• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Denoise AI and Pentax K3 MKIII DNG files - not working

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any noise reduction using Denoise AI on Pentax K3iii DNG files in Lightroom Classic v12.3. Any future solution to this issue?

Thanks

Tom

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

I've opened a bug for investigation. I've downloaded two of your sample files to attach to the bug. 

Thank you for the report.

Note:  this thread will be updated when we have more information available. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
91 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. 

DXO mark works well, it seems, in removing the noise.

Downsides are extra workflow step and also the generated new DGNs seem to be 2-3 times bigger - up to 90 MB in my test cases. But output is indeed better than manual noise removal in LR, so this is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... So would still prefer the built in LR AI denoise to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... because im not going to pay $35 a month for just this feature (cost of DXO PurerRaw) as I'm doing all other edits in LR.

Cmon Adobe, bring this up-todate please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @Frédéric35684885lrp8. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Please share the system info from Photoshop Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload & attach here. 

Please share a few sample original images & Denoised results on both devices to help us compare the results. 

As a test, try using Bridge > Camera Raw for Denoise & check their results in Bridge.

Thanks! 

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as the files are too large to be sent by email, here is the address of my DropBox shared folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/z215buyac1brbsftbgn5r/h?rlkey=nyvjr749xqp6cv5nbk5zu2ens&dl=0
Ce n’est pas la puce Apple M3 qui est responsable des mauvais résultats de la réduction du bruit pour les fichiers PENTAX, comme je le croyais au début. Avec le fichier Raw du Lumix FZ 300 la réduction du bruit est excellente.
Salutation
Frédéric Moreau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDITED

I spent more than 4 hours (four hours) in two different calls with Adobe expert. I provide them a full set of info, I provide them a full set of config, I followed their instruction in order to update GPU driver, they used my PC with remote desktop feature and at the end, despite the fact they SAW live the AI noise reduction is NOT WORKING with Pentax/ricoh file, despite the fact they SAW that AI NR is working on my exact PC with NEF files for instance , despite all of this thay say on their machine it is working.

I ask them to receive an enhanced DNG files from one of my Pentax files and they was so kind to send it to me. The enhanced file just prove what we all knows: AI NR in Adobe App is not working with Pentax file, at all.

I spent more than 4 hours for nothing, I have Adobe emails that says they have found a solution but it is not. I wasted my time and I felt like they are taking joke of me. End of the story.

PS I ask Pentax dealer here in Italy and the reply is, you can image: Adobe lightroom is not working ? Who cares! Is not something we can manage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer, just to let you know I appreciate your help but you can easly check the log of the issue I opened with Adobe (*) . You can easily notice that GPU, Driver, OS, does not have any relation with this issue.

The issue is only connected with Pentax files. There are prove of it.

Now I know you have to ask , because this is the procedure , the full list of specs of each single configuration but I am only trying to suggest you not waste your time.

(*) I can give you the issue number if it is not an issue with Adobe policy (one never know...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, after all What I said I received a call yesterday from Adobe, some minutes I post the replies. Strange ! They told me the issue stand in my poor 4GB graphic card (again), then they suggest me the issue was with a single file only (again). I rejected all this assumpions because I said and I prove them :

1) with my system I can denoise a NEF file easily

2) I cannot denoise any K3iii DNG or PEF file, not just one

My english is not so good but I think I understood he 'd have to talk with the expert to fix the issue in the next Ligthroom updates release .

Then I received an email that says "issue closed" .

For sure the issue is not close

If there is any LR user that has a Pentax K3III or a ricoh with a 8GB graphic card , could you please post your feedback here? Is the AI NR working on your machine?

I will open another case, at least until :.

1) they will fix it

2) they will admit K3iii is not 100% fully compatible with Adobe LR ( at the very end I cannot ask something they are not able to fix) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not own thankfully any dSLRs, so I downloaded a sample from dpreview... I have RTX4070 dGPU (12gb memory)... in my case Adobe's enhanced NR does "work" ( as you can see the difference between applied / not applied ) - but not something that I 'd call a great NR ... may be because Pentax already applies  NR to all raw files from K-III ( that you can't switch off ) and Adobe was not able to do better than this quite poor NR  ? 

AI NR.jpgNO NR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RAW files from several cameras here. Lightroom AI Denoise works perfectly fine on all of them - except for files from the Pentax KP and Pentax K-3 III. The results are consistently bad - either no visible noise reduction at all or blotches with slightly reduced noise. Both cameras produce RAW-Files with baked in noise-reduction (which can't be turned off). That may be the specific characteristic which Adobe has to investigate / train their AI for.

@danilot27785307 Yes, I have an 8GB graphics card and I strongly doubt that VRAM is the issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged the bug. See pinned reply by @RikkFlohr at the top. No fix yet so this must be a non trivial bug. It has nothing to do with GPU or other parts of the system and that was well established here by us all. It is just a bug where this doesn't work with pentax K3 and probably a few others. The support people on the phone are usually not at all aware of these so no surprise that they keep steering people in the wrong direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Na początku w wersji 12.3 dzialało super na plikach PEF nawet na slabej karcie graficznej. Zdjecia mozno zaszumione były dobrze odszumione. A teraz ostatnio to nie działa na plikach PEF i nawet DNG w Pentax-a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrzejv90126968AI Denoise works on PEFs from older cameras like K-5 and K-3(1). It doesn't work (and has never worked) on PEFs from  cameras which apply noise-reduction to the RAW-files, like KP, K-1 II and K-3 III.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A przedtem działał na plikach z Pentax k-3 Mark III 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prędzej to odszumiał pliki pef z Pentax k-3 Mark III 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ale tak czy inaczej powinni to zmienić. Powinno to działać. 

Votes

Translate

Translate