• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Update to access generative AI - Pop up appearing every few minutes older versions of Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving a pop up entitled "Update to access generative AI" that appears about 15 seconds after I first start Photoshop and a seemingly random interval of minutes thereafter. The first pop up will appear with or without my interaction, but the Photoshop window must be active. Intervals average about five minutes, and the shortest was 3 minutes and 6 seconds. The longest was about a half hour when I was multitasking with other programs.

Pressing the X only temporarily dismisses the pop up. Clicking on it causes the pop up to stutter for a moment before simply disappearing for another few minutes. It will also go away on its own after a few seconds before eventually returning.

I'm using Photoshop 24.3.0 20230316.r.376 37b4b38 x64 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

I have tried:

-Turning off Rich Tooltips

-Resetting preferences

-Uninstalling and Reinstalling the same Photoshop version

-Upgrading to Photoshop 24.4.1 and downgrading to Photoshop 24.2.1

The only thing that worked was downgrading to an older version of Photoshop that I still keep on my computer (22.2), but my preference is to return to Photoshop 24.3 if at all possible.

Any insight is appreciated.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

I've shared this with the team to review. We're collecting reports about this specific in-app notification. 

Please upvote this post from the top if you see it, too. 

Thanks!
Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused and thank you for your responses. We have addressed the repetitive notification issue and have implemented a solution. This will take effect tonight April 11. You may continue to see this issue today but please let us know if you continue to experience this tomorrow after 3aPT.

Votes

Translate

Translate
33 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me a very high number of users are plagued by this unnecessary disruption, whether this or the full video tutorial in the newer versions. I'm not for now, but apparently this starts out of the blue.

So Adobe, if anyone's reading this - please release an update where this popup is entirely disabled and removed. Feel free to come back with it when you are certain it behaves correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, while I didn't find anything for this specific pop up, I did see those other threads about the tutorial error. It does make me wonder if they're all connected somehow since they both appear on launch. Though the name for my computer doesn't have any special characters which appeared to be the culprit last time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just remembered that this error did not start when I first launched Photoshop yesterday, It was about an hour into a session, and the pop up appeared at 9:42 UTC according to my time management software. I was using Photoshop's Timeline feature for frame animation, but whether Timeline is in use or not doesn't appear to affect anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pbjam69199093 The issue was resolved in newer versions of PS - however as you noted the root cause for pop ups showing or tutorials reappearing was tracked back to Windows user IDs with non-western characters (accents, special characters, etc). Not sure there is a solution for this other than upgrading your PS to 25.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it wasn't resolved. People are getting this in the latest version too.

What's uncertain, is how directly this older-version popup is connected to the full video tutorial that comes up in the new version. I have a hunch they are connected, and possibly triggered from the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct 25.4-5 worked and 25.6 brought it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As of a few days ago this pop up continously appears every 10 minutes or so in the top right hand corner of my photoshop. How can I remove this without updating to the latest version - I am happy with the current iteration of the software I am using - where is the setting to remove this pop up??

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've shared this with the team to review. We're collecting reports about this specific in-app notification. 

Please upvote this post from the top if you see it, too. 

Thanks!
Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sameer K Thanks for looking into it. Hopefully there's a quick way to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking! @Ged_Traynor please check my direct message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do get rid of, Update to access generative Ai, pop up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I merged your thread with the main discussion on the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think "in-app notifications" are necessary or a good idea in professional software. 

There's the CC app for that kind of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused and thank you for your responses. We have addressed the repetitive notification issue and have implemented a solution. This will take effect tonight April 11. You may continue to see this issue today but please let us know if you continue to experience this tomorrow after 3aPT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow up! I'll go back to 24.3 tomorrow and see if it works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still seeing the popup today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I am still getting the constant pop up.
D

--
Dan Kuenster
Creative Director
214 724 5954

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been drawing on 24.3 for about five hours now and haven't encountered the pop up yet. I did have to reinstall 24.3 since I removed it during all my troubleshooting the other day, though. It might be worth it to try un/reinstalling for anyone still seeing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at my wit's end with this. This issue started either yesterday or the day before. I am constantly being nagged to update to the latest version of Adobe Photoshop to access genAI tools. The update bubble pops up every 10 minutes or so and it's incredibly intrusive and distracting.

I've tried various proposed solutions (from unchecking "Rich Tool Tips" in Photoshop's preferences to turning off "auto-update" in Creative Cloud's preferences) and nothing seems to work. Obviously, I could update and that would probably fix my issue except A. I'm not in a position to update Photoshop at this time and B. I don't even want these features.

I've been paying for Adobe software since CS4 and a bug (feature?) that's this intrusive is frankly unacceptable from software that is supposed to be industry standard.

davidl66653657_0-1712947943517.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pop-up is still appearing, this time it waited 35 minutes from launching Photoshop before harrassing me with really small intervals (maybe a minute of two for the most extreme).
I don't feel like updating now, i'm in the middle of a project. This thing is just so disruptive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 4/16 this issue is still happening. This is incredibly disruptive. I'm not planning on updating in the middle of a busy project - if anything this is making me not want to ever update. Please advise how to turn this off without updating Photoshop. And Adobe, please stop with the incessant nagging about using AI on all of us artists and photographers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still happening 

Votes

Translate

Translate