• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw recent updates all very slow or not working ,including 12.4

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many years of stable performance of camera raw. this year has been a disaster.

In June there was an update to a  diferent UI version 13, the sliders refused to move and I wondered what else had changed in my computer.

I went into the start up apps and eliminated most of them, Photoshop loaded fine and has never shown any problems, it is always Raw that is the culprit.

A kind reader recommened I rolled  back to 12.2, and the problems went away for just over a day, when suddenly it went back to no slider control.

I cant begin to say how many times I have gone back and forth on this problem, I was even desparate enought to try DXO, only to find their latest version does not support my Nikon D6!

Today I saw an annouccment that Raw 12.4 had been released, I wenr through every thing agin,and its still a dud. I am sure Adobe has some very talented people, I enjoy seing the CEO on TV explaining whats going with AI and Adobe, but clearly in the trenches there is a  programmer that by this time is geting really frazzled, as I am too. I have Windows 10. 32 MB memroy and an NVIDIA game card instsalled.

sincerely

William

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

This has to be almost unbelievable. From the previous reply I wonderd if Acronis 2020, though removed from the Start Up list, was active even when not called for.

After a complete unistall of Acronis and after a reboot I ran PS with the latest ACR 12.3

Everything is perfect, all the sliders run smoothly and I even now like the new interface!

I am appalled that Acronis would  apparently allow this to happen, but I want to thank all the members of the comunity for their help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you can see from my article above (see second sentence), I have uninstalled Acronis True Image.
However, after installing more other software, I still have the same problem with the cropping tool. It does not react immediately.
If, similar to Acronis, there were already new findings/solutions, I would not have to test all new installations laboriously one after the other to find and remove the culprit

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have found the cause of my problem with the cropping tool. After I installed ACR13, I did a driver update for my graphics card, which obviously led to the error, because since the installation of the old driver it works fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

Je parle très mal anglais donc vous pourrez traduire ma réponse. En voyant le post ci dessus, j'ai moi aussi désinstallé Acronis 2021, et depuis,  la version 13 de Camera raw fonctionne parfaitement.sans ralentissements ni blocages

J'avaisi laissé CS 6 installé sur mon PC au cas ou...... Comme j'ai pu le lire dans un autre post, après essai, la version ACR de l'époque CS6, fonctionne parfaitement. avec moins de fonctionnalités il est vrai que la version 13.  Le défaut d'utilisation de camera raw 13, (en ce qui me concerne), vient d'Acronis.

Mais attendons, je n'ai pas encore  éteint le PC, redémarré, ce genre de choses.......

J'ai vu aussi qu'il y avait un problème avec les drivers AMD. ADOBE a communiqué sur ce point. Pas de chance j'ai une carte n vidia.

Bonne soirée à tous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable or not, this is the problem. I've had this problem for a while, ARC has been useless. Move one slider and the numbers change but the slider doesn't move. You can go and make a pot of coffee before you can do anything else. The program basically freezes. I was always waiting for a fix in the next update but no avail Right now version 13.1.

Same problem so I went to the task manager and ended Acronis (2020) Active Protection Service and Voila, ARC smokes. All the sliders move and you can see the effect right away like it used to be.

Thank you very much for this advice. I can assure everybody that turning off the Acronis service fixed my prolem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was skeptical, but tried this and it worked for me.  Before uninstalling Acronis, a white balance in CR was taking 20+ seconds on a 36MP image.  After, it is almost instantaneous.  NUC 8i7HVK, i7-8809G, 4GHz, 32MB

PS 22.0.1, CR 13.02.6.44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knoweldge I do not have Acronis but ACR 13.1 gives me all the problems described by others here whilst running on my mac (OS is Big Sur). PS and Bridge 2021 are both fine. I tried going back to ACR 12.4 but that didn't work either. Any suggestions? Are Adobe doing anything about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!!! I have a very powerful laptop but it is getting old and I was getting ready to fork out large amounts of money to  get a new laptop that would hopefully improve photoshop's printing and camera raw responses. Would never have even considered Acronis as being at all relevant. I stopped all Acronis programs in Task Manager and suddenly the nightmare is over. I only use Acronis to back up to external hard drives so don't need it to run all the time. Will need to turn it off in TM each time until I work out how to stop it loading or get different back up option.

Thank you everyone that worked this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As somebody said before I have just disabled the option "Active Protection" Acronis True Image 2018 (w/o uninstall the this application) and ACR 13.1 runs fine. Fixed problem! Best pf luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines