• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Panasonic GH6 was announced on Feb 22. LR usually supports a major-manufacturer camera in the release following the announcement or sometimes the release after that. On average, there's a new release of LR every 8 weeks (57.3 days).  LR 11.2 was released Feb 8, so we might see 11.3 early April. Since the GH6 was announced early in the release cycle, there's a good chance it will be supported in 11.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking about getting a Fuji XT4 Will Lightroom support this model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11.2 (the current version) does support the Fuji XT4. Please read this note aobut HDR RAF support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on why Lightroom isn't allowing me to view and edit the new Panasonic GH6 .RW2 raw files? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this list - https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html - the GH6 isn't yet supported by any version of Lightroom. Looks like it was released just after the current version of LrC 11.2 was released, so if things take their normal course you might expect to see support added in 11.3 (whenever that is released).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Jim's reply, LR releases a new version every 8 weeks. So we might expect to see LR 11.3 in early April.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, received my new Lumix GH6 last week and as ADobe Lightroom can't read its RAW files (.rw2), my workflow is broken. Hundreds of people are in the process of getting theirs, posting here in hope you could prioritize its support. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on past experience with LR's support for cameras from major manufacturers, LR 11.3 will probably support the GH6, and LR 11.3 will probably be released in early April.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently facing issues importing my CR3 Raw photos file from my new R5C into lightroom/ photoshop. It's saying the file is unsupported or damaged. This doesn't make sense to me, because it's effectively an R5 in photo mode? So shouldn't everything just be compatible? Hopefully there'll be an update soon! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this list - https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html - the R5C isn't yet supported by Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon EOS R5 C was announced 1/19/22, just a few weeks before the release of LR 11.2, and it appears to have just started shipping:

https://www.canonrumors.co/tag/canon-eos-r5c/ 

Though it's likely very similar to the R5, there's always the possibility of hardware or firmware changes, so Adobe generally won't release raw support for a camera until it has a production version in its hands.  

In general, support for a new camera from a major manufacturer usually comes out in the release following the announcement, sometimes in the release following that.  LR releases about every eight weeks on average, so we might expect to see LR 11.3 in early April.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a monthly full suite user and have auto updates on all the time - everything is up to date bro - so we wait LOL!!! and hopefully Adobe do the right thing and get going asap LOL!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, kurze Frage weiß jemand ab wann geplant ist dass ein Update kommt für die GH6 damit man die RAW Bilder in LrC bearbeiten kann?

Ich habe das Problem auf einer Produktion und bin sehr enttäuscht dass es hier kein Update gibt. 

danke & vg,

Jan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not announce updates in advance.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks, I'm hoping they'll update it soon though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die Kamera ist ja erst gerade mal ca. 1 Monat auf dem Markt !?!

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Und jetzt? Lightroom ist ein Tool für Profis und ich arbeite gewerblich mit der Kamera. Ist ja kein Hexenwerk das in der software zu erweitern. Solange es nicht funktioniert kann ich die Kamera nicht verwenden. FinalCut z.B. hat bereits ein Update und ich kann das Footage der GH6 benutzen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Komische Aussage.

Die neue OM1 ist auch direkt, oder sogar kurz vor release kompatibel gewesen. Kam mit dem Februar Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I just bought Canon R5c and i am having trouble importing .cr3 images into Lightroom Classic and any other adobe product . It gives me error that files aare unsupported or damaged. I tried converting images in Adobe DNG converter but ran into same problem with the error "There was an error parsing the files" .

Camera Raw and Adobe lightroom are up to date . 

Please help me out as i have client waiting for the pictures .

P.S.: Images work fine in Luminar Neo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Adobe Camera Raw supported cameras table, the R5 C is not yet supported. Only the R5 is currently supported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does PS 23.2.2, ACR 14.2 & LR 11.2 fully support the OM 1 camera?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Olympus OM-D E-M1 has been supported for a long time. Is that the model you are referring to? If not, what is the exact model of the camera in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but the OM Digital Solutions OM1 is the one I was asking about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that OM Digital Systems (OMDS) has acquired Olympus so you're asking about the OMDS OM-1 Mirrorless released in Feb 2022?

OM-1 support was added in the latest (7 Feb 2022) Camera Raw updates ACR 14.2 and LR Classic 11.2

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines