• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Backslash (view original photo) button does not work on a Hungarian keyboard.

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Lightroom Classic with a Hungarian keyboard and I would like to be able to see the original state of the photos. I can do this with the Y key, but the \ key doesn't work (on my Hungarian keyboard it's the AltGr + Q key). I have read many articles and many forum posts about this error. It seems that this is a common error with national character keyboards (I have read about such a problem with e.g. German and Dutch keyboards as well). In a couple of places, I came across such a evasive solution proposal that a configuration file must be created under Lightroom and the new hotkey can be entered in one line. I tried this too (maybe wrongly), but it didn't help either. I have the latest version of everything on my machine. I use Widows 11 in Hungarian, with a Hungarian keyboard. Maybe it would be worth combining the related forum posts, or if there is a workaround that works in all languages, then make it public. Of course, it would be best if Lightroom handled keyboards correctly, regardless of language. Dear Adobe colleagues! Can anyone confirm that Adobe is addressing this issue?

Best regards,

Péter

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Create ticket to investigate and updated status

This is not a bug as Lightroom does not support Hungarian. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but the \ key doesn't work (on my Hungarian keyboard it's the AltGr + Q key)"

1. Are you running LR in English?

2. Are you running Mac OS in Hungarian or English?

3. Which keyboard layout is shown in the Mac Input menu?  See step 1 of this article for how to access the Input menu:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-the-keyboard-viewer-on-mac-mchlp1015/mac

In my Mac OS 14.2.1, when I use the Hungarian keyboard viewer with the ANSI or ISO layouts, Opt/Alt ü produces a \.  When I use the Hungarian QWERTY keyboard viewer, it's Opt/Alt ű. In LR running in English, using those key combinations toggles the before/after view in Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, for some reason I concluded you were on Mac, but your post clearly shows you on Windows. I'll investigate Windows later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same misbehavior in my LR 13.1 / Windows 11 when Hungarian is selected as the input language and using the On-Screen Keyboard app.  Typing "AltGr q" enters a \ when the input focus is in a LR text field (e.g. Caption), but it is ignored as the shortcut for Toggle Before/After in Develop.

Perhaps the cause of this bug is that LR is seeing the key combination AltGr q (analagous to, say, Ctrl A), not "\".

LR defines the shortcut as something other than \ in many of its supported languages, probably for the same reason that it doesn't work in Hungarian:

johnrellis_0-1707547953916.png

You could use the Any Shortcut plugin to change the assigned shortcut to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please consider moving to Bugs. I am able to reproduce the misbehavior (see my previous post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create ticket to investigate and updated status

This is not a bug as Lightroom does not support Hungarian. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines