• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import cr3 files from my camera on a regular basis. Do you have the subscription to Lightroom and is it updated? If you have a non-subscription version, it will not import .CR3 files. In that case you would need to convert the files to .dng and import those files to Lightroom. Adobe has a free program to convert files to .dng.

Maury Kahn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

any ideas when can we get Mavic 3, Hasselblad L2D-20c camera support? 

Color management of DNG files within LR, PS and Co. does not work! 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salve, ho bisogno di un aggiornamento urgete di CameraRaw per photoshop e lightroom, perchè non l'ultimo aggiornamento Sony A7 IV non sono supportati i file .ARW. Grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After the new update of Sony A74, that introduced the M and S sizes for compressed RAW, this is the result... 

How is the update planned? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!!!! AHTUNG!!! ALERTA!!!

sony a7m4 (a7iv) new firmware 1.10. new format : "s RAW" dont work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sergey26166183v9rn wrote:

UPDATE!!!! AHTUNG!!! ALERTA!!!

sony a7m4 (a7iv) new firmware 1.10. new format : "s RAW" dont work 😞

So there was no "s RAW" prior to the firmware update or it has changed due to the fireware?

If you have such a raw, maybe you can share it with Adobe (begging the question, why didn't Sony)? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why the Canon Camera EOS R5 C is not recognized in Lightroom for tethering? With the
EOS R5, it works fine.

• Classic LR version: 11.5
  • MacOS: Monterey 12.5.1

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The R5 C seems not yet supported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

I'd expect it to be supported with the next LrC drop. Actually, no one here really knows, except someone from Adobe jumps in here.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, yes it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with this. My whole process is based on shooting tethered so can't wait for tethered support for the R5C.

Please Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the recent posts requesting tethering for the Canon EOS R5 C should have been merged into the Tethering Support Requests thread instead:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-tethering-support-requests-and-inform...

LR uses the Canon and Nikon camera SDKs to implement tethering, and according to this page, the Canon SDK doesn't yet support the EOS R5 C:

https://developers.canon-europe.com/developers/s/article/Latest-EOS-SDK-Version-13-x 

Once Canon releases a new version of their SDK supporting the camera, it will typically be incorporated in LR in its next release or two.  (LR releases about every 8 weeks.)

The camera was announced in January and started shipping in April, so it seems users should be directing their feedback to Canon to get support added to the SDK:

https://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/slrs/canon_eosr5c

https://www.canonrumors.co/tag/canon-eos-r5c/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a big problem. Lightroom can't open the new sony a74 raw small/medium files!!!! What can i do? I have to edit the photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these raw types are not supported yet, then you'll have to use the Sony software for the time being.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

There you'll find a list which cameras are supported actually and which version of Lightroom, Photoshop and Camera Raw you need.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'ai mis à jour mon Sony A7IV vers la derniere version du microprogramme, j'ai testé la compression sans perte M. Tout s'affiche parfaitement sur mon boitier, sur mes vignette lightroom (les 2 versions) mais dès l'import, ça bug.

Voici une image de la vignette ainsi que le resultat de l'import.

Qui aurait une solution ?

Merci d'avance

PS : j'ai testé de transfomer le RAw via Viewer de sony, mais rien n'y fait.

Lightroom 23_09_2022 10_52_53.pngLightroom 23_09_2022 10_53_12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those newer proprietary raws are not yet supported. 

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-and-information-ne...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Im a user LRC, and i have a Sony A7 IV, Win 10 and latest version LRC. Today I wanted inport my RAW files in Lightroom, its succes but when I try edited photo in Develop section my photo every time was damaged a pink glitch! It's annoying. I used Medium compress RAW in A7 IV, but this is happening for any RAW in A7. Guys, do you have any my solution. Screen attached in post. Greetings, Dawid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a corrupted file, caused by a hardware malfunction somewhere. The problem could be any piece of hardware that "touches" the photo, including bad camera card, bad transfer to the computer, hard disk malfunction, memory chip malfunction (and maybe one or two other things that I can't think of right now). You need to trouble-shoot these issues — one place to start is (if possible) transfer the photos from the camera card to the computer AGAIN using different hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run across this with a damaged camera card. Experience has taught me that even though reformatting the card might fix the problem for now that it is best to replace the card.

Try a different card to see whether the issue persists.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This week I used a two different cards on my A7IV but its not solved my problem. Does anyone have any other idea? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggested a number of othe possibilities earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem. So, A7 IV have a compressed RAW options in 5 specs, full compressed, (S)mall compressed, (M)edium compressed, (L)arge and none copressed RAW. When you use a full, (S)mall and (M)edium compressed raw files, your photo will be damage and non opened in Develop section Adobe. But when you use Large and none copressed files, everything will be fine, and you can editing every photo. So, I will report the problem to Sony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the EXACT same issue. I could not figure out why my photos were importing pink (they look just like yours). When I switched my camera settings to Full Raw instead of compressed RAW, everything is back to being fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put your camera on regular RAW instead of "compressed RAW", you won't have this issue in future. They should still imprt correctly into photoshop. It's just lightroom that it messes up on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines