• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Saving Adobe pdf presets missing in photoshop

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to PS 25.6.0, the presets for saving PDFs are gone. Is this a known bug? How can I get them back?

Photoshop 25.6.0

Mac OS Ventura 13.6.5

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Adobe has released Photoshop 25.7, which contains a fix for this issue. Please install the update from your Creative Cloud App. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

If you continue to see the problem after updating Photoshop, please respond in this thread. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
63 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i see this on macOS Sonoma 14.4 with Photoshop 2024 (ps ver 25.6)

On Windows 10 with Photoshop 2024 (ps ver 25.6) the PDF Presets are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m seeing this too, on Photoshop 25.6.0 and macOS Ventura 13.6.5.

I checked Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, and they list all presets.

So:

InDesign and Illustrator display built-in and user-created PDF presets.

Photoshop displays user-created PDF presets only, the built-in PDF presets are missing.

If you see no PDF presets in Photoshop, that probably means you haven’t created your own since those do show up.

No idea how to fix this yet. It looks like Photoshop is able to see PDF presets in the user Library folder but not in the macOS root level Library folder. Sometimes that suggests a permissions problem so I checked the settings for macOS Full Disk Access permissions. But that is enabled for Photoshop, so those permissions do not appear to be the problem, at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visit the Adobe Photoshop Help Center (https://helpx.adobe.com/support/photoshop.html) to check for missing PDF presets in this upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the presets from the /Library folder to ~/Library and they show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after the latest PS update, I can't save the PDF like high-quality print anymore. There used to be a preset option but is gone. Any way I can activate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to File > Save AS > PDF & hit Save button, what do you see in the PDF Preset drop-down list?

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I used to see everything that is on your screenshot,  but now I see only my two custom presets (from the last version before the update and Adobe PDF preset 1 (probably my old custom preset also - not sure)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a real problem that others have reported, and I have seen myself:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/saving-adobe-pdf-presets-missing-in-p...

It looks like a problem with Photoshop specifically, because:

• The built-in Adobe PDF presets files are actually still present in the same folder that they always are, Photoshop is just not reading them. 
  • Other Adobe apps, such as InDesign and Illustrator, still list the same built-in Adobe PDF presets. Only Photoshop is failing.
  • This problem is only affecting built-in presets, because if you create your own…those still show up. (User PDF presets are stored in a different folder inside the user account folder, while the default PDF presets are stored in a system-level folder.) 

This may be a Mac-only problem.

I have sent a bug report to Adobe, and maybe I am not the only one who has, but it is not clear when it might get fixed. Watch the next updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try to use some older version in the meantime because I need this for my work daily. Hopefully, the bug fix is coming soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I see. The PDF folder is missing in 2024. So I just went to the Library folder and copied it using Option  + drag on my trackpad from 2023 to 2024 and my Photoshop PDF presets are back. Exact location is on the bottom of the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 4.16.43 AM.png

For some, the Library folder is hidden by default.

Unhide Mac files:

Open Terminal copy/paste the below command:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles true       and use “false” to revert.

Don’t forget to Relaunch the Finder by pressing option on the Finder Dock menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried to navigate through the library and I have different folders there. No PDF folders in PS 2023 not even in the Presets sub-folder, but there is another PDF folder that includes only my custom presets. I tried Illustrator and everything is ok there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two Library folders. One is the "root" next to the hard drive or SSD and the other is the Users Library which contains the presets in your screenshot.

Root: This one has the (Photoshop) PDF  folder, unless you uninstalled it. Then you would look for it in a version you did not remove.

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 9.47.37 AM.png

Users: That resembles the screenshot you showed me, although I can't see the exact path. You won't find your PDF presets there.

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 9.47.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, It works!  Thanks for explaining everything. This time I went to the Computer Library and just copied the PDF folder from PS 2019 and pasted it to PS 2024. Restart the PS and the presets are there.  I Can't thank you enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. I try to keep things concise.

It takes some work when "you don't know what they don't know."

Hope the rest of your day is easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/can-t-save-the-pdf-like-high-quality-...

Short answer:  The PDF folder is missing in 2024. So I just went to the root Library folder and copied it using Option + drag on my trackpad from 2023 to 2024 and my Photoshop PDF presets are back. Exact location is on the bottom of the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 4.16.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I only have an Adobe Photoshop 2004 folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Time Machine and was able to add that PDF folder back in there. Thanks for getting me there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this by copying the /Library presets to ~/Library (from the "all users" Library to the user Library.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you were not missing the PDF folder as in my case, your User account was not picking up the already existing folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the "Adobe PDF" folder.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I don't why the update didn't install the PDF folder, but in my case it doesn't hurt anything.

I have Time Machine and do regular backups, it somehow escaped me that I could have gotten the previous Photoshop PDF folder too. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I managed to fix it.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don;t have them either and I don't have the 2023 file to copy them from... what do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate