• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe has installed two programs as Windows 11 startup programs that interfere with other programs

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this belongs here or with LrC which is installed on my computer. But since one of the programs has "Creative Cloud" as its name, I've posted this here. The two progams that I've now disabled in order to get other programs to execute properly are:

• Creative Cloud.exe. If this program is running in the background it causes an H&R Block tax preparation program called "H&R Block Business 2023" to fail in numerous ways shortly after you start to use it. Sometimes the program issues a diagnostic indicating some type of file access failure. But at other times there is no diagnostic, just a crash or hang.
  • updaterstartuputility.exe. If this program is running in the background the age-old Notepad takes a very long time to start up. When this program is disabled, Notepad starts instantaneously.

The immediate work-around is to disable both of these programs from starting up by going to the "Startup apps" panel in Task Manager and then rebooting Windows.

However, I don't know if there are any negative effects, particularly wrto Adobe products, that result from disabling them. THe only thing to add here is that after disabling them I have not encountered any obvious problems using LrC.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
App installs and updates , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?