• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Corrupting Files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello has anybody faced this issue, somehow during my work photoshop just hangs then corrupts the file im working on.

1. All layers get some funny pattern as shown in the screenshot

2. All the open files also get corrupted with the same pattern

3. none is recoverable

Its really annoying after doing a composition for 5 hours (first corrupted file), the current screenshot has like 6 peices on the same artboard, im really stressed.

Someone kindly help with a solution or fix. Thanks in advance

Current machine

Dell Vostro 14-5459

8GB RAM

Geforce 930MX

1.jpg2.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel_RNSD First - where are you saving your files?

Second your 930MX does not meet current Photoshop Requirements. You may be seeing GPU render issues, not corruption. Try turining off the GPU in Preferences/performance - does it resolve the rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a more powerful computer with more RAM and plenty of spare hard disk capacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files im currently working on are saved on the desktop, let me try turning off the GPU though i did notice when i do, i cant use Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel_RNSD turning off the GPU is not a permanent fix - but it will tell us if your files are truly corrupted or just rendering errors due to the limited GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyeri turned off the GPU and files stil look the same, shared the file with a friend with a 2021 mac m1 chip and file is still messed up. For the mean time i have rolled back to PS 2021, cause i have some crazy deadlines to meet.

Thanks for your response and im happy to discuss further incase of any inquiry into this issue and i hope Adobe sorts it out in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Daniel_RNSD to be clear - this isn't a software issue per se or we'd have multiple reports of this happening. It's something specific with your setup. I would still upgrade your GPU to something compatible - not ruling out that it is causing the corruptions especially if saving local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines