• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit in Photoshop window not coming to the front automatically

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue after upgrading to 24.4.1 with Lightroom 12.3 on Windows 10.  The taskbar tab turns orange, but I have to click on it to get Photoshop to come forward. 

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

David

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Thanks for the details & the supporting info enabling us to reproduce this on test machines.

Setting status & adding bug number.

Sameer K.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
58 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the lastest PS update using a macbook pro and the M1 chip, when opening PS from LR classic applying the "edit in photoshop 2023" option, PS opens and immediately minimzes itself. I need to go to the dock and click on it to bring it up. Then if working on another image coming from LR, PS will not populate, but instead stays open in the minimized state in the dock.  And so on and so on. This was not happening the prior version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @PixelPurfect. We'll need more info to help you with this. What exact version of Lightroom & macOS are you working on? Do you have multiple displays connected?

The latest version of Lightroom Classic & Lightroom Desktop is 12.3 & 6.3, respectively. Please check if you're working on the latest versions of both.

You can try to reset Photoshop to the default & apply steps to optimize Photoshop. Go to the location of the preference folder below and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Press Windows + R & type this is the Run Window - %APPDATA%\Adobe
    SameerK_0-1682544955597.png

• Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more note, if Photoshop is not open, Ctrl+E works fine and transfers window focus to Photoshop.  If Photoshop is open, Lightroom never handsoff focus...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer, I am workiong with the latest versions of Lightroom, Photoshop and Windows Pro.  See below.  I also added another note to the thread.

I did see your suggested remedy in another thread.  I started it earlier today and got nervous.  This is a production machine.

Thanks,

David

PixelPurfect_1-1682546501233.png

PixelPurfect_0-1682546440689.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using dual monitors.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose 2 or more photos in Lightroom Classic and "edit as layers in Photoshop" it will load them and automatically bring Photoshop up onto my screen. It swithces the programs automatically for me. BUT, if I choose only one photo and "edit in Photoshop" it does not automatically bring Photoshop up onto my screen, I must click on PS in my taskbart to switch applications. How can I get the PS to pop up without having to click on it each time? Newest versions of both apps up to date, Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PixelPurfect I've temporarily moved this thread to the Lightroom Classic board.

@shayb68441784 I've merged the thread to another similar report. Please provide more details about your entire setup. Please share Photoshop & Lightroom Classic's system info from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > Upload and share with us here.

Please share a screen recording of this behavior if you can.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details & the supporting info enabling us to reproduce this on test machines.

Setting status & adding bug number.

Sameer K.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this behavior on Windows 10 Pro with dual monitors LR on one and PS  on the other. 

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shayb68441784@Sameer K    I did find a workaround.  Once the PS tab lights up, Hit Ctrl+Tab and it will switch tro PS.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Alt+Tab to switch to PS.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've identified something to add. I was working on some images this morning and with a few of them, tiff files, Photoshop did pop up when I sent them. However, I can't repeat it and it is only with some tiff files not all. Still no luck at all with RAW or JPG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using LR Classic and using edit in PS feature, PS is not coming to forefront. It did on my older computer but now since I upgraded to mac studio M1. It is not having PS come to forground once hitting edit in PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to not have to find a work around for this issue. It does the same thing for me when I give LR Classic a command to edit in PS. PS should open and come to forefront at that point. Especially since its a command that is done all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the latest versions of LRC and PS. When I select images (doesn't matter the format) the files open in Photoshop, but LR continues to be the active window. CMD E opens a JPEGs in PS in the background and I now have to manually select PS vs it automatically showing. Editing a RAW file automatically switches to PS window, but LR window stays active in the background until I click on PS window. I tend to select multiple RAWs. Out of habit I hit V once in PS ... in many cases I return to LR and all of the images have been converted to B/W because I didn't click the PS window first.

Working on a Mac Studio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Quand je veux envoyer une photo de Lightroom vers Photoshop je suis obligé de l'envoyer en tant qu'objet dynamique pour que photoshop m'ouvre l'espace de travail. Si je l'envoie normalement ou en tant que calque c'est la page d'acceuil de photoshop qui s'ouvre seulement !!

Auriez vous une solution.

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Classic Community @André 1955. To help you figure this out, I'll need more info.

Are you working on Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What version of Photoshop are you working on?

If you're working with Lightroom Classic, ensure the image is not missing from Lightroom Classic's catalog. Go to the Library Module > from the top main menu > Library > Find All missing Photos > Reinstate broken links for all missing images to Lightroom Classic.

If the issue still exists, try this.

• Uninstall & re-install Lightroom Classic & Photoshop.
  • Install Photoshop & Lightroom again & launch Photoshop before you open Lightroom Classic.
  • Try again.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour et merci Sammer

Je travaille avec Lrc V 12.3 et Photoshop V24.4.1 (les dernieres versions) et Windows 10 -64 bits

Ce problème vient de l'installation de la version Photoshop  Béta ! Depuis je l'ai désinstallée mais j'ai ce problème ou je ne peux plus me servir de Photoshop.

Mes images ne sont pas absentes du catalogue.

-Lorsque je sélectionne une photo depuis Lrc, clic droit, modifier dans, Adobe Photoshop = Page d'acceuil et rien de plus !!

-Sélection de 2 photos depuis Lrc, ouvrir en tant que calques =  Page d'acceuil mais rien de plus je ne vois m^me pas les 2 photos sélectionnées !!

-Sélection d'une photo depuis Lrc, ouvrir en tant qu'Objet dynamique = Photo bien ouverte sur l'espace de travail de photoshop 

Vous me proposez de désinstaller Lightroom mais je vais perdre toute ma  bibliothèque, mes paramètes prédéfinis et toute mon organisation de mes dossiers ??

Merci pour votre réponse Sameer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Lrc V 12.3 and Photoshop V24.4.1 (the latest versions) and Windows 10 -64 bits

This problem comes from the installation of the Photoshop  Beta version! Since I uninstalled it but I have this problem or I can no longer use Photoshop.

My images are not absent from the catalog.

-When I select a photo from Lrc, right click, edit in, Adobe Photoshop = Home page and nothing more!!

-Selection of 2 photos from Lrc, open as layers =  Home page but nothing more I do not see m^me the 2 selected photos !!

-Select a photo from Lrc, open as Smart Object = Photo well opened on the photoshop workspace

You offer me to uninstall Lightroom but I will lose all my library, my predefined settings and all my organization of my  folders??

By @André 1955

Start by reinstalling Photoshop, that might fix the issue with no need to reinstall LrC.

When uninstalling, you may be asked if you want to keep your preferences, click Yes. This applies to both Ps and LrC.

Uninstalling LrC will not affect the catalog, which contains edits, folder organization, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je viens de faire :

-Désinstallation LRc + Photoshop

-Réinstallation Photoshop + LRc

-Même résultat qu'auparavant !!!! Pas d'espace de travail sauf pour l'envoi vers PS en objet dynamaique...

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same behavior on my M1 MacBook Air, running in clamshell mode. Lastest LR and PS as of today. All these files are on my internal HD.

TIFFs previously edited in PS switch from Lightroom to PS.

Raw files and iPhone HEICs open in PS, but Mac doesn’t switch to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Update!! More info:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the same effect a couple of days ago sending an image from Lrc V12.3 to Silver Efex.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate