• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom installing failure on Mac OS Ventura (NL & PO Languages)

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried til help a friend with installing Lightroom on Mac OS Ventura. Creative Cloud was installed, and I used the button Install on Lightroom in the Creative Cloud app. The installation was performed, and reported Completed. Lightroom button changed to Open.
Clicked on Open, but nothing happened.
Wide search in Finder for the Lightroom app file, but it was not found on the entire disk.
Edit: As Lightroom is tested compatible with Ventura, this is probably related to the installer app or lack of priveleges. See my comment below.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

While we investigate you can attempt the following workaround:

Change the language of your Creative Cloud Desktop App to English

Install Lightroom Desktop 6.1

Revert to your Native Language

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

The Creative Cloud Desktop team has identified the issue and logged a bug for a fix in an upcoming release. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
77 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I made a second try to install Lightroom 6.0 cloudbased on Ventura, but first I granted write permission to the /tmp/ folder. I also checked the installation folder in the CC-app. That was correct, and other applications in the CC-app, like Bridge, was installed correctly.
The application is compatible, but will not install by running installer from inside or outside of the CC-app. This affects new customers and users the try reinstalling due to some issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, up

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have same problem - any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I think we have to wait for new Lightroom installer or some tips from experts

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same pb : I've donwloaded the Lightroom Installer.dmg but nothing start when I double-click on it.

I've restarted my MB AIR M1 on which Ventura is installed but it fails !

@Adobe : please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think installer is the problem. The app that was allready installed before upgrading to Ventura works perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right. I hade Ligthroom already installed on another mac. Just upgraded to Ventura, and LR worked fine. The problem was, and still is, on a mac (MacBook Air M2) where I did a clean installation with Ventura, and then downloaded Lightroom. Nothing happened when I clicked on the installer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is about Lightroom Desktop 6.0 released in October 2022.  There is an older program called Lightroom version 6.0 (eventually became Lightroom Classic and currently on version 12.0.1) that was released in 2015. The older Lightroom 6.0 uses a "Lightroom Installer.dmg" and will not install on Ventura.   

The newer version of Lightroom Desktop 6.0 does not install via a file but installs via the Creative Cloud App. 

To install LrD 6.0:

1. Install the Creative Cloud Desktop App
  2. Log in with your Adobe ID
  3. Locate the [Lr] icon from the list of programs and click the [install] button

If your question or issue is about the October 2022 release of Lightroom Desktop, please indicate step by step what is happening and include screenshots of any messages.

If your questiion or issue is about the 2015 Lightroom application, then you are posting in the wrong forum and need to go to: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/ct-p/ct-lightroom-classic?page=1&sort=latest_replie... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried install both avaible versions of lightroom desktop (6.0 and 5.x) via Creative Cloud Desktop app, doesn't work. Here are some details:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/lightroom-does-not-run-af...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and installed Creative cloud, looks like everything is in order, but when clicking on LR 6.0 in Creative Cloud, nothing happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically my Lightroom has disappeared from Applications folder (macOS Ventura, newest one). Creative Cloud has shown it as installed, but did nothing when I clicked Open. So I have uninstalled it, and installed again. It was installed in about 1 second which is obviously wrong, and it didn't even create Ligthroom folder or anything, it can't be opened, etc. I need it for work so please assist me asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also happens when I choose different version of Lightroom. Lightroom Classic on the other hand downloads & installs correctly.

When I launch Intel version (I use M1 Pro), it just shows that it can't find the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've reinstalled Creative Cloud, even used Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, but it didn't help. Lightroom still "installs" in 1 second. All other installations work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preferences and choose default language as English. Next try one more time to install lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some problems with some languages versions. Go to preferences and choose default language as English. Next try one more time to install lightroom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some problems with some languages versions. Go to preferences and choose default language as English. Next try one more time to install lightroom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and English language not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

International? Did you "uninstalled" lightroom before changing preferences? 

Maybe try uninstalling all CC use Creative Cloud Cleaner next reinstall cc app change preferences and next try to install lightroom english (international).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have macOS 13.1 after restore from backup due to disk failure. I was not able to start Lightroom so I removed it and installed it again. It shows as installed in Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App but it does not exist in Applications and I am not able to run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to install Lightroom Desktop 6.1 or Lightroom Classic 12.1? Can you show a screen capture of your Creative Cloud App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.1 - screen is attached to my first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I didn't see it before. 

What is the current installed version number of your Adobe Creative Cloud application? 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 7.57.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate