• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw is Super laggy on AMD CPU

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a high-end AMD desktop. 2700X+32GB RAM. It was getting slow this year. I tried it on a fresh Windows 10 with CC 2019 and CC 2020.

When I clicking different photos you can see it takes about 2-3 seconds to load the next photo. They are not 100MP photos, they are just 24MP small RAW files. The same files on cheap Intel laptops are much faster than AMD. 

Video:

The funny thing is. If I am using a portable PS, without lens and color profiles. It runs really fast on my same AMD computer! 

Look!

So I have to say the cracked PS is better than the Real PS?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it  possible that the laptop has an SSD, and the desktop a regular hard drive? Also are the graphic cards comparable?

could you post the help>System info... from both machines? Is it the same Camera Raw/Ps version?

did you reset preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2700X comes with a GTX1060 GPU and my laptop is a i5 7200U with only 4GB RAM. They are using the same APP. They are all using SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be because since version 11.2, ACR forces DirectX on Windows 10 computers - at least in my case. OpenGL was significantly faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines