• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Google Pixel 6, 6a, 6 Pro, 7a, and 7 Pro DNGs don't show Adobe camera profiles

LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Google updated the Pixel Camera APP to 9.1.xxx.xxxxx or 9.2.xxx.xxxxx, I noticed its DNG could not show Adobe profile in LRM 9.1
Update Lightroom Mobile 9.2.0 yesterday, but Pixel 7 Pro DNG bug is still not fixed. Only the main and tele sensor's DNG have problems. front and wide DNG are ok.
Problems were gone when I reversed the Pixel Camera app version to 9.0.115.586536401.40

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally posted this in the https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-imported-dng-files-from-a-google-pixel-7-phone-do-n... thread and @Rikk Flohr: Photography suggested I post here because the original bug will not be reopened.

As mentioned above, LrC 13.2 has not fixed the problem for the Pixel 7 Pro. The only profiles I am offered in Develop on a current crop of photos are Google Pixel and Google Pixel Monochrome. I have DNGs shot with the same phone last December where I can also select the Adobe Color, Landscape, Portrait etc. profiles.

The camera software version is different between those images that work and later images that do not.

I haven't dug into which lenses do work and which lenses don't in 13.2 but I have 300+ images already shot that don't so more work by Adobe on the bug would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mick Seymour, please upload a couple sample Pixel 7 Pro DNGs to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing links here. Dpreview.com doesn't have any samples for the Pixel 7 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellisI've uploaded a few samples to Google drive. there is a set of 4 x 3 and a set of 16 x 9 both at zoom levels of 1, 2, 5 and 10. There is also a selfie.

I don't know why @Rikk Flohr: Photography would say 13.2 fixed the problem on the Pixel Pro 7. The only one of this sample that shows the Adobe profiles available is the selfie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, I updated the bug report to include the Google Pixel 7 Pro (with samples provided by @Mick Seymour).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mick Seymour: "I don't know why @Rikk Flohr: Photography would say 13.2 fixed the problem on the Pixel Pro 7."

I don't think he did. He said in the other thread, "This bug was explicitly written against the Google Pixel 7". The original post in that thread was about the Pixel 7. After an internal report was logged, additional reports about the Pixel 6 were posted; but sometimes the developers working on a bug don't go back to the original threads here to see if there's updated information. The reports about the 7a and 7 Pro came in after LR 13.2 was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake.

Hopefully, the fix is as simple as adding the 7 Pro, 7a and 6 to the same code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround until Adobe fixes this problem, if you create and Export a profile using Adobe DNG Profile Editor (this produces a .dcp file in the Camera Raw/Camera Profiles folder) you can then Browse for the profile in Lightroom or Camera Raw. Works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see previous post ...

You can try this profile if you like: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/s3o2rjhvwknlw2z3tb0ue/h?rlkey=pth9f6zzv0nexkri8rgvy85i3&dl=0

You should put it into C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles for Windows, or the equivalent folder for the Mac.

(Profile not done in office lighting btw ...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be another problem with the Pixel 7a raw file. DNG Profile Editor does not allow changes on the Color Matrices tab. On the Color Tables tab Saturation is set to max for all colors after creating the color table. These two issues make it difficult to get a half-reasonable profile for this camera.

Works fine for a Sony raw file.

Fixing Lightroom/Camera Raw will not fix this problem obviously.

May point to a problem with the Pixel raw format. 

DNG Profile Editor 1.0.0.47 Beta, both PC and Mac, latest version from https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/camera-raw/digital-negative.html (note: the filename is DNG_Profile_Editor_win_1_0_4.exe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!

ColorChecker Camera Calibration (XRite/Calibrite) seems to do a good job at creating a color profile for the 7a.  Works well for Lightroom and Camera Raw. 

https://calibrite.com/us/software-downloads/

Should work fine for other Pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix incomming in a future update for this? It would be helpful to have profiles included without having to revert to an older gcam version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Is there a fix incomming in a future update for this?"

Adobe rarely comments on when a bug might be fixed or when a new version is coming out. They release new versions of Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, and Camera Raw about every eight weeks., so we might expect to see a release this week or next.

Votes

Translate

Translate