• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe lens profile downloader?

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the Adobe lens profile downloader and downloaded it.   However there is no support and I don't know how to install it or run it?   I have searched the various forums and they keep sending me to the DNG converter.  I don't want or need to use the converter if there is a profile downloader.   I went to this page to download it from Adobe .   It then shows a PDF file for instructions.  However the PDF file is incorrect as it is for the lens profile creator.  I don't want to create the profile, I want to download the existing one from Adobe and the downloader plug in should be the right tool.   For information purposes I use Lightroom 5.x and I want the profile for Pentax DA15 HD (I have the non-HD profile but it won't recognise it).   This should be so simple and common but I have searched and made no progress. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

For clarification, the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader is a tool for downloading lens profiles submitted by Adobe customers. Profiles available in the Downloader are not officially supported by Adobe.

As Jeff points out (Thanks, Jeff!), you can use the DNG Converter to install official lens profiles for use with Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop. You may not see the profiles show up in Lightroom since it stores lens profiles in a separate location from Camera Raw and Photoshop. However there is a work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

I believe if you install the newest adobe 9.12.1 dng converter, you'll get the adobe profile for that lens that became available in Lightroom 6.7 and should be available in your Lightroom 5.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

dng converter

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12.1

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12.1

I don't see a profile for that lens listed in the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.

Most of the profiles available in the Lens Profile Downloader are made by users and not adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarification, the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader is a tool for downloading lens profiles submitted by Adobe customers. Profiles available in the Downloader are not officially supported by Adobe.

As Jeff points out (Thanks, Jeff!), you can use the DNG Converter to install official lens profiles for use with Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop. You may not see the profiles show up in Lightroom since it stores lens profiles in a separate location from Camera Raw and Photoshop. However there is a workaround.

Depending on the operating system you are using, once you install the DNG Converter, you can copy the lens profile(s) you wish to use in Lightroom from the location where Camera Raw and Photoshop read them to a common location available to all three applications. Below is an example of how to accomplish this for Pentax lens profiles.

Location to copy from:

Windows

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Pentax\[profile you wish to use].lcp

Mac

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/Pentax/[profile you wish to use].lcp

Location to copy to:

Windows

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

Mac

/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0

Hope this helps.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 installed.  I found the location of my lens profiles but I don't know how to use the DNG converter to obtain the one profile that I need.   I did install AIR and then the downloader but it doesn't show the lens I want, just those I have.   I know it's there  because I found it at the ADOBE site.   I just need to download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the current version of the DNG converter will install the lens profiles to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\. You can copy the ones you need from this location to the common location I mentioned above (i.e. the "User" location).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the assistance.  I have installed the DNG converter.  However the path you list above does not exist.  After installing it and even a reboot I have the following under program files.       

The program ended up in the following folder.   I have drilled down through every folder and nothing shows Camera Raw or anything else that is listed above.   So I have found the executable file as shown below but I haven't found the support files or more specifically the lens profiles.   I can run Adobe DNG converter but I can't find the other files.  I have the most up to date version of Windows 10.  There is nothing even close under C:user.   Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved the problem and located the lens profiles. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly did you do / find to solve your issue glenb35364602?  I can't seem to find the correct spot either, and I have multiple user accounts, but none seem to match the lens corrections I have showing up in Lightroom 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Nutty.  Half is supported by users and half is supplied by Adobe.   It's a secrete where they put the files and the downloader!

(I haven't found it) I don't get it.   I really just wanted to try it in Lr and Ps to see if it saves me time from the extra step of going to DXO PhotoLab and using the Perspective Tool.

But then, It really doesn't get any better than that tool.  I should have known.   I'm using a Nikon D810 with a AF-S NIKKOR 20mm 1:1.8G

I use it for Architectural Interiors.  Straight Lines Matter.  DXO PhotoLab "Perspective" Takes that 20mm bend right out.  It's bad ass.

I truly appreciate all the time you gentlemen put in to help others.  It really is commendable.  Ill be sure to visit again.

Bye, bye,

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously doubt that any profiles you find in the adobe profile downloader are better than the adobe supplied lens correction profile

and as far as i know, adobe has discontinued support for the lens profile downloader.

Have you tried the Upright Transform available in camera raw?

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/automatic-perspective-correction-camera-raw.html

Lightroom has upright transform as well:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/guided-upright-perspective-correction.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice!

I'll give it a try..  

Here's DXO

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 11.50.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 11.50.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I don’t understand why this is so difficult.  I don’t want a profile that’s baked by a user I’d like genuine Adobe.  It used to be you pull down the lens in LR or PS and you were on your way.   Now it’s the crazy hand-jibe.

Where does one find the Adobe Supplied Lens Correction Profile.  If there isn’t a downloaded, how do I get it.

Thanks for your patience.

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work with Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom, the lens profiles are built in. If you do not find your lens (assuming your lens is relatively new), you will either need to update your copy of ACR and/or Lightroom or wait a short while because Adobe updates these all the time.

The one caveat to this is if you are using an older copy of the software (e.g., CS6 or Lightroom 6, than newer versions of the lens profiles will not work with software so old. One way around that for specific camera types is to use the DNG Converter but that will not necessarily help you with lens profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool.   I think I have it.

I only work in RAW so I should be banked and all my applications are up to date.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines