• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Type tool keeps resetting back to Myriad Pro 12pt

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Photoshop automatically go back to the default font (Myriad Pro 12pt) after I change to a different font and enter my text? I am trying to label a map for a client, and after every single label, I am having to reset the font to what I am actually using instead of the default. In 20+ years, I have never had this happen before. 

Here's my typical workflow: select TYPE tool > select desired font, size, color, etc > click on map > enter text > ENTER or ESC to commit > select TYPE tool > click on map to enter more text > repeat until project is finished

Here's what's actually happening now > select TYPE tool > select desired font, size, color, etc > click on map > look at CHARACTER panel to see that font is now Myriad Pro 12pt black > yell at Photoshop > change the font back to what it's supposed to be > enter text > ESC to commit > repeat 

Why is it constantly resetting? I've tried all sorts of different fonts, but it keeps going back to Myriad Pro.. Is it just me?

I am using PS 24.4.0 on Windows 11 Pro

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cmjr98 Thank you for reporting the issue. Sorry for the pain introduced by this issue. Engineering is working on the fix.

In the meantime, as a workaround, please set the placeholder text on at Preferences > Type > "Fill new type layers with placeholder text." With this setting, font attributes are preserved. When you create new type layer, the placeholder text "Lorem ipusm..." is entered and selected. So, you just start typing. It will overwrite the placeholder text. Please try. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cmjr98 the team will look into this as @ktaki mentioned.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to PS v24.4.1 on a Windows 10 machine, when adding text, my font size immediately changes to Myriad Pro 12px.

I can change the font type and size to whatever I want in the font and size menu fields , but as soon as I try to draw the Horizontal Type box, the font changes back to Myriad Pro 12px. This wasn't an issue before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check "Preferences / Type / Fill new type layers with placeholder text" and you'll never go back to Myriad.

If the sample text bothers you, hit the delete key when you start typing the text, then start typing.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tom23196546a69f 

I've moved your post to the primary thread. Adobe staff is aware of this issue and engineering is working on a fix.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some unknown reason, recently, Windows10/Photoshop 24.4.0 has started malfunctioning when I attempt to select/use fonts in my images.

When I select a font to use, click on the image with the font tool, regardless of which font I select, Photoshop overrides that selection with Myriad Pro 12pt. I know that this is meant to happen if there is a missing font which needs to be replaced, but none of the fonts are missing, and if I then reselect the font I want, it works fine. Also, when I select "Manage Missing Fonts" in the "Type" drop-down menu, no dialogue box appears.

I've had numerous problems with fonts before, but this is a new one I've not encountered previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 24.4.1 Win10 (latest version) - Adding text, Myriad Pro/Regular/12pt, is auto selected in options bar. Changing to somethings else works OK, but next time adding text, the previuos settings are lost & replaced with Myriad Pro/Regular/12pt.

Hoping this can be fixed quickly ... it's driving me bonkas! LOL

Cheers

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garydingle 

Adobe is aware of this bug and is investigating.

The workaround in the interim is to enable placeholder text in Preferences > Type > "Fill new type layers with placeholder text" to preserve the text formatting. The  "Lorem ipsum..." text is selected when you click or drag with the Type tool, so ignore it and just start typing to replace it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem Macbook Air M1. It is a major problem for me, as I am a teacher and use Photoshop constantly to illustrate vocabulary with pictures and also to post student work with text and images. Please fix as soon as possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@csjwolfenewfkid 

The interim work-around until Adobe fixes this is to enable placeholder text in Preferences > Type > "Fill new type layers with placeholder text". Have you done that? 

The placeholder text is selected and preserves the formatting. Just start typing to replace the selected text.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! 

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop and when I select a Font, define its color and size and I click on the layer to generate the textfield it jumps back to Myriad 12 Black every time. Meaning that I can't select Font Style etc. apriori but also have to retrospectively edit the textfield which is extremely annoying because I use it to ennumerate markings in the picture. 

I already tried to generate several saved presets, but also when I select those, as soon as I click to generate the textfield it jumps back to Myriad. 

What is going on there ? Any ideas on how to solve it ? 

Thank you and best regards  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team has a fix for this issue and should be in the next build.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the 24.4.1 update, the font defaults to Myriad Pro and the ink color defaults to black after each text layer so I have to manually change both. Any suggestions for a fix?  (Using Windows 11)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the same font, cpolour and text size (Arial, Bold, 60pt, yellow) for every edit.  But lately I have started to have an issue. When i select text these options are there automatically, but the moment I click on the image to start entering the text it changes font, size and colour (Myriad Pro, Regular, 12pt, black).  The moment I click on the colour and change it back to the yellow I normally have it changes all the other settings back to my regular font.

Is anyone else having this issue, or know of something I have done to make this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kimp43562527 This will be fixed in the next release.

As a workaround, set the placeholder text on at Preferences > Type > "Fill new type layers with placeholder text." With this setting, font attributes are preserved. When you create new type layer, the placeholder text "Lorem ipusm..." is entered and selected. So, you just start typing. It will overwrite the placeholder text. Please try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I uninstalled 14.4.4, but if I reinstall before the next update,
I'll give your suggestion a try.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for reporting this. I have the SAME issue and it really makes working in Photoshop right now like 5 times slower than it should be. Unreal that such a bug is even allowed and the fix is taking such a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Katre Suits Please try the workaround mentioned above. Your "5 times slower" experience should be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! You're a lifesaver. I thought I was going insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 24.4.1 version,

Text tool can not remember the last font and color settings,
each time you use it, it will reset to the default value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of the design community, I beg you ... PLEASE STOP CHANGING THINGS. Every time you guys put out a bunch of "new changes" you completely bork the program and destroy people's workflow. Photoshop is fine! Leave it alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sethhendrix wrote

Please stop changing things. ... Photoshop is fine! Leave it alone!

This is not a change, Seth, it's a bug that affects a few users, and Adobe has said they will release a fix. There are only 12 upvotes as of today. In the interim, read the thread and use the workaround that has been stated so that you can continue working efficiently.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My note was a general note. And changes are what introduce most bugs. Regardless of whether this is a random bug or related to recent changes that have been made, it's an ongoing issue that Adobe can't just leave well-enough alone. But thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to v24.4.1 13 day ago, but Adobe continues to switch back to the Myriad 12 pt font.  This problem has not been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate