• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low-level exception occurred in: lvcod64.dll (GetAVICodecs)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest beta build of premiere pro, every time I open the software I notice the red triangle exclamation point in the lower right. Upon clicking on it It takes me to the events tab and I see the

[current date/time] A low-level exception occurred in: lvcod64.dll (GetAVICodecs)"

VERSION    23.5.0 BETA (Build 15)

OS                Windows 11

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Open Premiere Pro

EXPECTED RESULTS

Not to have the exception error.

ACTUAL RESULTS

Get the exception error

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started hitting this after updating to Premiere Pro 23.4.0 (build 56) yesterday, so whatever problem was in the beta now seems to be in the main build. Web searching indicates people had a similar problem in the past related to Logitech drivers which was later solved by an Premiere Pro update. I haven't yet tried all the possible workarounds mentioned in relation to the old issue. Maybe a recent change reintroduced this old problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I'm not currently relying on the Logitech webcam software, I moved the lvcod64.dll file from C:\Windows\System32 to my desktop, and the problem went away. I'm not even sure why I had that file, because the Logitech webcam software does not show up as installed under "add/remove programs". Probably some cruft left behind by Logitech. If you do need that file, then you may have to temporarily downgrade to an older version of PR until they are able to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  This seems to have worked.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that solution doesn't work for me as I use Logitech stuff in many ways including the Webcam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to use Logitech webcams without having the full Logitech webcam software suite installed, but of course that doesn't help if you rely on the full software. I'm happy with the basic Windows driver for the Logitech webcam, but I know that isn't ideal for everyone. I feel like a lot of the extra Logitech software is mostly bloatware, but I think there are a few special controls and settings that can't be accessed with the basic Windows driver. The real hope is that Adobe will address the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked Thank You!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just having the same problem now. Prem Pro has been working and now i am getting the error. I cant us any part of the program as it now locks up when im editing in the video file. What can help? I have tried doing the things that have been metioned but nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this problem and uninstalled Logitech Gaming software, but the error did not go away, and I have audio issues in the videos. I never looked for the lvcod64.dl until after removing the software, and there is none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming: Although you see the same "A low-level exception occurred in: lvcod64.dll" error, you have confirmed that lvcod64.dll does not exist on your hard drive?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure you don't have lvcod64.dll still present inside C:\Windows\System32 or some other folder on your disk? I can't imagine how PR could throw an exception in this DLL if it doesn't exist on your computer somewhere. Perhaps you aren't actually seeing this specific error message covered by this thread, maybe you are seeing a different exception?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources