• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the export window or hit Command M, I get a spinning blue wheel that goes on forever. The program doesn't crash, and I can easily go back to "edit," but the Export window never fully opens. I have tried restarting.

I am using a MacBook Pro M1 Max with over 900 gb of free storage. 

My external harddrive (which is where my project files are) has 199 gb of space. 

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Premiere preferences?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes I tried resetting Premiere preferences but I am still having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project, import old one and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried exporting different sequences?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and this did not help... saved the new project on a different HD as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah - instead of making a new project and importing the old one, I did a Save As of the current project onto a different location and that worked... in case others need to know how to solve the spinning blue wheel issue on export. (running version 23.1.0 build 86 on Apple Silicon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm... wondering exactly what's going on.  Were you saving to a different drive or just a different location on the same drive?  by any chance were there non-standard characters (like *, &) in your file or folder names?   And thanks for posting your workaround...  Not enough people do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac studio M1 max with 32 gb of memory and 1 tb of space.  When I try expoerting a video in premiere 2023 it doesnt open the export window or do anythng.  There should be an issue here.  My machinein more than capable so is this a bug or a application settings issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, impossible to tell your level of expertise from your post...  so not talking down to you, just trying to understand what's going on.  Is the timeline active or the sequence selected in the project/bin when you go to "export media?"   

might help to tell us your source properties and sequence settings...  Can you export a clip selected in the bin/project window rather than a sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I did all of those steps (and some more I found on the internet) and none of them worked. Even reinstalled already. I was exporting normally minutes before this started to happen, all of the sudden I couldn't export anymore.

Any ideia what else could work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried smart rendering?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

Any questions about this workflow, post back...

The great thing about this workflow is if the timeline renders completely and plays back, it should export without issues if you enable "use previews" in the export dialog.  If the timeline does not render completely, it should point at the problematic clip or section of the timeline...

You might also tell us  your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card, and your source properties and sequence settings... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried, still doesn't open de export window, it loads forever. I'm using Premiere Pro 2023, Intel i5, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX 3080, 2,5TB of free space in the disk in editing.

Sequence settings: 2048x1080, 23.976 fps, what else do you need?

Please help, I really need to export this job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I was having this exact same problem across all projects and the resetting of premiere preferences fixed it. (vers 23.2)

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remember to go in and customize your preferences again.  I've got a client who's editing a complex project and he's started resetting preferences as a troubleshooting step...  But he never goes in a changes the things that we've decided should be customized.    So here's a solution to backing up and restoring your preferences

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

It's free and can be a life saver, particularly if you've done some heavy customization.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open the export page on Premiere pro, it just charges endlessly and it's very annoying, i can't export any project (i tried to reboot my mac btw). If someone knows why i have this and how to fix this... ThanksCapture d’écran 2023-04-14 à 16.23.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to export the same project for a day now. Here is the problem...

When i try to export a project the export tab has the spinning loading wheel and wont load to export the project. i've looked online to see if anyone else has had the same issues but the only thing i have found was that the the export freezes durring export....I cant even get the export tab to load for me to export!

I have tried everything i know including uninstalling premiere and reinstaling it, restarting my computer, clearing the media cache, etc. 

can any one help?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is my exact problem! someone help! Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any obvious errors in your video such as glitches or dropped frames?

That could be the problem. Please give us more specifics such as system specs and video types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there enough free hard drive space?

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my Macbook Pro. Specific to a project. I have enough storage. Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting to a different drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too (started today, was fine yesterday) and it never even loads to the point where you can select a different drive. 

Export tab just spins the loading wheel and hitting File > Export just does nothing at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate