• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (iOS) Error: T20200124 - Forced Edit Reset on an image

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the error pictured below on files imported onto my iOS version of lightroom.

iOS version: 17.3.1 (current)

lightroom mobile version: 9.2 (current)

I've replicated the issue multiple times and been fighting it for about a month now

1. Import ARW files from camera via SD card into the lightning cable 

2. Lightroom automatically converts them from ARW to DNG. 

3. Edit photo 1, edit photo 2, edit photo 3 

4. Press back to gallery & compare white/black points & colours across multiple photos 

5. Tap back into any of the above photos to make adjustments and voila - Error T20200124

photo_2024-03-07_16-36-52.jpg

Error: T20200124

"You can only continue editing this photo buy resetting all edits" 

Reset button proceeds to fail - I can see it animating as though I've tapped it, but nothing happens. Photo does not reset. 

It seems to be occuring because I've edited the photo BEFORE it's original file ~20MB (approx) has uploaded to the cloud. When I tap back into the photo lightroom is trying to pull an incomplete or nonexistent original from the cloud with edits and then craps itself? Why would it do that if the file is not fully uploaded AND is stored locally? 

I've tried clearing my lightroom on-device cache to no avail 

The only workaround I've found is to 

1. Delete affected photos from "my photos" 

2. Go to deleted items & restore the affected photos 

3. When I go back to edit them, I still get the same error, but at least now the reset button works 

4. WAIT FOR AN INCREDIBLY LONG TIME for the photos to upload - sometimes this gets jammed and I have to delete, permanently delete, and then re-import 

5. Go to versions and restore my previous edit 

6. Export finally 

Is it me or did lightroom uploads slow down considerably?

I'm constantly on 5G or enterprise level WIFI and sync speed was not an issue until about 6 weeks ago? 

More notes: 

When I go to lightroom's web interface there's a section of photos that pop up under "Sync issues" that includes the files that haven't uploaded fully (with no smart previews which makes them even harder to identify). Usually they get stuck uploading and then nothing really works. Edits get jammed with this error etc, it's a vicious bloody cycle & making me want to terminate my subscription. 

It's so frustrating! And there's no documentation on what this error code is? 

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Update: 04/26/2024

Developers are working on a solution for the next app release. 

In the meantime, we have some workaround advice to share.  Making a minor edit should unblock sync.  Since this T20200124 error blocks editing in full-screen mode, one must apply edits via grid view via copy/paste.

Steps:

1.  APPLY A MINOR EDIT:  Open an image and nudge a mild edit setting like Texture or Grain to a setting of +1.  (We recommend trying a mild edit feature you rarely use to avoid changing

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
44 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Wongasaur 

I'm sorry to hear about this trouble, and want to sincerely thank you for the excellents steps and details in your problem report.  We will investigate.

Regarding upload speed, I'm not aware of any issue with our cloud storage service.  There is no known slowdown of this service.  The last time I experienced something like this, I solved this by clearing a image that was stuck and couldn't upload -- this was slowing down the upload of other files.  If you sign into your same account in a desktop browser at https://lightroom.adobe.com, do you see a temporary album called "Sync Issues?"  If so, look for errors on the placeholder thumbnails that are shown in Sync Issues.  For affected files, I recommend:
1. ensure you have the original image stored safely outside of Lightroom

2. delete the affected image from Sync Issues, and empty your account trash (Permanently delete)

3. reimport the affected image(s)

I may reach out to you soon for additional information about the error described in your post, or otherwise will share any updates as I get them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I already figured out that workaround and have explained it in my original post (last paragraph). 

Problem is I won't always have the original files stored outside Lightroom and this is a real pain (and source of anxiety) to deal with. 

I think the bigger issue is that if I close Lightroom before sync is complete, files always end up in the "sync issues" folder. Basically corrupted because of poor software engineering on adobe's part. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having the same error pop up. We don't really use the cloud for storing images. 

We have tried on multiple (iPad and PC) devices with no success. VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU TRYING TO RUN A BUSINESS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

folgende Fehlermeldung erscheint bei mir in einem neuen, freigegebenen Album, aber nur be Einzelnen Bildern.

hat jemand eine Lösung?

Einstellungen nicht ladbar

Du kannst die Bearbeitung dieses Fotos nur fortsetzen, indem du alle Bearbeitungen zurücksetzt.

Fehlercode: T20200124

Meldung: cannot be downloaded

IMG_0169.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help urgently. I'm getting this error T20200124 right after I edit each photo which makes editing big batches impossible. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the last two weeks have I started getting an error message saying that settings could not be loaded? I edit on my iPad Pro, which I have been doing for years. All of a sudden I get these messages after I edit pictures and try to go back to them. It is so frustrating! I believe both my iPad and laptop are updated. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error for me on my  iPadOS 17.4 (21E219)IMG_0117.jpegIMG_0118.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this problem all the time now, started about a month ago, it's becoming difficult to use the cloud version of Lightroom, I'm a wedding photographer and cannot simply delete the images, I may have spent a long time editing images, then the error reads same as yours. Lightroom please sort this out asap, it was not like this previously. I've plenty of space available 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also starting to get this message a lot within the past 2-3 weeks! Very frustrating! 

anyone know a work around yet or had any clarification from Adobe??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve no update unfortunately
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now getting this a lot, so much as Lightroom cloud is becoming unusable 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's terrible! Really considering changing to CaptureOne tbh! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. If you're able to forward on this problem to the folks who can create a patch that would be great. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. Im travelling and only have my phone at the moment and no pc or laptop. Its incredibly frustrating to see that the customer service is ignoring the dozens of users that are having this issue. Adobe is aware of this issue and is getting multiple PAYING customers approaching them for help. Ive just spent a long time editing and I have to reset everything?!?!? I do everything on data which I pay for so not only is this costing me time and effort but its costing me data for no reason and money.... for absolutely nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same issue, nothing has been done 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a non-solution solution. After going back and forth with various support, I found that:

1- Take the photos that are jammed in 'Sync Issues' on the web version of LR, and, one by one (nightmare), export the original versions to your computer or other device. I did this by searching for the file names.
2- Delete the photos from sync issues, and empty the trash.

3- Reupload the original files to LR. 

This was a mandatory for me because I had already formatted the SD cards. It works, and it sucks, and Adobe wasted zero time blaming it on nonsense application issues, etc. Realistically, I think that the cloud is busted. But, this is the workaround for now. 

Hope this helps, cheers everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also keep getting this message! Have you gotten an answer for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to say I'm also a long time user who recently started having issues with syncing between my iPad Pro and LR Classic. Lots of pending "stuck" uploads/downloads, some photos that weren't syncing at all, and a few corrupt catalogs. Thougt I finally had it resolved by downloading the problem photos, deleting, reuploading a few days ago...

Until today when I opened up my LR Classic catalog, it corrupted, then opened fine but then started syncing old edits on top of my latest. I didn't realize this until it had already overwritten 30 some photos with old edits and no way to get the edits back.

Never had issues like this before and now I'm considering switching to Capture One because of all of the lost work and I just don't feel safe with Adobe anymore. This a f-ing mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain and I'm responding to everyone's posts in hope of Adobe actually doing something. I've phoned them three times, got nowhere, and received an email to say my case was closed (even though I still had the same issue). I'm losing edits that have taken a long time, extensive edits, reverting to the original photograph... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

thanks.... as much as this gets the original file back, the edits are lost... which is wasting so much time, and confidence lost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By deleting the sinc issues, the photos and extensive edits are lost. This is occurring frequently now, it never happened once till about 6 weeks ago. I've been using this system for years 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience similar difficuties with sync of photos begining March 3, 2024.  A few (23) images imported over a 4 day period would not sync with the adobe cloud.  They were imported through lightroom mobile on an ipad.  I isloated which photos would not sync in the lightroom classic sync status panel.  On the ipad, i found these photos and then one by one tried to reset multiple times but the T202114 error would not clear.   After several tries, I tried the sequence of clicking on the reset button, closing the edits panel, opening the edits panel, and making an edit (for example,  just tweaking exposure slider).  AFTER MAKING AN ADJUSTMENT, the reset worked and the image immediately synced to cloud and down to the lightroom classic desktop.  

It seem this mismatch of syncing that generated an error only occured on images that were edited before syncing to the cloud.  All my prior edits were lost during the reset, but at least I did not loose photos or have to delete and restore.  I believe this faulty behavior was introduced in a recent update because I have editing photos on the ipad before syncing in the past without this issue.  The key to getting the reset to work is forcing the edit sync by making another edit... this is a bug that should be fixed in future verisons.  reset should reset, period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing this too. It's incredibly frustrating and so much time has been wasted editing my photos only for them to have to be reset. If it happened once or twice, I'd get over it but this is happening every time I have to edit my photo batches and it's slowing down my workflow to the point where I feel like giving up on my work for a bit until it's fixed. Nightmare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 04/26/2024

Developers are working on a solution for the next app release. 

In the meantime, we have some workaround advice to share.  Making a minor edit should unblock sync.  Since this T20200124 error blocks editing in full-screen mode, one must apply edits via grid view via copy/paste.

Steps:

1.  APPLY A MINOR EDIT:  Open an image and nudge a mild edit setting like Texture or Grain to a setting of +1.  (We recommend trying a mild edit feature you rarely use to avoid changing existing edits as much as possible.)

2.  COPY THE EDIT:  While still in full-screen Edit view, tap the 3-dot menu.  Select Copy settings, and copy only the specific edit you made in Step 1.  Then, exit out to the thumbnail grid view.

3.  BATCH-PASTE THE EDIT:  Long-tap on a thumb to enter Selection mode, selecting the range of images you want.  Then tap Paste. 

Applying the mild edit should unblock sync for images that were affected by the T20200124 error.  Later, the original edit can be restored in the Edit Versions view. 

Update: 04/24/2024

The team continues investigating a fix for this issue for an upcoming release. Please watch this thread; it will be updated once we have additional information.

Until a fix is released, please allow import and Lightroom cloud sync to complete before editing the new images. This should help avoid new occurrences of the T20200124 error message.

4/8/2024: Converting post type from Discussion to Bug to reflect that the team is investigating this issue.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate