• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS Beta 25.4: Pen tool: Option/Alt shortcut key

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered some difficulties with the pen tool in Photoshop 25.4. Since the latest update, the pen tool does not work as it should. For instance, when I try to remove an anchor point, the convert point tool does not switch on automatically. Also, the eyedropper tool appear when i press ALT button. These problems are affecting my workflow and productivity. I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to resolve this error. Thank you for your time and attention.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

This issue was fixed. If you still have an issue similar to this please start a new thread and give the team the details.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
233 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you hold down the ALT button in pen mode, the color swatch dropper appears and it is not possible to adjust the guides. The screenshot does not show the dropper(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roman

Can you expand on your description please?

What tool are you using?   You mention Pen Mode, but I don't think you are referring to the Pen tool.  I can't match the behaviour you describe to the Brush tool either.

Tell us

The tool you are using?

Photoshop version?

Operating System version?

A full resolution screen shot of  your entire workspace showing document window, layers panel, Toolbar, would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 24.4.0

Windows 11

1.jpg

 The dropper is not shown in the screenshot. But it is where it should not be in pen mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the default pen tool. i'm having the same problem here and tried resetting both the tool and photoshop and it didn't solve the issue at all. 

and trying to expand the description as you asked: usually with the pen tool selected with some bezier curves on screen, while holding the alt key you can modify the direction handle (as shown in print screen #1). but now, when you press the alt key the cursor changes to the eye dropper tool. and i can't print screen that because the cursor isn't showing up when taking a print screen of photoshop (not happening in other softwares, only in photoshop).

nando1111_1-1702822683910.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 25.4, Windows 11.

Curvature Pen Tool - when ALT is pressed, the cursor turns into a dropper instead of forming a sharp corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, all is clear now, and I am seeing the same thing.  Holding down the Alt key while using the Pen tool results in the Eye Dropper tool (which is fully functional btw).  I'm only seeing this in 25.4  20231214.m.2433  Windows 11

CoryShubert

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pen tool, press Alt to change to straw tool, can't adjust anchor point!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with 25.4 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Beta 25.4.0 - updated today

Mac OS Monterey 12.6

Holding Option while using the pen tool shows the eyedropper tool instead of the usual > symbol to convert anchor point?!

I use the pen tool all the time so it is a big issue... Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days ago, after updating to the latest version of the Photoshop beta (25.4), I started encountering a problem with the pen tool.

Before this update, I could press and hold the 'Alt' key to individually manipulate a handle in the desired direction.

Now, when I hold 'Alt,' the software only displays the eyedropper tool instead of the usual icon for dragging handles.

I can still use the 'Command' key to adjust both handles simultaneously, which functions as expected. But the issue seems to be specific to the 'Alt' key functionality in the pen tool.

Picture shows how I was holding alt, but it shows the eyedropper tool. Besides the update I didn't change anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention I use Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah.  If you have a quick browse or the first few pages of this forum, you'll find several posts reporting the issue.  I can duplicate on Windows 11, but I am not sure if it is affecting Mac systems.  Adobe are aware, and I am sure will be working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today morning

i have updated Photoshop Beta 25.4.0 version,

now i can't select a curved object with pen tool, while i using pen tool for selecting a curved object i can't use "Alt" key if i press "Alt" Key suddenly showing Eyedropper tool. until yesterday it was working well,please check the video i have attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Перестал работать быстрый доступ к инструменту в момент работы с пером при нажатии клавиши Alt зачем-то выходит пипетка вместо инструмента "Угол"... Найти не могу, где это можно перенастроить.

Photopew_0-1702993997285.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cuando se usa la herramienta de pluma y se quiere acortar el bezier, siempre se lo hacía aplastando la tecla option y al hacerlo ahora aparece el seleccionador de color y no deja acortar los beziers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new Beta version 25.4, when clicking on the option key to control the Vector line, I get the loupe instead. I couldn't find an alternate key to thwart the line. I had to go back to the older version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm experiencing this same problem. I don't have a solution unfortunately, but I seem to have noticed there have been multiple iterations of Photoshop v25.4 and the most recent update of 25.4 appears to be what cause the bug to occur. I had been using 25.4 from its original release without problems and now I'm experiencing the same issue by extension, however we can't regress in increments. When reverting back to a previous version, which one did you choose? I recall having issues with 25.3's transform tools

Edit: I use both windows 10 and 11 and can confirm it does not work on both operating systems. If you're a Mac user, that makes 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right. I think there were two updates on consecutive days, I only noticed on the last update. I'm on Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on 25.3 now? Any troubles so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an issue with Macs, too.
omg wtf smh lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this Sarah, it's an annoying issue on Macs too and only in the Beta version from what I've found. I've even reset my prefs without any luck, lets hope it's resolved soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue with 25.4 for both Windows and Mac systems.  The Development Team are aware, and I am sure will be working on it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with 25.4 across Windows and Mac systems

Votes

Translate

Translate