prompt: "3d 1950's lovely frantic insane housewife with a maniacal grin and wide eyes in a spooky goth kitchen". No gore- no intense horror stuff...but somehow this violated the rules? I'm worried our account will get taken away because I have to walk on eggshells to create any kind of spooky art. My idea is to be cautious, yes. But not being able to create spooky art is alienating a huge group of people. I don't know what word or words from my prompt was bad. I'm trying to be as creative as possible with my words. Maybe don't strike people who use words like "spooky" or "maniacal" or maybe it was the word "insane"? I absolutely love that Adobe is doing this- I've had the Adobe Suite for many years now and this is awesome! I just feel limited considering the genre of art I like to create. Maybe be a little more open minded about some of the words we can use? I'm not trying to create murder scenes or anything like that. Just spooky Halloweeny stuffs. Anyway, thank you for your time and I hope you get where I'm coming from. Have an awesome day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should strikethru the words that are not allowed instead of stupid monkey picture.

tell me what words are not allowed.

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 1.03.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. We will share this with our team. Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our users.

Votes

Translate

Translate