• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio waveforms randomly disappearing!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horrible bug with audio waveforms seemingly randomly disappearing. Seems impossible to get them back, even when rebuilding peak files. Especially annoying on long sequenzes.

Makes audio editing nearly impossible. Please help soon!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @timb38272872,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me too for several versions now. I found restarting Premiere is the only way to get them back, and it doesn't work all the time... So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here to report this same bug in 14.3.0 only to find out that it has already been reported multiple times.

Not being able to see waveforms in a professional editing tool is a showstopper bug that must have been addressed right away. It's ridiculous to not see waveforms in professional editing tool. Yet, it wasn't fixed for a YEAR?

Adobe, are you serious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue in 14.3.0. Just updated to 14.3.1. Will clear my cache and wait a few hours for it to rebuild and (maybe) it'll be gone this time?? Not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening for the last few updates both with released and Beta versions on 8GB M1 MacMini (dunno if it also is a PC issue). Quickest solution is, unfortunately, to save everything, close Premiere, reopen project.

PS: In addition to losing audio envelopes I also lose timeline snapping, even though it is turned on when the waveforms disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP 2022 same problem. Restarting helps in the beginning, but once I start getting into the timeline the waveforms disappear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happening here. At first visible, then gone, then randomly light up like a switchboard. It's unusable this way. Hello, Adobe, anyone home down there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as Joseph Galligan. The waveform only comes back after restarting the entire program. It remains for a while and then goes again. I'm on version 22.4.0 but it was also happening on older versions. This bug makes the editing process twice as long.
My project timelines are between 10 and 80 minutes in length. The longer ones (over 30 minutes) are usually where the problem exists.
As of this week, I'm using a Mac Studio 64GB RAM (Monterey OS - v12.4). I have state of the art equipment. This shouldn't happen.

Adobe, you need to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing this issue in my last couple of projects and it is incredibly frustrating because so much of my video relies on being on beat with the music. I think this is my last project with premiere. It's time to make the jump to another program. It's just so buggy and I encounter a number of different issue with each 10 minute video I create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others have reported here, Save-Restart-ReOpen might bring back the disappearing waveform; maybe not. Might as well Lather-Rinse-Repeat. My timelines average 60 minutes and depend extensively on my ability to sync audio with video. I experience this problem frequently. I do pro-bono editing and pay a ton of my money for the “CC-Everything” license. Inexcusable for a company like Adobe to roll out reoccurring versions that maintain the same ridiculous error. This’ll be my last annual license renewal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(pasting here from another comment, since I'm not sure what adobe "prioritizes")

Hey,,,,still an issue. Also, I hit the Render Audio button, wait the inappropriate amount of time it takes, and then when I start cutting, waveforms disappear again, repeat the steps and same thing happens.

This isn't a groundbreaking "feature" a NLE should have, it should be the bare minimum. That we have to render audio at all makes Premiere feel pretty amateur. I want to edit video and audio, I'll need images and waveforms, it's that simple. Premiere should detect there are no waveforms and either create them automatically and save them somewhere (idk, like a database....like resolve, FPX, or any other NLE) or alert the user that something went wrong and why there are no waveforms and list out the fix, and then never have to worry about them the rest of the project.

Or Adobe could make a user form where it's monthly paying customers have to come and find the issue that is most related to their case and that they think has the highest chance of being worked on an hope and pray they read these comments and write a long and specific explanation and then hope it gets fixed.....someday.

Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here, on a macbok pro m1, build 57. Multiple projects. tried saving the pek files on different locations, restart with clean settings, trash the cache files, ... When the waveforms dissapear, so do the clipframes. Sometimes they appear again, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they flicker on and off.

It makes premiere absolutely unusable.

If it wasn't for resyncing and organising 90 hours of rushes, I would have switched the project over to avid already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still there in 22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a reasonable workaround for the issue I experience on Macos Monterrey. When the waveforms and clipframes disappear, quickly switching to my other desktop-space (ctrl+arrow) and then back tot he space with Premiere, brings the waveforms and clipframes immediately back. Every time.

So no need for deleting cash files, rebuilding waveforms, restarting the project or opening the project with fresh settings (tried them all, before I stumbled on this workaround) It is not a bug with waveforms, it is a bug with how Premiere draws their timelines on Mac I guess.

At least for my randomly disappearing waveforms. Yours may be caused by another bug, premiere has plenty after all. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @timb38272872,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines