• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Retouch circle automatically becomes smaller

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have updated to Lightroom Classic 12.4, the retouch circle automatically becomes smaller every time I use it in the same picture. For example, I put the width of the circle on 20 and use it, then I go to another spot in the picture to use the same tool and automatically LR has changed the width to 19. Then to 18, 17, 16 and so on. Anyone having the same problem? This looks like a bug?

Thank you for any comments.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Cross-referencing to existing bug

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
40 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step try is to reset the preferences to the default settings.

• Reset Procedure:
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Windows: Hold down [Alt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
    Mac: Hold down [Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
  • Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Restart Lightroom.

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Axel Matt! I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. Very happens on two different computers with three different input devices. I am *NOT* touching the scroll wheel or ball, I am only clicking, letting it process the heal, then I move the cursor, on the next click it is smaller. LW 12.4 with CR 15.4, Windows 10 Vs 22H2. It is, however, not consistent, sometimes it doesn't do this, most of the time it does. Started with the last or second to last LR update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JLobert,

Exactly! Sometimes it doesn´t do this, but most of the time it does. Yesterday I found out that sometimes it goes the other way around: the circle becomes bigger with each click! And I´m not moving my finger over the mouse, just clicking!

How do we make Adobe aware of this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A formal bug report for this issue was submitted some weeks back. There is currently no workaround or timeframe for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cross-referencing to existing bug

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ian!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Macbook with an M1 chip and Lightroom 12.4.   Recently the Healing/Clone/Content Aware Brush will gradually become smaller in size as I use it.   Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had anyone else noticed that the healing tool seems to decrease in size everytime you click on a spot to clean up?

It's annoying with a lot of dust spots to clean up having to constantly resize the tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this work for you?   I am having the same issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spot removal tool decreases in size with each selection 

YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY NEED TO CREATE AN EASIER METHOD FOR REPORTING ISSUES. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-retouch-circle-automatically-becomes-smaller... 

There's no confirmed workaround -- rolling back to LR 12.3 might help.

LR releases about every eight weeks, so we might expect to see LR 12.5 next week or the week after, and hopefully this will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic V12.5
Macbook Pro 14inch M2 Pro 2023
Mac OS Ventura 13.4

Got a very weird bug going on and honestly I don't know how to reproduce it.

Whilst using any one of the Masking Tools in Lightroom, every click I make reduces the size of it's Brush and I would have to constantly resize it upwards so it can be of size again.

This has only started to happen since I updated Lightroom Classic this morning and I have no idea of what it could be. done the classic of closing Lightroom & restarting my laptop and nothing seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those experiencing this issue, we would like you to test something for the team and report back.

Do you see the issue only on images with Lens Corrections? Only on images where a Transform adjustment is made? 

If you reset both of those, does the problem continue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

I just did a quick test and found that my retouch circle becomes smaller when I have a Transform correction made.   It also becomes smaller when I have Enable Profile Correctons checked in Lens Corrections.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jedgie1  Thanks for checking. If you disable the Lens Correction and Reset the Transformation tools does the circle return to normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk,

I can confirm that this happens either with the lens profile enabled or a transform action done (I tried with vertical and aspect). If I disable those, the issue does not happen! I switched back and forth on the same image in the same session. It looks repeatable.

One other thing I noticed: the size indicator stays constant (e.g., "77") even though the circle get smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to upload the image, see comments.

One other thing: the issue becomes MUCH more extreme with the Transform applied, compared to the Lens Profile Clip0003.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

If I disable the Lens Correction and Reset the Transformation tools after using the retouching tool the tool does not continue to get smaller with use but it also does not revert to my orignally selected size it stays the same as the last time I used it befor disabling the L.C. and T. tools.  Also, for me the size indicator decreases as the tool size decreases; in contradiction to JLobert's issue of the indicator staying the same as the tool size diminishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the healing brush tool it decreases in size with every single click even though I don't change the size myself. Same happens with both content aware remove and heal tool. I'm using version 13.0.1 with camera raw 16.0 on Windows 11 Pro but this issue has been there for quite a while.

Thought it would get fixed eventually but it's still here so that's why I'm making a post about it. It's frustrating having to increase the size when I never wanted to change the size to start with when removing sensor dust for example since those have the same size often. When you use the tool multiple times in a row then you can clearly see that the circle gets smaller and smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try is to reset the preferences to the default settings.

• Reset Procedure:
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Windows: Hold down [Alt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
    Mac: Hold down [Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
  • Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Restart Lightroom.

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I set brush size for example 14, then i click on dust on picture and size of brush circle is automatically lowered to 13, after next click 12, until it gets to 4.

Can´t find any settings in CR, so I suppose it´s a bug. Right? It´s very annoying.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I just realised I am probably in wrong group, so I am sorry. First time here 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate