• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: KBSC [ F ] for full screen returns to regular view when second screen is active

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LRC v12.3 on a Windows Machine.  Working in library module, with two monitors.  Primary Monitor set to loupe and second is in grid.  If I click F to go fullscreen, the primary monitor quickly goes to Fullscreen for a second then back to normal view.  If I turn off the grid view on the second monitor, it goes into fullscreen just fine and stays there till I click F again.  Prior to the latest release this was not the case, and the fullscreen worked fine.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

While we haven't been able to precisely replicate this we are opening a bug for investigation due to number of reports. 

Please watch this thread for updates. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
75 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nach dem Upgrade auf 12.3 funktioniert die F-Taste nicht wie gewohnt. Beim ersten drücken der F-Taste wird das Vollbild kurz angezeigt und springt nach ca. 1 Sekunde wieder zurück. Drückt man beim gleichen Bild die F-Taste erneut und hält sie gedrück wird das Bild länger angezeigt.

System: Win 10 Pro und Nvidia GTX 1150 ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing image full screen (keyboard shortcut F) not working in LR Classic 12.3. Pressing F momentarily puts the image in full screen then it reverts to loupe view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @reichtho @bobt17598559, welcome to the Lightroom Community. We'll need more information to help you figure this out. Could you please share the system info of Lightroom Classic from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload and share with us here?

In the meantime, try this:

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Windows users but the reports that I've read here would seem to indicate that keeping the GPU drivers up to date has become quite crucial.

As Adobe is switching more operations from CPU to GPU with recent releases, it may very well be that something that "just worked" before needs a GPU driver update, so that's something I'd look into first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is my system info.  Note that the issue I am encountering is identical to that of poster (johnrellis) below.

Also note that my graphics driver is up-to-date and disabling the graphics provessor in LR had no effect on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bobt17598559 

Some first troubleshooting steps:

1. Try resetting preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

That article explains how to restore them if it doesn't help.

2. In File > Plug-in Manager, disable the Loupedeck2 plug-in and restart LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tries both resetting preferences and disabling the loupedeck plug-in.  Neither resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 34" ultrawide monitor so my workflow is done using a large main window and enabling the secondary window (F11) set as the gallery browser. For all this time, until I installed the new version 12.3, the secondary Window would close if the main one lost focus, like if I switched to a browser tab or something else, but then would come back once the main window was back in focus again.

As of the latest update to LRC, the secondary window no longer returns and I have to manually re-enable it. This is highly annoying and adds a hindrance to the workflow as I find myself constantly having to press F11 to bring it back.

1: It was bad enough that the secondary window closed on main window focus loss in the first place.

2: It's now a major issue that the window does not return on return of main window focus like it used to.

Can both of these bugs be resolved please? The first point has existed in forever, and I recall posted on other forums talking about it for years yet Adobe don't seem to care to sort it. Any chance this can finally be sorted?

For reference, the first issue is discussed here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/keep-secondary-display-showing-even-when-moving-to-...

My video demonstrating the 2nd part of the issue: https://youtu.be/Oi1HetvXQPE

System details:

CPU: 12700KF

RAM: 64GB

GPU: RTX 4090

GPU driver: 531.61 Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to replicate this issue given the reproduction instructions in your post.  Moving from bugs to discussions

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been an issue for years, and I'm not alone in experiencing this either^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just used v12.3 for the first time and when I attempt to view a picture in full screen by pressing 'F' the image goes to full screen and immediately returns.

I am running Windows 11 on an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor with 64GB RAM and GeForce RTX 3060 for graphics.

A fix would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded LR Classic to the latest version (12.3, Build 202304101834-a085245c). When I press "F" in Library or Develop modules, my picture only appears momentarily in full screen, then goes back to Library or Develop view. This is an intermittent problem. I haven't seen it in previous versions of LRc. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit, latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I discovered that if you don't show the second monitor in LR (little monitor icon, bottom left above the filmstrip), fullscreen works as it should. As soon as you enable the second monitor it quits working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some further tests. I've ensured I have the latest graphics driver and also disable the GPU for use with Lightroom. Neither has made any difference and the problem remains.

Is someone at Adobe working on this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also discovered that the problem only occurs when I have a second monitor enabled. If I work on a single monitor the problem does not occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus one here. I have exactly the same problem. I just upgraded to Lightroom 12.3 and immediately full screen preview no longer works in dual screen mode (it briefly goes full screen when I press f and then back again). If I first press F11 to go single screen, it works fine. I like to be able to see the grid on my second screen when in full screen preview, so I'm looking forward to a bug fix update to address this.

Thanks all above for reporting here, at least I know it's not just me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attempted to reproduce this on two different Windows systems (10 & 11) using the instructions found in this thread. I do not find behavior changed from previous versions. 

If you use the KBSC [Shift]+[ F ] instead (which is a 3 position toggle) does it behave better for you?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Shift+F does is toggle the title bar and menu bar on/off, like it always has, it doesn't give you the current image fullscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chism@Robert-S@eherrmann66, @krisr9999: Please do the menu command Help > System Info, click Save As, and attach the .txt file here. That will allow us to see precisely which hardware and software you're running, and from that, figure out how to reproduce the problem.  If Adobe isn't able to reproduce the problem, it's not likely to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my system info from Lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same experience, if I remove the second monitor it works as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed this track and have the same problems and with the same test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my system info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't help. Sorry.

I have also noticed this morning that the Windows minimise, maximise and close icons normally on the top right of the screen are also missing. This means I cannot resize the window or really do anthing with it. Not sure if this is connected. I have also seen this in the past and Adobe, I thought, had fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate