• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
31 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Hope this gets a million votes, it's really irritating #twostepsforwardonestepback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I nuked all my workspaces and re-created them and it seems to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon, the issue came back today. I re-created all my workspaces and I'm still having several panels not staying in place upon relaunch and even resetting them. The project panel seems to be the most buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this gets fixed! Every time I open a project the project panel is either undocked next to the other panels or on a completely different side of my dual monitors. Not very professional! Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in June 2020... please fix this already. Project Panel will just default back to bottom left when I create new projects even when selecting my saved workspace. It's as if it has ignored my project panel placement when I saved the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, please. Adobe's implementation of "workspaces" is weak. And COULD be so much simpler.

Tie Workspaces to the USER, NOT the Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug occurs everytime I create a new project, or open a project from another user ("Import workspaces from users" is unchecked).

It also sets the metadata profile back to default, which is also extremely annoying.

What is the point of saving workspaces if it's destroyed every 2 days ? Adobe PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, I cannot believe how long this has been going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on guys! JDI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is still there. The Project panel never stays at the place I put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite spending hours with Adobe support on this once, they haven't been able to figure it out. I suspect the issue is due to Premiere now supporting multiple projects open at once, so there is no longer a definitive 'Project panel' in the same way there's a single 'Program Monitor', for example.

I have discovered a workaround, however, which is good enough for my workflow. The project panel seems to follow wherever the Media Browser lives. If I want the project panel to load in the top-left, for example, simply moving the Media Browser to this spot and saving the workspace seems to reliably get the project panel to show up top-left also.

Given that I often want to see both the Media Browser and Project Panel at once, this isn't ideal, but because of the way I have my workspace set up, 'parking' the Media Browser for my saved workspace and then moving it out to a different pane when I need it at least saves me from having to rearrange the sizing of everything else whenever I start a new project.

On a separate issue, Mike -
The feature you're looking for exists, under Window -> Workspaces -> Import Workspace from Projects. It's a silly spot for that option, but I've found that it does at least work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was frustrated by this for all of the last build. I was hoping it would be fixed in v15, but no dice. As someone who has to switch between projects all day this is something that becomes a major pebble in the shoe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting silly. It's been over two years since this was first reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this, but frustrated that Adobe fails to fix it. It costs me time and money resetting the workspace every time I open a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue in Oct 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we need to vote 200 times before anyone from Adobe officially responds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this is so ridiculous. Are you actually reading these comments? So many updates without this issue being fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me in Premiere Pro 22.0... however docking the Media Browser with the Project Panel trick seems to work for me and the panel stays where i put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue. But it's way bigger than it seems. My setup had me create a custom workspace where I moved the timeline on to a second screen below the "main" screen. I saved it as a custom layout but as soon as I switch back and forth to this saved workspace, the "undocked" panels on the second screen are all not fullscreen anymore AND moved down about one inch so I have to resize everyting every time I switch between workspaces. How is this not fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this is super annoying. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but it keeps docking in the top left panel. It drives me crazy because I have to manually reset my workspace every single time I open Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project panel won't stay in saved workspace layout. please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just Premiere, but Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. The whole "workspace" functionality is broken six ways from Sunday, and there doesn't seem to be a unified team working on the interface debugging to sort this out across the board at once. It's completely maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been going on for some versions now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon launching Premiere Pro (23.2.0) my custom workspace(s) have an issue whereby I cannot move project window assets around into folders, delete an asset, etc. - I have to navigate & select a pre-made workspace like "Editing" first - to apparently "reset" my own custom workspace;  then navigate back to mine again for it to then work.  But/and when I quit out of Premiere and come back into it later, I have to do this "reset" once again before my custom workspaces will work.

Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! It worked for me. I just added the Media Browser as a tab next to the Project window, saved the workspace, closed PP, re-opened and started a new project. Low and behold the project panel did not revert to it's old location!

Votes

Translate

Translate