• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Drag Select Multiple Mask Path Points

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting today, I've encountered a sudden issue where I can't drag select multiple mask path points anymore. Usually, I draw a mask path and drag to select several path points at once to adjust the shape of the path. However, this functionality seems to have stopped working out of nowhere. I've tried rebooting and even testing on a different computer, but the problem persists. Has anyone else faced this issue or knows how to fix it?

Premiere Pro 24.2.0 (Build 93), Apple Mac mini M1, macOS Sonoma 14.0

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

This mask bezier issue was introduced with 24.2.x and has been recently resolved. You can verify the fix in 24.4 beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Hello @Kyu35322342gv1a,

A product team member has announced a fix for this bug in Premiere Pro 24.3. The status of this bug is now "Fixed."

Cheers,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
45 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you prefer YouTube video: https://youtu.be/a93mbg5cnBM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's works here on 24.1, Win11 22h2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone with this problem.  When I upgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro 24.2, this problem showed up on my Windows 11 Pro 23H2 laptop.

I decided to downgrade Adobe Premiere Pro to 24.1 and the problem has gone away.  Version 24.2 introduced this buggy behavior.

This bug makes it impossible to select mask points to adjust the size/location of the mask.  I had created an opacity mask when I discovered this behavior in 24.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same behavior even in beta 24.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Kyu35322342gv1a

24.2 had been withdrawn from release due to issues.

Have to wait for 24.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 24.2.1 and the same bug is present.  Using 24.2.1, I also see problems trying to work with esstential graphics text objects (cannot type in text), clicking on one of the options in the essential graphics panel causes the entire panel to close.

Versions 24.2 and 24.2.1 are very broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked through so many posts, and I couldn't find my issue or fix, but when I try to create a mask on a clip, you usually would click and drag, and that would create a curve in the mask, but all of a sudden, that stopped working completely and only creates straight points in the mask.

Mod note: Title changed slightly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @caleb25972206rofr,

Thanks for writing in. I understand that masks are not functioning as usual. There was a bug filed for this recently. You may have to roll back a version if this workflow is essential to you. I apologize for this bad behavior. I will add this post to the bug report. I hope the team will prioritize this fix and get a fix out ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with the 24.2.1 update.  No free draw bezier.  Makes staying in PP to do a decent quick color grade super tough and time consuming.  Glad you've added it to the bug report.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am advocating for a fix ASAP. Sorry about this, @Peter R Mervis. If you have a moment, please upvote the bug in the upper-left of the post. That would definitely help.

Best Wishes,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember when I use to make a mask with the free draw bezier tool on a video I could click and hold and drag to get a curve or plan a curve around certain things but now it just makes straight lines and I have to click the blue points and drag to curve the previous line before making my next point in the mask. The shape tool lets me curve as I make the points but not the free draw bezier for masks . I have latest premiere pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded previous version 24.1 and the mask tool free Bézier curves now when I hold and drag mouse and the pen tool to create shapes wasn't working properly in 24.2.1 either I think there's a bug I tried reinstalling and it still happened but 24.1 works peachy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to select the corners of an opacity mask by draging a box around them and I don't see a marque box, and nothing is selected. Pretty sure this is something I've always been able to do. I can click to select the corners, but it's not efficent. Also, it was working a couple days ago.

Tried resetting by alt shift, uninstalling, cache clean....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I rolled back from 24.2.1 to 24.1 and the functionality came back. I guess that makes this a bug in 24.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thakur31724625loe3,

Thanks for writing in with your problem with masks. I can reproduce the issue here and a bug has been filed. Thanks so much for bringing the issue to our attention. I hope a fix is found soon. Sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @John34858103e64q,

Thanks for the message. Yes, I've seen this error and a bug has been filed. The team is working on a fix now. Sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me, not being able to freely draw a mask with curves limits me from working fluidly. We need a prompt update to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I'm using Premiere 24.2.1 with Win 11 home (22631) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasted a crucial hour trying to solve this. Tried searching a bunch of Premiere Pro queries for like, "free draw bezier no curve," "pen tool effects control not working," "masking won't hold," "pen tool not working can't curve," until " "can't click drag bezier," brought me here. Leaving this comment here incase it helps with the search engine. 

I rolled back to as suggested and it works fine—from Premiere Pro 24.2.1 to 24.1. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @KLFRANCO,

Thanks for dropping in those keywords. Brilliant, my friend. I appreciate the community spirit. As a support representative, I am advocating for a fix for this error to happen ASAP. Rock on.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click on the pen tool under opacity, normally I would click, hold and drag to make the mask line a curve. It wont let me hold to drag the line into a curve it just makes a point. It also wont let me move of the point after, just moves the whole mask. If I hit CMD Z to undo a point it removes the whole mask.

This is a fresh install Premiere 24.2.1 on a new mac studio. This is driving me insane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working just fine until the last update!!! I don't understand how something it work on previous version was ok and it's broke after the update! It means someone has spend the time to broke something that was working!

It was the only way to do perfect mask rectangles invert and after you select let's say 2 points from left to make small or large just by using the arrow key. You just press Shift and you can select multiple points from mask ! It was working fine! Why broke it? Just fix it! And do the same thing with the shapes from Essential graphics so we can resize something not just by mouse or entering some numbers just selecting wat to modify and then make it small or large by arrow keys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @Ovidiu29741793sgae,

Thanks for writing in with your question. You are wondering how things get broken that were working in a previous version, right?

It was working just fine until the last update!!! I don't understand how something it work on previous version was ok and it's broke after the update! It means someone has spend the time to broke something that was working!

This is super frustrating from a user's perspective. I can understand that because I was an editor before coming to Adobe. I also worked at other large software companies before, so I do have some perspective.

Software developement is a very tricky profession, especially for non-linear video editing systems because the software is so complex, containing millions of lines of code. Code for new features get added to the application during development. Invariably, when new code gets added, there is the potential of it conflcting with other features on the application, like breaking a feature in some way or by causing a crash or hang.

Ideally, a developer, quality engineer, or beta tester will find and fix these bugs before they get released, but it happens, unfortunately.

I hope the explanation helps you understand the situation better. I apologize for the frustration on this one. It is affecting my personal projects, as well. I'm going to merge this discussion with the bug report on the bugs forum. I hope that is OK.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

The fix for this bug is under way. Sorry for the frustration and inconvenience. I upvoted and will be an advocate for a fix on this bug. I can see the community is mighty concerned about this one. Help is on the way, though!

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate