Issue: 

• Lightroom Classic Version Number: 13.1
  • OS Version Number: Windows 11 23H2

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a publishing service, e.g. publish to harddrive
  2. Manually put a single video into the corresponding collection
  3. Hit the publish button

Expected result: Video gets published to harddrive
Actual result: A warning dialog appears saying "This collection can't be updated. An internal error occurred: assertion failed!"

This took me a while to figure out. I'm a long time user of Jeffrey Friedl's Folder Publisher and all of a sudden it started failing with the above message. After quite some testing I found out that it didn't even get as far as starting the plugin, but failed on the collection itself. Then found out that it occurs only when I add a video and also for the regular publishing service that comes with Lightroom. I tried different video formats, doesn't seem to matter.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Ticket logged - status updated. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
46 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Lightroom updated to 13.1, I can't publish photos anymore!

1. I optimized the catalog, that didn't work.
  2. I uninstalled LR and reinstalled, that didn't work.

This is happening with all of my catalogs! Please help asap. I am dead in the water at this point.

Untitled.png

I am using macOS Monterey 12.6.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The info in that link did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Adobe support, going back to version 13.0.2 fixed the issue. So there is a bug in the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but only with publishing videos.  Still images publish just fine!

I have tried videos from different cameras as well as tried different publish services (including Hard Drive).  All fail to publish videos with the same error message as the OP.

Mac OS Ventura 13.6.3, LR 13.1, 2020 27" iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue as camner2, with same message as David McCarter, since last Lightoom update 13.1.

To Publish photos/videos I filter on stars and Source Folder name. As soon as in that Folder there is a vidéo, it s impossible to Publish (An Internal Error has occured : Assertion failed appears.).

With only photos in the source folder it is ok. I tried just putting a video in the source folder and it fails.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed for me by support also.

Solved after going back to version 13.0.2 (can be done easily via Creative Cloud, and disable automatic updating). Have to wait for correction in version after 13.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. With "Hard Drive" publishing, pictures work fine, videos create an "Assertion failed" error. I use only "Hard Drive" publishing, so I don't know about other publishing targets.

(LR 13.1 Windows, i5-6500, 16GB RAM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that earlier versions (e.g., 13.0.2) have a different bug related to  publishing and exporting: Post Process actions don't work.  If you don't use them, then rolling back to fix the issue with publishing videos is a great workaround.  But otherwise you are trading one feature you want but is broken for another.  Choose your poison wisely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that's a completely different scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with Jeffrey Friedl's Flickr publisher. If there is a video in the Publish Collection or Smart Publish Collection, I get this error. What I don't know is if this is a Jeffrey Friedl issue or not. Someone ought to try publishing using some other publish service, unrelated to Jeffrey Friedl, to see if this is an LrC problem or a Jeffrey Friedl problem. (I would do it, but I don't use any other publish service; and I have just gotten back from a trip). Windows 11, LrC 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already wrote in my original post, I did exactly that. I used the "publish to harddrive" and got the same error and so figured out it had nothing to do with Jeffreys plugin. I got suspicious when I turned on the debug log in his plugin and there was not a single line in the log. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please consider moving to Bugs -- I get the same results with the bug recipe in LR 13.1 / Mac OS 14.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic Version 13.1 Fehler Veröffenlicheungsdienste funktioniert nicht mehr, Fehler diese Sammlung kann nicht aktualisiert werden. Nach Downgrade auf 13.02 Fehler behoben. 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Macbook Pro 2019, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Ventura 13.6.3. Selbes Problem auf Mac Mini 2022,

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already wrote in my original post, I did exactly that. I used the "publish to harddrive" and got the same error and so figured out it had nothing to do with Jeffreys plugin. I got suspicious when I turned on the debug log in his plugin and there was not a single line in the log. 

By @ThomasHH42

Thank you @ThomasHH42 — I plead guilty to not reading your message carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please consider moving to Bugs -- I get the same results with the bug recipe in LR 13.1 / Mac OS 14.1.

By @johnrellis

Thanks, @johnrellis 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the full error message, "Can't update this collection. An internal error has occurred: assertion failed!"? And if so, does the problem collection contain a video that LR is trying to publish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm new to this community, can someone more senior please enlighten me how this is problem will be solved now? Is there some official issue number I can follow to see in which newer Lightroom version this will be fixed? Or do I just read the release notes in hope to find this mentioned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ticket logged - status updated. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on a M2 Mac (14.1.2 (23B92)), only while publishing videos. Photos are okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same while attempting to Publish Collections to Smugmug using the official plugin. This is for new Collections and updating existing ones; it failed with the above error if they contained videos. I tried multiple approaches to resolve without luck until someone at lightroomqueen pointed me to this. I have been using lightroom and the official smugmug plugin for years without many issues; this one makes it harder and challanges the workflow. I hope it gets resolved soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system also regular export of video-files fails since the last update. The picture files are exported but all video files are not found and therefor missing in export.

Looking at the harddisk these video-files all do exist however.

Votes

Translate

Translate