• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ps 24.2 toolbar submenu goes off screen to my laptop (secondary) screen

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, After update Photoshop to 24.2 and PhotoShop is in the maximize screen mode my toolbar submenu go to my laptop screen. See the screen dump of my 2 screens the big is secondary 24 inch on the left my laptop screen.
In update 24.1.1 works fine. See screen capture of my screen after update to 24.2

Thanks and regards,

toolbar.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.4.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.4.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

We have reproduced the issue and have a possible workaround for you to try, but it involves running 3rd party software that's not in Adobe's control (Winaero Tweaker) so please do this at your own risk.  Using the Winaero Tweaker application, if you configure the window Border size and Border padding settings to their lowest values, you should find Photoshop not truncating so much at the edges.

Meanwhile, we're working to find a proper solution to the problem.

Thanks again!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
57 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this on test machines. Will let the team know.

Please upvote the thread from the top, not my comment/note.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific to Windows 11 22H2 and Photoshop 2023 (ps ver 24.2) the interface elements are too close to the screen edges and part of the bottom of the photoshop interface is cutoff.

Reset the photoshop 2023 preferences to no avail.

Compare photoshop 2022 with 2023 when the Photoshop Standard Screen Mode interface is maximized and note how close the Color Chips in the Tools panel are to the edge of the screen. On the right side of the screen note how close the the panel flyout menu buttons are to the edge of the screen. If one compares the bottom of the photoshop window you will see a bit of the screen is cut off.

Photoshop 2023 (ps ver 24.2)

screen resolution 1920 px x 1200 px

2023.png

Photoshop 2022 (ps ver 23.5.4)

2022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding, I can replicate the issue on Windows 11 with Photoshop 24.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know? I have not update 24.2 now on my computer setting back to 24.1.1 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor Nope, that's something we are looking at separately. This thread is about dual display & the other one is primarily extended UI elements on the first screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sameer K the reason why I mentioned that is because if you pull the toolbar away when working with a dual monitors the issue doesn't happen, hence the toolbar seems to be to close to the screen edge and may be related to the post I linked.

As you can see, the toolbar works fine if it's not docked to the side with dual monitors.

2023-03-02 20_36_47-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

This is the Photoshop interface with a maximised window

2023-03-02 21_07_08-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

and minimised

2023-03-02 21_05_52-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

There's a clear difference between the two, with a minimised window the toolbar works as it should with dual monitors, so in my opinion it is related.

2023-03-02 21_17_47-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your efforts to isolate what's causing the issue, Morfuud.

We've had some difficulty reproducing the issue but that may be due to system and monitor differences.  When I maximize Photoshop on my multi-monitor system it perfectly lines up left and right with the edges of the monitor.  Apparently that's not what is happening on your system - it appears it may be maximizing a little bit to the left of where it ought to be.

Do you have any atypical or non-standard settings in Windows for your desktop appearance that might affect, e.g. the hidden border sizes?  Possibly a desktop theme modifying package?

Do any other applications on your system maximize so that they appear squeezed at their left edges?

Thanks again for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noel.Carboni the issue seems to be related to Windows 11, I have no issue on my work PC with Windows 10 using dual monitors.

I've seen other threads with the same issue and as far as I recall they are running Windows 11 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noel.Carboni I can confirm it's a Windows 11 issue, I re-imaged my home PC with a Windows 10 image that I had and everything works as expected with dual monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ged.  Apologies for mixing you up with Morfuud before.
We're digging into it.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries Noel 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In update 24.1.1 works fine. See screen capture of my screen after update to 24.2I don't have this problem with any other programs, not even lightroom, just PhotoShop Update 24.2, The screen resolution is set to recommended.
Also tested with my friend has the same problem. And it also works fine with 24.1.1

Thanks and regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have reproduced the issue and have a possible workaround for you to try, but it involves running 3rd party software that's not in Adobe's control (Winaero Tweaker) so please do this at your own risk.  Using the Winaero Tweaker application, if you configure the window Border size and Border padding settings to their lowest values, you should find Photoshop not truncating so much at the edges.

Meanwhile, we're working to find a proper solution to the problem.

Thanks again!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. For me the workaround is not to run Photoshop maximized.  If I Just size it to almost fit the screen it works fine.  I lose a little screen space but i can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this is also the best solution at the moment. 
I have updated everything. 
No program has this problem for me.
PhotoShop Update 24.2 I think is really the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do the same as Jimberb,

@Jimerb I'm having the same issue. For me the workaround is not to run Photoshop maximized. If I Just size it to almost fit the screen it works fine. I lose a little screen space but i can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue for a while on Windows 10  where the bottom on my screen on my second monitor gets cut off.  I am using dual monitors, one monitor is for Photoshop and all the menu's,  the other is just to display my image full size. FWIW I run the Windows task bar on the bottom of my screen in Auto hide mode.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1) Launch Photoshop on Secondary monitor

2) Open a file. On my machine it opens on the Secondary monitor.  Drag the window to the other monitor and make it full screen. (I double click on the top of the window bar). At this point everything looks good. I see my Zoom percentage, profile and scroll bar at the bottom of my screen.

3) Add a new layer.  As soon as the new layer is added, the bottom part of the screen moves down and now clips off the Zoom percentage, prfoile and scroll bar. i can temporarily fix it my un-maximizing the window and maximizing it by double clicking the top of the window.  Anytime I add a layer, dupe a layer or even zoom, the problem comes back.

4) FWIW if I move the window to the other display, it does the same thing.

What I have tried to fix the problem:

1) Reset all Photoshop preferences, rebooted, problem still exists.

2) Disabled Graphics processor in PS preferences, rebooted, problem still exists

3) Tried changing task bar to auto hide and not auto hide, rebooted, problem still exists

4) Tried changing all of the settings on the Preferences/Workspace, problem still exists.

My System Specs:

1) Windows 10 version 21H2 Build 19044.2604, 32 GB RAM

2) Photoshop Version 24.2.0

3) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 ti Version 528.49 (latest as of 3/5/2022)

4) Wacom Intuos Pro Driver version 6.3.46-1

Any help would be appreciated!

-Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue as of the latest PS update [v24.2]. It's simple enough to employ the suggested work around(s) but I've also noticed that UI elements on the bottom edge of the main window (zoom percentage, canvas dimensions, ect) are also not being properly constrained to the bounds of the monitor while PS's main window is maximized.

I've been using FancyZones from Microsoft's PowerToys utilities collection to make a custom 1920x1080 space for my PS window to snap into and it works like a charm. Undocking your tools panel or docking it anywhere except for that left edge lets you see the tool tips and drop downs while still being able to maximize the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to install any other software to fix the error in Photoshop update 24.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop latest version this week I can no longer use my Cintiq Stylus to use the Dodge/Burn tool options. This appears offscreen. This wasn't a problem before the update. Now I have to use a mouse just to select what I want.

Brilliant.PhotoshopError_03_03_2023.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bink58 assuming you're on Windows 11 and Photoshop version 24.2, it's a known issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I'm glad it's a known issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up for my fellow Win 11 multi-monitor users:
Bug is still persistant in 24.2.1 so don't worry about upgrading if that's the fix you are waiting on.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it will be solved with the update to 24.2.1 but this is not the case. 
The tool menu still goes to my laptop in maximum screen mode. 
But the problem is not solved for me?
See screen capture:
Naamloos-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate