• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Liquify Filter stops working after 450-500 uses within a Photoshop session (PS 24.2.0 and higher)

Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 I am tagging you since you were involved the last 2 times I reported this same bug in the past... and you were very helpful those times 🙂  So I'm hoping that you can direct this bug to the proper people.

This issue is a pretty major issue for me (and my plugin users) as it is affecting all of my plugin users who are running Windows (I'm a plugin developer). This issue is with Photoshop itself, but is affecting my plugins.

Note: I also reported this bug in the pre-release group since it is happening on the pre-release beta 24.3.0 version as well. However, since this is happening on the current public release, I am posting here too. Since there are multiple places to post bugs, I’m not sure which is the proper place to post to ensure it is seen by the right person at Adobe. Therefore, I’m just posting in both locations.

I have reported this twice in the past and Adobe has fixed it each time. Now it is back again for a 3rd time.

This bug is inside of the Liquify filter itself and can be repeated in Photoshop itself without using any of my plugins. However, since I have 3 plugins that use the Liquify tool in high volume batch processing, those plugins are also affected by this issue. My plugins are used by hundreds of professional photographers in the high volume school and sports photography industry. Most of the users are batch processing 1000s of images at a time. So all of my plugin users who run on Windows are affected by this.

This problem has popped back up in 24.2.0 (also in 24.3.0) but was fixed twice in the past by Adobe.

See Bug ID – PS-80451. This was the old bug ID when when it was last reported and fixed in CC 2022. Hopefully that will give insight for what needs done to fix this again.

It was also reported in CC 2020 and fixed in 21.1.1.

So the re-occurrence in 24.2.0 is the 3rd time this has reappeared.

Also, I created new Bug ID – PS-105403 which is the bug ID for this same bug in the pre-release group as this is happening on both the production 24.2.0/1 releases and the 24.3.0 beta release.

Issue:
The Liquify tool stops working after 450-500 uses within a given Photoshop session.

Photoshop versions: 24.2.0, 24.2.1, and 24.3.0 (latest pre-release 20230228.m.2087)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an action that runs Liquify. I use Face Aware Liquify.
2. Batch process the action for a folder of 525 images using Image Processor script. Liquify will stop working between 450-500 images. I have tested many Windows machines and it has happened on every system I have tested, every time. None of the systems could repeat the bug in 24.1.1.

See the video from this link where I show how to reproduce it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShJZq54RzPQ

Expected result:
Liquify should not stop working

Actual result:
Liquify stops working after 450-500 uses within a photoshop session on Windows. It is very repeatable
See the video from the link above

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.3. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
34 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very active user of Damon's plug-ins and this is a huge issue for us. We run batches of thousands of images through these tools to generate images for our clients. We kick off these jobs with well over 1000 image creations at a time and typically run them unattended overnight. We expect them to run fine. Having to babysit these and reset photoshop every few hundred images is having an impact on our business. I have to run a batch of over 2000 today and I was forced to downgrade my Photoshop version to do that is not acceptable. Please prioritize this fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Damon's Photoshop plugins on a regular basis and while this may only be an issue that affects a small percentage of Photoshop users, it is a very large percentage of those who use his plugins. As a business, we are able to take on more work because his plugins allow us to automate some of it so you can understand how having to babysit the automation process has a negative impact on our workflow. You have a fabulous product, thank you for always working to improve it for us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crossing my fingers that this can be resolved soon.  We use Damon's plug-in daily and this bug is impacting our workflow quite a bit.  We appreciate the hard work you all put into making our workflow run smoothly and efficiently.  Can't wait to get back on track!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Damon D Bell will pass this on to the team to investigate.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Cory 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am dealing with this same issue.  I routinely have batchs of well over 500 images to process, before I rolled back to a previous version of Photoshop, the software would freeze up somewhere around image 450.....which is really causing issues with my workflow.   What used to happen over night all by itself, now requires babysitting Photoshop.    And time is money.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company uses Damon;s products on a daily basis, and routinenly run batches of 500 plus images. Hoping this can be resolved as it is having a negative effect on our workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am a active user of Damon's programs and just seen this post and glad I did I am having the very issue as described.. hope there is a fix, busy time of the year and 100%count on this working correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also a user of this and the issue has potential to disrupt business and reduce our ability to make a living with Photoshop. 500+ photos in a batch is a regular occurence in our workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert 

Thanks for the follow up. If any of the Adobe engineers have any questions or want me to show them any specifics from my troubleshooting then let me know. I can let Adobe log into my test computers if needed and go over anything with the engineers.  This bug is my company's #1 priority right now as it is affecting all of our Windows users. So I can set aside any time and resources necessary to help with it.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting about this!

I had to roll my PS back yesterday because since the upgrade it has been giving me fits! We use this automation 3-4 times a week and having to restart and babysit it is not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I utilize Damon's plug ins as well and an having the same issue with the filter crashing around 450 uses. Hopefully we get a quick resolution as it's affecting my workflow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This affects our work flow. I hope this can be resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I use Damon's plug ins for my sports teams. This issue with the plug in will cause problems with my workflow. I am hoping the problem will be fixed soon! Photoshop CC is an excellent product. Thank you for listening to us for fixes and improvements!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please take a look at and fix this bug as soon as possible. I am a volume photographer and this bug effects every aspect of my volume business. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Damon's plugins extensively and this big has added hours, if not a full day, to to my photography workflow 

@J453 I am tagging you since you were involved the last 2 times I reported this same bug in the past... and you were very helpful those times 🙂  So I'm hoping that you can direct this bug to the proper people.

This issue is a pretty major issue for me (and my plugin users) as it is affecting all of my plugin users who are running Windows (I'm a plugin developer). This issue is with Photoshop itself, but is affecting my plugins.

Note: I also reported this bug in the pre-release group since it is happening on the pre-release beta 24.3.0 version as well. However, since this is happening on the current public release, I am posting here too. Since there are multiple places to post bugs, I’m not sure which is the proper place to post to ensure it is seen by the right person at Adobe. Therefore, I’m just posting in both locations.

I have reported this twice in the past and Adobe has fixed it each time. Now it is back again for a 3rd time.

This bug is inside of the Liquify filter itself and can be repeated in Photoshop itself without using any of my plugins. However, since I have 3 plugins that use the Liquify tool in high volume batch processing, those plugins are also affected by this issue. My plugins are used by hundreds of professional photographers in the high volume school and sports photography industry. Most of the users are batch processing 1000s of images at a time. So all of my plugin users who run on Windows are affected by this.

This problem has popped back up in 24.2.0 (also in 24.3.0) but was fixed twice in the past by Adobe.

See Bug ID – PS-80451. This was the old bug ID when when it was last reported and fixed in CC 2022. Hopefully that will give insight for what needs done to fix this again.

It was also reported in CC 2020 and fixed in 21.1.1.

So the re-occurrence in 24.2.0 is the 3rd time this has reappeared.

Also, I created new Bug ID – PS-105403 which is the bug ID for this same bug in the pre-release group as this is happening on both the production 24.2.0/1 releases and the 24.3.0 beta release.

Issue:
The Liquify tool stops working after 450-500 uses within a given Photoshop session.

Photoshop versions: 24.2.0, 24.2.1, and 24.3.0 (latest pre-release 20230228.m.2087)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an action that runs Liquify. I use Face Aware Liquify.
2. Batch process the action for a folder of 525 images using Image Processor script. Liquify will stop working between 450-500 images. I have tested many Windows machines and it has happened on every system I have tested, every time. None of the systems could repeat the bug in 24.1.1.

See the video from this link where I show how to reproduce it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShJZq54RzPQ

Expected result:
Liquify should not stop working

Actual result:
Liquify stops working after 450-500 uses within a photoshop session on Windows. It is very repeatable
See the video from the link above

By @Damon D Bell

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is affecting my workflow. I hope the good people at Adobe can resolve this serious bug.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look into this to keep the plug-in that I'm using workable.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am in this boat. This is effecting my workflow. I look forward to the fix. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also use Pixnub to run our buisness and the bug created a huge slowdown in our process the past 2 weeks. We lost a couple of days work due to this bug. Pixnub allows us to do volume work and I personally can't imagine offering this work without it. We run thousands of images with the help of Pixnub. Adobe please help get this fixed so we can update Photoshop and continue our business moving forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This liquify issue is causing roadblocks for me as well. Thank you for looking into this. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow uses batches of thousands of images that I need to process this time of year on a daily basis.  Hope this can be fixed again.  Breaking it into smaller batches of 400-500 is tough this time of year when I shoot each day and need to batch the images overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rely heavily on Damon’s plugin to batch process 1000’s of images during the peak period. This bug will affect my workflow and productivity. I hope you can look into this and find a solution quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also am a very active user of this plug-in and associated tools.  The best part about them is they rely on "CORE" adobe functionality.  It's super disspointing that this issue has been encountered at least 3 times in recent update history.  I would expect repeat issues like this would resonate better with Adobe.  Please fix this issue and better yet, find some way to flag it in future testing before new releases comeout.  Photoshop is not only a personal editing tool, it's used by countless business users in support of their business models.  Please review repeat incidents like this to avoid in future.  Anything you can do to turn this around rapidly would be appreciated.  Thanks Damon for posting the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Wanted to update the thread and let you all know a fix is in the works and should be available in a future build. Please let us know when the next update is pushed if you continue to see this issue or if it is fixed for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate