• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw editing is not enabled

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw option in Bridge 6 is dimmed and not available when I wont to edit a picture file in Camera Raw.

I got this message:
Camera Raw editing is not enabled

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature"

Any help will be highly appreciated

Best regards

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

I was having the same problem that the original poster was having (Camera Raw editing is not enabled.)  After tinkering around with some of the suggestions that were provided by some of the users on this form, I figured out what my problem was.  How I got it to work was simple.  I open a picture in Photoshop, doesn't what type, png, jpg, tiff. Then File>Browse in Bridge. Once Bridge is opened.  All I had to do is, highlight the image you want to open in Camera Raw, and a second image, doesn't ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Or, is the question from @Terry Carroll about opening TIFF and JPGs Through ACR?

This would be a Camera Raw Preference setting in Photoshop for TIF & JPG to appear in ACR..

2022-12-18 15_40_44-Clipboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ACR is shorthand for Adobe Camera Raw.

I would recommend to log out then log back in from your creative cloud account on the Creative Cloud Desktop app (sometimes shortened to CCD) and make sure that Photoshop shows you as connected. 
Camera Raw, as a plugin can be hosted in several applications, Bridge and Photoshop amongst them. Bridge being a free app, Camera Raw licensing requires a paid application license to be checked, hence the afore suggestion. Here's hoping that you'll be quickly able to resume working as before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My “two bits worth”.

ACR = Adobe Camera Raw

Adobe Camera Raw is a Plugin for Photoshop (it installs automatically with Photoshop) that allows photographers to render and edit raw camera files (NEF, ARW, CR3, etc).

When you select a raw file to open in Ps, this is the process-

RAW  >  ACR  >  PHOTOSHOP

TIF and JPG files are already rendered files and do not need the Adobe Camera Raw plugin.

When you select a Rendered file (TIF, JPG)  to open in Ps, this is the process-

TIF/JPG  >  PHOTOSHOP.   (Camera Raw is not needed or used)

However you DO have an option in PHOTOSHOP Camera Raw Preferences to ‘force’ rendered files (TIF JPG) through Camera Raw BEFORE the files open in PHOTOSHOP. (See my earlier post!)

TIF/JPG  >  ACR  >  PHOTOSHOP. 

If you use Lightroom-Classic (or Lightroom) then Lightroom-Classic becomes your Camera Raw editor and an [Edit-In] Photoshop will pass a raw image directly to Photoshop.

When you select any image to open in Ps, this is the process-

IMAGE  >  PHOTOSHOP  (Camera Raw works invisibly).

(Note: There is also a “Camera Raw “ FILTER within Photoshop, but this ‘Filter’ is using the rendered RGB pixels, and not the original raw data of a raw file.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rob,

Thanks for that information. I used to open everything in Camera Raw -
jpegs and tiffs until my operating system on the MAC went down. I had to
reinstall Photoshop and will also reinstall the facility for opening
everything in RAW which was a feature I liked a lot.

Cheers

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines