• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IMPORTANT UPDATE: BUSINESS CATALYST END-OF-LIFE EXTENDED

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the situation with COVID-19 unfolds it is clear we are in unprecedented times which has created profound uncertainty worldwide. We understand that for many clients their Business Catalyst site underpins their business and we’d like to try to help avoid further disruption where we can. 

We do remain committed to our goal to discontinue the platform, but to try to alleviate the stress as we all come to terms with working under these new circumstances, we are announcing an extension to Business Catalyst End-of-Life date by six months. The new end of life date is now 26 September 2021, after which date the service will be taken offline. 

Our team is here to support you during these challenging times, and we hope this helps you with your site migration plans.  Please reach out to us with any questions: https://www.businesscatalyst.com/contact   

Stay safe and healthy, 
The Adobe Business Catalyst Team 

TOPICS
CRM , Developer , Documentation , Paid partner , Partner advisory board , System updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo.  The day AFTER the FINAL End-of-Life date for Business Catalyst you decide to extened the deadline. Who would still be on Business Catalyst AFTER the deadline?  Seriously who?  NOBODY!

This is SUCH A PATHETIC move by Adobe!  Not only do you SLAP 10,000+ of your users in face with your original end-of-life email 2 years ago... But now you are using a GLOBAL PANDEMIC to act like a good, caring company by extending BC for another 6 months - for those effected by Corona virus? 

Product End-Of-Life - 3.26.2020

Date Adobe sends 6 month extension notice - 3.27.2020

FU Adobe.  You're DISGUSTING to use this Pandemic to TRY to make yourselves look good.

I will NEVER use an Adobe product ever again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is uncalled for and full of incorect information.

1. EOL date has NOT passed - https://www.businesscatalyst.com/#announcement

The very first date set was around 2020 but the community were not happy as that was not enough of a time frame and Adobe extended that to March 26th, 2021 Which has now been extended by 6 months.

2. This deadline was extended because a lot of people are STILL on Business Catalyst. Not all BC sites are 5 page small graphic sites. There are many medium to large businesses with extensive features which will be cost and time to migrate. For many of the larger BC partners the challenge is and has been to go over new platforms with their clients, for their clients to agree on the cost of the migration, build basically a new site on that platform and the work to migrate to that platform. After that learning that new platform.

3. Because of that cost and effort many current migrations about to start or that are in progress have halted as businesses struggled with the current situations that are still unfolding as a result of COVID-19. With that it was the BC partners who reached out to Adobe to highlight this fact and asked for an extension as a result. Adobe have given such an extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WRONG!

1.  The EOL has always BEEN 3.26.   First is was 2020, then moved to 2021.   ONLY only 3.27.20 - the day AFTER the EOL dates that 1000's of BC customers were notified via email.  If it was even on the radar of being changed, you should have emailed everyone that was FRICKIN SCRAMBLING to get the transfer made... perhaps BEFORE the deadline.  NOT AFTER!!  You can say it was extended until you're blue in the face - it was only extended ON / AFTER the EOL date.  Not days or even a week in advance (3 weeks of CV-19... they PLENTY of time).

2.  I was on BC until 3.26.20.    I moved to GoDaddy hosting... actually, I HAD TO PAY a freelancer on Upwork to move my 592 page website (yes - that many pages) to GoDaddy for us as we were to busy running a company than to sit down and move hosts.  And since I HAD and ACTIVE website on MARCH 26th - where was my FRICKIN NOTICE that was being extended vs paying 100's of dollars to have a pro do it at the last minutes. 

And dont' get into this small page / new platform crap / SMB BS... Again 600 pages / 15 employees - and now, I have to pay AGAIN to have the website rebuilt in Webflow.  Don't carry water for Adobe guy - You know they F'ed 1000's of SMB companies - DO. NOT. TRY. TO. COVER!  It's not possible - read ANY forum regarding Muse.  Ohhh... and where was my last minute notification from Adobe.  Oh yeah.  It came on the FRICKIN 27TH!  

3. NO.  INCORRECT INFORMATION.  The extension email was GIVEN AFTER THE EOL deadline (on the 27th).  You just show me one... just one email that you sent PRIOR to the deadline to your customers that discuss an extension and I'll believe you.  You can't pat yourself on the back and say you did something good for Coronavirus... BS.  And you KNOW it's BS.

Adobe has a LONG HISTORY screwing and now lying to their customers. 

This is NO different.  What you are doing is called SPIN and a flat out lie and using a pandemic to TRY to make themselves look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all - I am not an Adobe staff member.

Sorry but I think you really have not been keeping up with the information.

It has been known for some time that it was changed to 2021 both on the forums, via email and on the website. We knew, other partners we work with and speak too know about the dates and the changes. Everyone is working to migrate sites, we are all trying to do that and the whole reason for contacting Adobe was because many clients are not able to migrate at the moment due to the current situation.

Your latter post makes it clear your issues though. You did not correctly follow the information and are angry that you had to pay to get your site out of a new platform. Most of our clients are not happy in that regard either and we have to spend a lot of time migrating a lot of sites we had in the platform and work with clients to do that on top of all normal work, as an agency it is not a fun time either.

This is far from a last minute notification though, you may feel that way but it is simply not true, this is well before the ACTUAL EOL date that has been set for some time and extended because partners like us reached out to Adobe in regard to client issues with regard to COVID-19, some are struggling to stay as a business and so Adobe have understood this and given an extension of 6 months.

There is no spin, no lies here, I understand where your frustations are and many of us all feel the same boat in regard to Adobe and the BC EOL and for us developers and agencies even before that with the progression or lack there of with the platform.

There is really no need for the comments you have made here, they have not been constructive and a little abusive as well to Adobe over news that actually gives a little restbite to many and is a positive thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude - 

Keep talking.  You are making my point better than I can.

1. You are avoiding my main point.  Adobe sent their "extension" notification AFTER the deadline.  Do you really think almost every responsible person didn't switch over prior to the extension?  So who is this "extension" for.  Since NOBODY was notified until AFTER the EOL date.  And you are trying to make it sound like it ended on the 27th.  NO.  EOL on the 26th means it ENDS ON THE 26.  GAME OVER.  ON THE 26TH IT IS DEAD.  So why send an email on the 27th?  For the past 2 years you've said the 26th.   Or perhaps... perhaps only CERTAIN people knew about the extension.   Hmmm.  

1.  Tell me the day Adobe sent out an email PRIOR to 3.26.20 stating they were extending the deadline.  If it was "in talks long before"... then I call your bluff.  Tell me the day Adobe even MENTIONED an extension in an email to their 1000's of BC customers.  There isn't one.  I searched the word in Gmail - not there.

2.  I was acknowlging you as an Adobe employee - as you are such.  You may not be on the "official" Adobe payroll, but you obviously have some skin in the Adobe game as you referred to yourself as - "partners like us".  And nobody in their right mind would be a "commiunity professional" w/out some sort of compensation.  You're on the Adobe payroll.   Perhaps not directly, but you are.  So you can stop w/ the snarky remarks. "Sorry but I think you really have not been keeping up with the information."  It's childish.  Be a professional.  You are representing Adobe as an indirect employee.

3.  Your word salad reply provided us with SO MUCH more info.  Not only did Adobe NOT send a notice to all their customers.  ONLY select persons that reached out to Adobe... and the MEDIUM to LARGE companies that Adobe REACHED OUT TO, to let them know... don't worry... we're going to extend the deadline.  SO WHY DIDN'T ADOBE SEND AN EMAIL TO ALL THE 1000'S THAT WERE SCRAMBLING TO GET THEIR WEBSITES REBUILT OR TRANSFERRED.  I GET A JUNK EMAIL EVERY SINGLE DAY FROM ADOBE - BUT THEY COULDN'T EMAIL ALL THEIR BC/ MUSE CUSTOMERS KNOW THE DEADLINE WAS EXTENDED BEFORE THE DAY IT EXPIRED FOR GOOD?!?!?

And then Adobe uses the "Coronvirus Extension" to make themselves look good.  Then send out the press releases and forum posts.

We all see if for what it is.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not sure of the point in your posts.

- Despite what you think, the deadline for EOL has NOT PASSED. This is fact.

- I have 5 emails in regard to the extension

- I was in the online webinar held talking about the extension

- The forum post is still here with the extension

- The website has been updated with the extension since that announcement some time ago

I am sorry, but if you missed all that it is not Adobe's fault.

You then are now attacking me with no basis of fact again, this is really unfortunate.

A BC Partner are the agencies and web developers who signed to the partner program, many of which before Adobe purchased BC. This is a community helping each other develop on the platform and have been working with past team and Adobe team to try and improve and lead the platform. If you knew any of this or did abit of fact checking you would see the agency I work for has been one of the leading partners in this and both the agency and myself have pushed Adobe and the BC team very hard and been very critical of their mistakes and praise when due. I get nothing from Adobe for modding and being a community profesional and your statement would apply to everyone who is one - so you are insulting a lot of people with no information on who they are.

In your third statement - You simply do not understand the landscape of the platform and clearly have not looked into this. With that you can not make any statements to that fact.

There are and have been many levels of partner and that has always been a thing, you can be developers, there is the Muse community, there is the Good Barry community and the end customers etc.

I have checked with other Muse users last night that I know - They got the email. You can check in the Muse community if you like and I think you will find a mix of people that knew and saw all the information, and others like you that missed it.

Again, I am sorry you missed the information about the extension, this was not weeks ago, this was something months and months ago. Almost as soon as Adobe did the initial EOL date partners complained that was not enough time and it was weeks after it was extended.

You have been in a rush, it was clearly stressful and you have some anger around that, the whole EOL is a pretty crappy thing to work through but unfortunatly you can not then outlay any of your experience to fact, attack people and be abusive.

Moderation notes:
This is an informative post from Adobe and your going off with little to no factual basis. I will try to move your posts to a different thread but depends on what these new forums allow. You are in breach of a number of forum policies but I will try to keep them up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would be pleased with the life extension email if I could get the CMS to work on my site, a ticket has been raised for four days, some words of encouragemnet, long periods of utter silence and no progress. I will not be using or recommending an Adobe product to anyone ever again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines