• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Pen Pressure not working with Huion devices with Photoshop v 25.0 & above

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that with the arrival of the new update for 2024, the pen pressure has stopped working and even in general the program is quite laggy, when you make a stroke or use the lasso tool for a short period of time it freezes and does not let you continue, hindering the workflow, I am using a Huion Kamvas 13 and the pen pressure works with any other program like Clip Studio, Krita even works in Illustrator.
But I can't get it to work again in Photoshop.
Searching for solutions in forums and videos I HAVE TRIED THE FOLLOWING METHODS:

-Have the pen pressure checkbox active in the brush settings.
-Verify that the Window Ink checkbox is active from the Huion driver.
-Even try with the famous text file "# Use WinTab UseSystemStylus 0".

None of this has solved my problem, I honestly can't say in which update specifically I noticed this error, but I know it was from this year's update.

I am a bit frustrated as I have not been able to work properly and I need to resolve it.

Thanks

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Thanks for the inputs. I've shared this with the team. 

Please add your vote from the top of the thread. 

Thanks!

Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please help me?

I'm having this trouble for some time now. Pen pressure would just stop working everytime I'd restart my PC. I would resolve this by reinstalling the tablet's drivers, but this isn't working anymore. I have already reinstalled both photoshop and huion's drivers, but pen pressure is still not working.

Also, there's this exclamation point notification on the brush settings.

rafaelm49852066_0-1707865110900.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @rafaelm49852066. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll need more specific info about this, and I'll help you figure this out. Please share the system info from Photoshop Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload & attach here.

I've done some research & there are multiple conversations in other (non-adobe) communities that started around the time you've posted that report similar behavior with Huion devices working with Adobe & non-Adobe apps too. 

For now, you can try disabling WindowsInk from the Huion Driver software & create a config file for Photoshop following the steps shared here: https://adobe.ly/3P1qoZA

Let me know how it goes. Thanks! 
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been going through the same issue for about 3 weeks now and I haven't been able to fix it either. I even tried reinstalling previous versions of Photoshop, making sure all drivers are up-to-date, using different drawing tablets (Huion Inspiroy H1060p and Huion HS64) and though the tablets work with different programs, pressure sensitivity doesn't work in Photoshop.

It has been very frustrating to deal with and if anyone can find a solution, please let us know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues, I have made a file for Photoshop called "PSUserConfig.txt", turned Windows ink on and off for my Kamvas 20 and even reinstalled Photoshop / restarted my PC numerous times. I hope this gets addressed or updated, as I just got my subscription and I'm thinking of canceling if I cannot use my stylus. 

I've attached as you have asked of the other person, as I'm having the same issue with the error signs and no pressure, hopefully we can get a temporarily solution at the least until it's resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you had any update on this problem?
I find it interesting that 90% of the utility I was getting out of this program has gone with the pen pressure and adobe is not really interested in providing a solution.
My work depends on it and it doesn't even work properly.
I will try as a last resort to format my computer in hopes that it will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all. I went here seeing as someone replied to you and I have yet to be replied to, unfortunately. Hoping for something or I'll probably ask for a refund soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the inputs. I've shared this with the team. 

Please add your vote from the top of the thread. 

Thanks!

Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna say, the steps here shared by Sameer K helped me, hopefully, they help you. I was very frustrated and this is a temporary solution like they all are so hopefully, someone makes an update (whether that be on PS or Huion's part) to fix this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/huion/comments/1aqmhel/to_those_who_are_currently_experiencing_freezes/?sha...

So sorry! I posted twice and the wrong link. I am so out of it today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been ahving issues where photoshop 2024 isn't working with pen pressure anymore. I've tried using the PSConfig txt file in the photoshop settings as well as disabling and re enabling windows ink in the Huion settings under the digital pen settings. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Huion's driver to see if that would work as well but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone else come up with a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just got a Huion Pro 19 and having this issue with all adobe products, Photoshop and Animate especially. Pen strokes not registering on screen, lag etc. I've tried other drawing software such as Krita which work fine, and updating latest drivers hasn't resolved it. And on this tablet there isnt the option to 'disable windows ink'. Any help appreciated. I bought the tablet soley to use with Animate and so its currently a waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate