Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default duration of audio transition no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently using Premiere 24.2.1 and have encountered an issue upon updating to this new version. In my preferences the default audio transition (constant power in my case) has a duration set at 0.13 seconds. Whenever I use the shortcut to apply the transition it creates a transition with a duration of 1.05 seconds. Can anyone advise on a solution to this issue?

Thanks

Jack

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

A best practice is not to use broken-up seconds; use frames instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hi @Jack26329440jys0,

Thanks for filing the bug about the default audio transition length. Please let the community know of Ann's advice helped solve your issue or if it persists.

Developers would need more information to reproduce the bug if you don't mind. Please see the preferred format of a bug report here: How do I write a bug report?

I hope we can find a solution for you ASAP. Sorry for the frustration on this.

Thank You,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Hi everyone, 
Sorry about the poor experience. We're currently investigating this issue. For the time being, 

you may set Audio Transition Default Duration to frames and then enter the custom value for the duration. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio transitions default can no longer go under  1 second. It used to  be able to in the  older versions, very annoying  now because it means having to adjust every audio audiotransition that needs to  be shorter by hand (mouse). Also in ME en export I see that it's no longer possible to set a quality ammount yourself, it has fixed positions now. Please don't implement this in the  upcoming version!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update 24.2.1, the Audio Transition Default Duration function was broken, now no matter what value you specify, it still inserts the default value, on 24.1 everything works fine

1. Go to Edit - Preferences - Timeline

2. In the Audio Transition Default Duration field, change the value to any other value than the default

3. Apply any standard transition to the audio

4. The transition with standard length values will be applied, regardless of what values were entered

2024-02-24_02-19.png

2024-02-24_02-09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My default audio transition length is set to 0.1 seconds, and it works perfectly fine when I manually apply a transition (Constant Power for example).

The issue I'm having ever since the most recent update (24.2.1), is when I apply the audio transition to my whole timeline (by selecting all my audio files, and using ctrl+shift+D), the transition lenght is 1 second, which I believe is the Premiere default, and not my updated default. I didn't have this issue in the last version, so I assume this is a bug? I've tried changing my default audio transition length to other lenghts such as 0.2 and 0.5, but when applying it to all, those number are never applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUDDENLY, in Premiere 24.2.1 Build 2, neither the APPLY AUDIO TRANSITION / DEFAULT  is coming up to what I set it at (.02). It is only coming up as - I suppose - is the system default (1.06). The instructions are also wrong as as there is NO "Preferences". I had previously set these so I'm not sure how they reverted to a system default (especially since my custom default of .02 is still specified.). To do each one manually is a ton of labor.... Please advise.

[Correction on Premiere build by MOD]

Branched from older thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using very short duration I would set it frames instead of seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my bug is pretty simple. I've set the default audio transition to 0,2 but when I apply it with right click or CMD + MAJ + D the transition durates 1 second and I don't understand why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that behavior and can't unerstand why exactly. Anyway, you can set the default transition into frames instead of seconds and set the duration to the exact number of frames that you want, and it will work without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not set transition to 0.2 seconds but rather use frames.

In a 60 fps timeline that would be 12 frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A best practice is not to use broken-up seconds; use frames instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jack26329440jys0,

Thanks for filing the bug about the default audio transition length. Please let the community know of Ann's advice helped solve your issue or if it persists.

Developers would need more information to reproduce the bug if you don't mind. Please see the preferred format of a bug report here: How do I write a bug report?

I hope we can find a solution for you ASAP. Sorry for the frustration on this.

Thank You,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same issue here. Do you have an idea to solve this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello je rencontre le même soucis...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone, 
Sorry about the poor experience. We're currently investigating this issue. For the time being, 

you may set Audio Transition Default Duration to frames and then enter the custom value for the duration. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate