• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio re-rendering every time I start playback (enhanced speech related)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the new enhanced speech options but everytime I pause playback and restart (even when no changes are made) audio has to render. Often the progress bar goes beyond 100% and often it is rendering clips that I am not trying to preview. 

The audio render engine surrounding enhanced speech feels very broken. Enhanced speech works, but it makes the whole project pretty horrible to work on.

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v24.1.0.18

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Every time I cut into an audio file, it automatically renders. It's like a red light at every intersection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, it is infuriating at times. The Ehanced Speech feature is great when it works. However, every single time I move, cut or literaly do anything to my project at all it has to render the entire audio file. Sometimes the rendering takes hours. Also, if I close the project and open it back up, even if I rendered the audio before I closed the project, it has to render all of the audio again. Another INCREDIBLY annoying thing that seems to be happening if I use Enhanced Speech (no idea how this is related but it only started happening after using the new tool), any graphics - lower thirds, titles etc. seem to lose their dynamic link and then when I try to relink them either it get's stuck trying or straight up crashes Premiere Pro entirely. So every single time I open my project back up I have to literally re-do all of the graphics and lower thirds. Get your sh*t together Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  I can uncheck the "Enhance Speech" box in the Essential Sound panel and the previewing/rendering returns to normal.  But w/ Enhanced Speech enabled the Video Editor is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if they are working on this issure for the official release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I applied enhanced speech throughout all my clips and anytime either I make a cut or even if I extend the clip (by one frame!!), it starts doing renders of minimum 20 minutes up to four hours. I would love to know if there is any temporary fix, I do appreciate the enhanced speech feature I think it's a wonderful audio editing tool, but it needs to be integrated without this bug (I simply can't edit the whole thing when the clips are temporally gridlocked. Also please, if anybody has any solutions to bypass this at the moment, please let me know 🤲🏼 I'm not sure if maybe changing the bitrate or codec to the timelines format??? I believe that's the reason exports were having this same issue but it's probably not the same and I don't even know how to do that online without exporting. I am honestly more than a little bit frustrated and confused on what the solutions could be, I'm going to try disabling enhance speech when I make an edit, but I'm not even sure if that will work anyways, if anybody has any ideas, please  respond to me I would love to hear your feedback 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing a similar problem a month later.  When I cut my project the old audio still remains in the background, too.  I tried to remove 20 seconds of audio from the beginning of my video, but when I play back, the unenhanced audio from the first 20 seconds play at the same time as the enhanced audio from 21 seconds onward.  This is worse than having to wait for renders for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Does anyone know if they are working on this issure for the official release?

It is not in 24.0.0. There is an Enhance Speech option that appears to be what is now (in the Beta) called Vocal Enhancer, with the "new" effect called Enhance Speech with the "Enhance" button.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been using a kind of workaround. I wait until my project is pretty much complete and leave the audio until last, making cuts to the audio but not enhancing it until the very end. Once everything is cut together I then nest all of the audio clips and then apply Enhanced Speech to the nested clip. That way I don't have to deal with the painfully annoying "rendering audio" loading screen anytime I change the smallest thing. It's not ideal and Adobe definitely needs to work on improving this issue, however, the Enhanced Speech feature is honestly pretty incredible and still saves me a ton of time especially on poor audio that I typically enhance in Audition. It's a game changer in terms of the quality vs speed balance that us video editors are always fighting, but dammit Adobe get this on your list! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea - this is a nightmare. I have tried a few of the solutions suggested and still get no improvement. Working with a 50 min interview - and enhancing the speech is now cue'd to take 3 - 4 hours! (see below) My solution is to export the audio, then uploading to the Adobe Podcast / Speech Enhance tool - let that do the enhancing (in a matter of minutes) then bring it back into my project. Adobe Speech Enhance Issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this annoying bug as well.

On a related note, Why doesn't the "Global FX Mute" button disable all audio effects too? It should be labeled "Video FX Mute" instead and there should be another button for "Audio FX Mute".

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this same issue as well...I tried finishing my edit and then nesting all the audio on the track and then applying the Speech Enhance but it won't let me apply the effect to nested audio. The only workaround I found was to apply the Speech Enhance to the full audio clip before applying any cuts, then nesting that audio clip, then it would let me edit without trying to render every time I make a cut. Really enjoy the enhance feature built in, hope this is an easy fix.! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still seems to be an issue in Feb 24

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

totally, we should be able to Cache the audio file and pause the -rerendering a bit like with Roto in Ae. Until then I guess we must cut up then apply enhance at the end. Or enhance then nest the audio once added to the timeline before editing the video. Hoepfully Adobe sort it out ASAP. Super useful feature once it's dev'd up! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's been released and it's still janky. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. After render the Voice enhancement effect (Which takes a significant amount of time) the effect will have to re-rerender if I, move the timeline, cut a clip, play a clip, breath heavily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying enhancced speech, I simply exported a WAV file and re-imported it to make my edits. So far it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here it is, April 2024 and still having this same issue. Anyone figure it out? Is adobe just gonna ignore this? It is a huge time killer and I literally can't do anything else while its rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources