• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nickpowellphotography wrote:

Well well well... I didn't even think of trying Luminar, and it only works!!  So why can Luminar do it and Adobe can't?? 

Adobe can do it and will do it. They have a bit more on their plate and a differing release schedule than Luminar.

Now if you can show that all 3rd party raw converters have support prior to Adobe doing so, that would be an interesting observation. Can you? 

The fact is, Luminar, and Capture1, and Irident Develop and Adobe to name a few, all have to spend engineering time and money doing all this when it shouldn't have to be done in the first place. And you get to wait. So who's at fault for all this? Sony, Nikon, Canon (to again name a few). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On1 photo raw works too with a7iv raws.

LUCA VIOLA [Fotografo]

Cell +39 335.1377087

P.IVA 10717570013
Associato TAU Visual n. 9002

Professionista operante in attività non soggetta a registrazione ad ordini o collegi ai sensi della legge 4/2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it and it didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I have been shooting with my new Sony A7IV can you advise when LrC and Photoshop will be updated so that I am able to edit raw files.

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, apparently you have to wait (until when? who knows...)... I hope you are happy like me to have purchased your gear at first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to ask you, when will be support Nikon Z9? I still can’t import *NEF files. I have latest version of Lightroom Classic & Camera raw.

Thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody got an idea when there will be support for the Sony A7iv? I've got the camera for more than a week now, and I can't edit photo's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will likely follow their regular procedure, no announcement, release new Camera model support with regular Lightroom/ Adobe Camera Raw updates. Updates have been every two and half to three months in recent times.

Surely the Camera manufacturer provided you with software, for the camera they sold you, to enable you process the raw files that the camera produces.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct answer: Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don't know.

That said, you should expect camera support 'soon' as Adobe needs time after a camera release to get ahold of the proprietary raw, figure out the tiny differences from the last and update the software. That means enginerring, testing by pre-release and  docupmentation updates. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again this is not serious and more over not acceptable for worldwild and leader companies as Adobe and Sony.

I am not trying to say who is right or wrong... It is just unfairful for their clients, and more over for pros. What they do behind the scene is their business, what they are suppose to do is satisfy their clients. The camera been announced for quite a while and been shipped for weeks.

Excusing Adobe to take is time to a routing job as adding new cameras is irrelevant. This is probably the most routing task they have to do on their updates. More over when it's about a Sony (top manufacturer) and a very awaited product... They both should be proactive, unless being in the leader position place you in a such conforatble place that your clients (who pay monthly) can wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me empower you to do so: Cull your photos on your camera with star ratings (set to a button) or use Sonys Desktop "Viewer" software - it believe its as fast as PhotoMechanic cause it uses the baked in JPG to preview (i cull all my weddigns with it) then export your favorite pictures into 16bit TIFF, YES THEY'RE HUGE - but you can import those into LR and work as long as you wait for the update. I belive there also might be some way to convert those TIFFs wird 3rd party SW to DNGs, but iam fine with it for now- 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very disappointing, but also can understand the situation, because the camera is very new. Just would expect that a corporation like Adobe could also work with the camera like Youtube influencers did back in october.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User wrote:

Very disappointing, but also can understand the situation, because the camera is very new. Just would expect that a corporation like Adobe could also work with the camera like Youtube influencers did back in october.

Making a YouTube video isn't that difficult or time consuming. 

Reverse engineering a raw (an unnecessary task but one the manufacturers make all software companies do), then creating camera profiles, then testing this internally and then with outside testers, then building installers for multiple platforms, then documenting the changes takes time. 

NONE of this happening just after a camera release would be necessary if the camera manufacturers would either stick to an openly document raw format (they have no issues doing this with JPEG) or allow Adobe and others access to their proprietary camera raws in advance of their shipping a new camera. They do not. 

There seems to be strong opinions about how software should be developed, by people (AFAIK) having no experience developing software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True Adobe is such a tiny company with a handful of developpers... And surely Sony don't care to have their camera shipped and not working with standard software... Once I don't say who's right or wrong, just not fair for their clients. On the top of we don't even know when we will be able to use our camera with our subscription...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bert - MYS wrote:

And surely Sony don't care to have their camera shipped and not working with standard software...

Their cameras ship with their own "Standard' software which works on day one; which is their goal for some odd reason. 

You are indeed correct, it isn't fair. The raw is YOUR data. Like the JPEG. This silly dance has gone on for decades. Perhaps if customers spent as much time complaining about this to the people who make their cameras and pay a lot of money for them, this would stop happening. And how hard would it be for any camera manuftacturer to add one more menu option for selection of saving the raw as DNG? You pick: JPEG, DNG (usable the day a camera ships) and proprietary raw with proprietary metadata only their converters can use (because their software is SO much better <g>). 

Complaining to Adobe will not change the camera makers from doing what they've been doing for decades. 

Look at the date here (2006) and how long some folks have been trying to get this fixed, for Adobe and all other software companies:

https://www.openraw.org/about/index.html

"I'm not about talking and finger-pointing and complaining. I'm about getting things done." - Christine Quinn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will support for Sony A7 IV come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-and-information/m-...

In reality, no one can answer that question. We are either under NDA and can't specify or, some will just guess. 

Adobe is working on this, that much I can say. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets keep our A7 III cameras and hope for Jan/Feb 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Lightroom classic support Sony A7 IV files yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,when can we use the RAW files from Sony A 7IV ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Push!

Really need the implementation as soon as possible.

#A7IV #LightroomClassic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When is de raw support for the Sony A7 IV available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephan22058247ajij wrote:

Hi! When is de raw support for the Sony A7 IV available?

See the correct answer above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines