• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Select All People missing feature segments

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE the new AI Masks but with the latest update, I was SO disappointed to find that I could no longer select different features like TEETH, SKIN and EYES if I choose ALL PEOPLE.  I can get those options only if I choose INDIVIDUAL people.  While this option accomplishes the same thing as I can add multiple recognized humans, the HUGE bummer is that I can't copy and paste ALL PEOPLE masks and have the AI create custom masks for different photos as the arrangements and people change.  I basically could program it to apply custom filters to any faces recognized in the photos.  Now it will only apply it to the people it recognized in the one photo example I'm using as a source to PASTE from.  This feature has lost all value for productivity.  Am I missing something!!!!?? HELP! 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Adding bug number

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The February 2023  updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
33 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The faces in this photo are small. Have you tried it on other images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultr1e0yc9dhcid It's working fine for me on people/faces as small as 1/15th of the total pixel width. 

MacBook Pro M1 Max, Mojave, LrC 12.1

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a regressive bug. Hopefully it will get fixed quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. We could reproduce the issue.
We are investigating.

Select Person 1 and then use Add People option to select all others could be a workaround. 

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding bug number

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the same with larger subjects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Lightroom Classic 12.1 update, it is no longer possible to sync masks to all faces at the same time. Why was this feature removed? Previously, when synchronizing, the mask was superimposed on all faces at once, and this simplified the work, because each face in the photo was corrected. Now, if you select "all people", then you can check the box: people as a whole, it is impossible to select the faces of all people at once. This spoils all the work, now in the photo, where there are 5 people, I only have the mask for the first person synchronized. Return the function of full synchronization of masks on all faces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You now have no options when choosing "all people", it is possible to select only whole people, there is no way to select parts of body areas, so when you synchronize all photos with a mask, the mask is applied to only one person and then you need to manually select each person on a photo. And earlier, a "face skin" mask was created and all available faces in the photo were changed to a mask with face skin. Please fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problems. The person mask options (selecting face skin, body skin, etc) are no longer available when you want to apply to all people. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is currently under investigation by the LrC QE team

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Already missing this feature badly! I hope it gets fixed again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Restarted an edit on exact same album. Features for All people only works in the Rolled Back version 12.01. Also syncing individual masks for 3 people resulted in one person getting 3 duplicate masks in the autosync-selected photos: i.e., As labeled "Face Skin: Person 2" "Face skin: Person 3" are actually exactly the same masks as face skin for Person 1 in all the selected photos for Autosync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too noticed this in the new update and I have been trying to figure out how to undo the update. The only options when selecting all people is "entire person", and the only real use in speeding up my workflow with these individualized masks was that I could select all people and then make a mask for ALL eyes, ALL face skin, ALL body skin etc. and then paste that across huge groups of photos. It was amazing. This new update seems to have rolled back the masks efficency back to when we had to update the ai masks for every photo, it definitely feels like a backwards update.

Does anyone know how to undo the update and go back to 12.0? I would rather never update again and keep the way it was before.Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 4.44.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! I'm going through a session right now and have 3 masks on top of 1 person. It's pretty frustrating to have to go back through and delete AND remask all the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! It is taking more than twice as long, it is actually turning out to be easier to just remask every single image, which means I just went from being able to edit 100 photos in an hour or so, to 100 photos in 3+ hours because I have to fiddle so much with each mask or just redo it completely and they take longer to make now in the first place without the all people option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this bug be fixed? It's been a month since the update, but the problem hasn't been fixed. We pay money for the service, but we cannot get it in full. This is a clear mistake, because the masks should not be superimposed one on one and not recognize faces. Is it possible to rollback to a previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Roman_Romano  To reinstall a previous version of LrC, In the Creative Cloud app in the line that says Lightroom Classic: click on the three dots at the very right end of that line, then click on "Other Versions".

Note, the LrC V 12.X is not compatible with V 11.X. So I suggest you pick V 12.0.1 and see if that works for you.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are just a genius! I just did it and it worked for me. Thank you very much. I recommend everyone to upgrade to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Roman_Romano  Happy that worked for you:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works perfectly! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I did..... also even though there's missing functionality it seems to use more resources and take longer to sync all the masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newer version i cannot make a sepecific selection on more than one subject.

For example before i could select just the skin on all the subjects of the image, that allowed me to do skin sotfning automatically on all subjects and just copy paste that to all the photos even if there were diffrent subjects on the others.

Huge time saver. Now you cannot do this. Please bring it back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, before the new update I was able to select the ALL PEOPLE option and the features would come up for all people including face skin, body skin, eyes, teeth,...etc. Now with the new update 12.1 I am not seeing all the features come up for the all people option it just shows entire person option. How can I go about this without adding on each person. The all people options selecting the features translated better with the AI to paste the masks on the following photos. The "previous" pasting of the AI doesn't work well when selecting a person and adding more. Work flow has increased with this option no showing all featurs with choosinc ALL PEOPLE. 

Any help with this, thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue. Adobe are working to resolve in a future update. You can find more details at https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-select-all-people-missing-feature-segments/i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to explain this. just recently In  Lightroom Classic  i was able to select the people option to mass out certain parts of the body hair, lips, face and eyes. 

Now for some reason now I get a error message saying I do not have enough the VRAM to run this feature on my Mac mini. Is there any solutions? I would be greatly appreciated.

My troubleshooting steps close Lightroom restarted it shut down my computer restarted it Same issue Not enough VRAM to run this feature.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate