• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import corrected transcript(txt) bug

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this in the current and beta versions of Premiere, and both give me strange issues.
I sent out a 1.5 hour long edit to proofreading for adjustment.  I copied the corrections into a text document and tried to Text > Import > Import Corrected Transcript (TXT) and I get horrible results.
I have the original TXT file so I tried to import that - also horrible results.
first half has the time code and speaker name but <Type your caption here>  until about 00:43:50:00 when it starts filling in the captions from the beginning but with the wrong speaker,  The text is off, and towarrds the end it just puts all of the rest of the text under the last timecode.
Same results in both versions.  Using both the original exported text file and the corrected file.
The Text corrections took the proofreader over a day to review - to stat again and work in SRT format would be costly - am i missing something? 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vince,

sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. I don't see this happening on my end so it would be useful if you could send me your transcript as

- .prtranscript file (go to Export -> Export transcript)

- .txt file (go to Export -> Export to text file)

so I can investigate further.

When you are making corrections in the text file, did you make any changes to the timecodes or the speaker names?

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kerstin Ebert,

I have the exact same problem going on.

So basically I have a non-English interview which was transcribed by Premiere (Productions). I never change the speaker settings, nor do I make corrections. Just a simple, plain transcription to test the external spell correction option.

I can export the trancript to a txt file (Export, Export to text file...). I don't change anything besides one word. I save the text file and try to reimport it into the same Text dialogue within Premiere which still hold the original transcript (Import, Import corrected transcript (txt)...).

Next thing, the original transcript disappears, only to be replaced by some weird new version like @Vince281039543rf2 described.

This is a REALLY powerful option (to be able to extract the transcript and have people run by all the corrections outside of Premiere Productions (correcting the text from within Premiere takes 5 times longer, also because the transcripts get slower when they're long (like 4 hour interviews).

Too bad this doesn't fully work yet. One would think that (especially) if you leave the time codes alone, Premiere should easily be able to simply replace A with B, leaving all the connections to the timeline intact for a function like text-based editing.

I don't think I can change anything on my end to make it work. I tried to disable viewing the timecodes and speakers, but that doesn't do anything (they also still appear in the text file).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever resolve the issue? I'm struggling with that right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jorge33643669qtn4,

What version are you using? The basic function has not been showing these issues.

Export transcript as .txt and import it "as corrected" without making ANY changes. What happens?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jorge33643669qtn4 I tried installing Premiere 2024 Beta last week, and it seems like it does work in this specific update.

In 'regular' Premiere 2024 you still can not transcribe an audio file, download the transcription as a text file, edit the text in a local editor and import it back into Premiere.

I was surprised to see it finally working in the Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still considering the fact I'm talking about a non-English transcription...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @firste13845131,

we recently added some improvements to the 24.1 version to fix a bug where importing a corrected transcript as .txt file would create larger gaps in the transcript that's shown in the Text panel. Are you still seeing any issues in the 24.1 release version (or the 24.2 beta)?.

Regarding your last comment, do you only see the bug with non-English transcripts, but it works fine with English transcripts? Could you share a screenshot of what it looks like after you imported the corrected transcript?

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also encountering this bug as described by Vince. I will try to download the Beta 24.2 to see if there's any change. My workflow has been to export .txt then copy-paste into google doc and use the translate tool which creates a translated copy of the document without altering any of the timecode formatting. When I've tried to import corrected transcript .txt I get the same glitchy outcomes where <Type your caption here> appears for most of the transcript and the timecodes are jumbled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Alysha25885702p6j5,

I just tested with a 2:30 English clip. I used your GoogleDocs method and translated into Spanish and German. The results looked pretty good.

The translated .txt file has the same timecodes. PR does adjust some timecodes a bit on import.

I see places where the character count varies from the original (as expected). I suspect that if it varies much, that can throught the import off.

What languages are you translating from and to? How long is your clip?

I can test if you can provide an mp3 of the audio.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources