• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2019 Dynamic Link to AE broken

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, Premiere 2019 will read and play comps dynamically linked from AE that were created prior to the CC2018 version. Comps made in 2018 WILL NOT play (Media pending error) in Premiere CC2019.
Also, fonts used in MOGRT files are not correct in Premiere CC2019 - and yes, I'm using typekite fonts.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hi Kevin,

This was from a year ago. Not really any problems on v23.6, but there are various other problems 🙂

You can close my part of this thread.

Cheers!

*steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @holtz,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this!

I was able to fix the playback problem by opening and saving the AE file with AE2019 and then re-importing the needed compositions from that updated .aep, replacing the old versions in my PP timeline by ALT-drag-and-drop.

The font issue is still a huge problem though. Whenever I want to change the AE text within PP, it changes the font to some default font I don't want. This is a huge problem, as it renders the Dynamic Link Feature completely useless. I now have to resort to exporting my compositions with the correct font before being able to put them in my timeline...

This needs fixing asap! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with playback. I believe the playback issue has to do with AE proejcts that have live text templates. Other dynamically linked AE files for fine. I need to be able to properly update my older projects to CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe an alert at the beginning of premier would've been great !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COME ON!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created two different motion graphic templates in the same version of After Effects. One imports into a Premiere Pro project just fine. The other one locks up Premiere, telling me it is 15% complete with 1 or 3 or 5 seconds left and never completing. If I cancel, Premiere locks up completely. I made sure I've got the latest updates: Premiere Pro CC v13.02 and After Effect CC v16.01. An additional irritant: The Essential Graphics panel collapses the first time I try to drag any asset into my project so I get to do that twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this? still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figured it out? I mean 2 years have passed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a crazy issue with 2 projects that I was finishing.
I've asked to Adobe support to assist me and we never found the problem.
My iMac Pro kept freezing, then even switched off completely and restart.

after a month of looking around, asking around, reinstalling the software over and over again and try different ways I've did a backup of all my projects and files, I did format all my machine, and try to find the cause of all this.

were the titles, and even motion graphic templates dowloaded from Adobe Stock (19,99€).
everything that is a template, MOGRT makes my machine crazy.

I had to understand this by myself and again there is no solution as I see.
You guys need to understand that your software is for professional uses and well paid by professionals and all you have to do is to make your software usable and better.

I do get that it might be the chance to have bugs but you do need to resolve that asap.
Lost days, not hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new at trying to add motion graphics created in After Effects to Premiere Pro, but it seems the issues I am having are common. When I try to drag a graphic from the essential graphics panel to my timeline, it starts to load and then is interrupted with an error saying I need to install After Effects (trial or license) in order to use my motion graphics. I've been trouble shooting for a whole day, but the problem is unresolved. It has to be a bug that is stopping the link between PP and AE. Please Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I purchase mograph templates for premiere pro and its not working it say i have to use AE. seems like a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to roll back to Premiere 14.0.4 because of the another known bug with Metal playback engine in 14.1 and 14.2 and now have this issue so it's lose lose. Got any fixes coming soon Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue. Has there been a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of premiere pro and AE installed. Still having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @holtz,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

This was from a year ago. Not really any problems on v23.6, but there are various other problems 🙂

You can close my part of this thread.

Cheers!

*steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back, Steve!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines