• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votre appareil photo est tout simplement trop jeune. Vous devez attendre la sortie d'une nouvelle version de Lightroom. Et comme indiqué dans le premier message ci-dessus, il n'y a pas de date annoncée. Une solution porrait être d'utiliser le programme de Sony et d'exporter des Tiffs 16 bits, ou si supporté de convertir vers DNG. (Le convertisseur gratuit d'Adobe DNG converter ne supporte pas encore votre caméra)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will not open Sony A6700 RAW files, even though Photoshop does. Is this a Camera Raw or Lightroom issue?

I also notice that Camera Raw 15.5 has binned some of my custom profiles and they won't re-import as it says they are already there when they are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous, est-il encore normal à ce jour 16 Aout 2023, que Lightroom Classic, ne reconnait encore, pas les fichiers Raw du Sony Alpha 6700?

Merci pour votre concours, et me faire connaitre la manoeuvre permettant d'activer cela, bien sur, si possible.

Raphael Boyer de l'ile de la Réunion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Sony a6700 be supported? Even after 15.5 it's you're unable to open raw Sony A6700 files in Lightroom?

Where is a list of all the supported cameras / formats? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A6700 was added to 15.5 so if you can't open them something is wrong in your installation or you're shooting reduced resolution raw files which are usually not supported right away. 

Camera list is the very first link you get when googling "camera support lightroom": https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would compressed Raw make a difference? Sony has that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"you're unable to open raw Sony A6700 files in Lightroom?"

You need to update to LR 12.5. In LR, do the menu command Help > Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently bought Sony A6700 and cannot upload images into LR Classic as it does not accept the files.  It says " the files cannot be opened by LR" and "Preview unavailable for this file" as the files are ARW. 

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700, which has been out for a couple of months now, can use LR normally.  Meanwhile I pay Adobe every month for using their services but cannot use the services because it does not upload my images to LR because they are ARW files.  A bit slack Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much John.  I looked last week but it was still not there but obviously I looked before it went in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit slack, Maria.

As is so often the case - user error, not Adobe error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to be rude about it.  I was online with a customer service agent at Adobe just a few days ago and they told me they will get to it sometime in the future.  They obviously did not know where to check and it was already done, and they work there!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

I am sure this has been answered before. I have searched articles, but there are too many confussing threads and anserwes (I am old). Lol. My gifted Nikon D780 is great, but I have photoshop CS6 and the raw files cannot be proccessed using CS6 & Bridge on windows 10 PC. I attempted to download the latest update (twice) but no joy. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug - moving to Supported Cameras thread. <mod>

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michael318,

The Nikon D780 requires camera raw 12.2 or newer, but since Photoshop CS6 can only support up to camera raw 9.1.1, you'll need to use the Adobe DNG Converter 15.5 to make dng copies of the D780 nefs which should then open in Photoshop CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff. Thak you for your response. I have actually seen the 'DNG support' repsonse beofre and downloaded the software a few times, but that just droe me round the bend, so I gave up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Jeff (and thanks). It has taken me a couple of days of fiddling, tearing my hair out to be able to work out how to use the DNG conversion software. I initialy also rang Nikon who just advised me to use their awfull 'NX processing software'. I now have a greater understanding as to possibly one of the reasons there are so many used Nikon D780's on the used market. This is a pathetic sittuation in so-called modern times!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon D780 is fully supported by the current versions of Lightroom and camera raw so all you need is to get the current Lightroom or Photoshop version. If you want to stay with the very old CS6 version, just use the dng converter. It's a bit wonky in how you make it convert your files (it only converts folders of files, not individual files which is indeed weird) but works great for this purpose and is free. Seeing many D780's second hand probably has much more to do with people switching to mirrorless cameras than lack of support in a software version that hasn't been supported itself for a very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

is there any possibility to add Canon EOS R6 mark II to supported camera list of Lightroom Classic? Camera Raw does support the camera but Lr Classic does not. Is there any way to add that camera SDK to the application soon so I can make pictures in the studio with the new camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon R6 Mark II is already supported by Lightroom Classic.You need Lightroom 12.x.

The camera is already supported by CameraRAW 15.x.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not supported yet: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

It is supported by Camera Raw only as you mentioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to "Tether Support " in Lightroom Classic that is different than Raw support for a Camera in Lightroom Classic/ Camera Raw, normally that happens several versions latter.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camrea RAW supports the a6700 from v15.5 & Lightroom from v6.5, or you can just use the latest version of the DNG Converter (v14+).

I can resist anything except temptation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Yesterday I received my new Sony A7CR. After 5 years I finally replaced my A7iii. 
I am using a Sony THOUGH V60 SD-card.

Problem: 
Adobe Lightroom doesn't read the RAW (uncompressed or compressed) file from the camera. All my Adobe products are up-to-date and my MacOs as well running the new Sanoma 14.0. When I import the RAW file to Lightroom it shows a large grey screen with a (!) where normally the photo is visible. HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines