• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Button!!!!

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am incredibly upset about the removal of the preview button in Camera Raw. It has completely interrupted my workflow. I don't mind the ADDITION of new features for those who make take advantage of them, but the REMOVAL of perfectly good features that many of us are used to using is asinine and if you can't tell I am rather upset about it. Please for the sake of god bring it back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 181 Replies 181
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see adobe has an update to Creative Cloud. Not Photoshop, not Photoshop CC but Creative Cloud. Last time they did this, there was a massive bug and I couldn't even get onto Creative Cloud at all. Apparently, they (meaning Adobe) realized this and sent a second update (which I did not get a prompt for but just accidentally stumbled upon) an hour or so later.  With what happened to RAW, I am understandably hesitant to update anything. So, has anyone downloaded this latest? Any problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it, no problems. Well, one. When I open CC, I get a blank panel for Home. If I pick another panel then go back to Home, it's populated. Otherwise, ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean when you open the creative cloud link (not photoshop cc or RAW)? Thanks, truly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Click Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC set to notify me of updates but not to automatically open when I turn on the computer. Due to some glitch in Adobe's records I kept getting kicked off CC, which meant I couldn't even open Photoshop CC, which is a huge problem if you are off the grid somewhere and can't get onto the internet to sign in.  So my contact at Adobe suggested setting it like this and it solved the problem. The only difference I see now with the newly updated CC panel is it shows me updates I did back more than half a year. Meanwhile, on the matter of Raw, I plan to wait for the formal update since there may be more tweaking and I'm not going out of town for a bit. Thks for ALL your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ycardozo wrote:

You say ctl-alt-p is a hot key for individual panels…

You're confusing me with someone else.    I have never said such a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All photo editors these days have bloat. Navigating through them to find gems like this is never ending. I paid for an add-on to DxO Pro to do similar which doesn't even come close!

My subscription runs out this month. I may switch to PS/LR only and cut $30/month from costs. But then, having the rest of the programs is enticing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

…gems like this

Your gem shall remain hidden, as your link returns a "Sorry, this page is not available" error message.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This RC does have a flaw: The Ctrl-Alt-P doesn't work, at least on my computer.

This was a Windows-only bug that has been fixed for the final version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment, I am not running the RC. With no other proof of interaction but a series of bewildering ntdll.dll problems which has shown up repeatedly after upgrading to 8.5, I've decided to wait it out.

The connection is tenuous at best, if at all. I tend not to believe it but I do need to go on with my work. With 8.5 installed, all my images crash PS when Print is invoked. 8.4.1.200, I have one file only that crashed PS, and that one can be fixed by changing the Color Profile from ProPhoto to AdobeRGB or sRGB. Curiously, other images with ProPhoto color spaces don't crash! However, the multiplicity of crashes with 8.5 running is too much to ignore.Many of these are tiffs which open first in ACR. The one image that crashes PS while running 8.4 crashes as a .psd and it doesn't go through ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ycardozo wrote:

A couple of questions...is this release of 8.5 a beta version?

Of course it is.  RC = Release Candidate means a very advanced beta version that ADobe feels confident it is safe to release to the general public, but would like to test a bit further.

In all my 29 years as an Adobe customer and former customer (since 1985) I have never seen an ASdobe RC release pulled back or changed before the GM release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

I hope this takes the swagger out of a certain party we all know and love!

Nope...because what you don't know is that behind the scenes, I really DID try to get the ACR engineers to reconsider the per panel preview and was told it wouldn't happen. But, to Max's credit, he figured out a way to show a default toggle and did the work to put it in. Note, it's NOT the same as the old behavior but seems to address the major points the users here on this thread were clamoring for. So, you can thank Max for his hard work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! I actually didn't think it would change your behavior.

What you say you did behind the scenes matters not at all so far as your swagger when appearing on these pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max,

My sincere thanks for your first class response. You have done a super job which delivers all that was required and more.   It is very gratefully received and much appreciated.  Thanks again.

All best wishes

Thom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it and then come back. Use Backup to backup your computer first, then if you don't like it go to the backup to get back.

Or try it on your laptop first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a short tutorial video about the new Preview features - I hope you find this useful!

New Preview Features in Adobe Camera Raw 8.5 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was VERY helpful. It gives a good understanding of how all this works. Thanks Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto that, Max. Thanks. Now I have a baseline to see what's happening with the buttons.

Maybe I'll try split toning sometime as well. Lord knows, I've tried to do that outside RAW. (Split toning has generally meant to me some rather outrageous moves as I've seen in analog days!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a case like this, I would actually normally make that kind of edit using the tone curve on the blue channel. For the video, though, I wanted a clear case of two unrelated (UI-wise) adjustments being previewed together.

Which isn't to knock split tone at all - sometimes it's much easier to use it. It's just a bit of a bigger hammer than I would have normally used in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where to go with this problem. I did the updates for CC on my laptop. Now I seem to have gained a separate version of Photoshop CC called Photoshop CC 2014. It appears to be a totally unupdated version. Normally I could care less but now, I can't open images from Bridge to my regular CC program. I double click on the RAW image, CC shows up and ... nothing. Then I have to open this 'ghost' Photoshop CC 2014 program and the RAW image will open in that. I have no idea what this 'new' version of CC is, only that it has absolutely no updates. It's version 14.0.0 and the straight Photoshop CC is 14.2.1. And when I check with the Creative Cloud panel, it says everything is up to date.

I purposely didn't update my desktop computer but when I just checked the Adobe Creative Cloud panel, an update for the creative cloud poped up and wouldn't let me ignore it and continue on to the other panels. In other words, I can't see what else is going on. It's either update Creative Cloud or do nothing on the desktop. I wonder what would happen if I uninstalled Photoshop CC 2014 on the laptop...whether it would somehow screw up my original Photoshop CC. 

I have tried going to my Windows Explorer (my directory finder) and have clicked on a RAW image and told it to default to Photoshop CC but every time I go back to Windows Explorer, the open command has shifted back to the CC 2014 program. I am totally stumped. I am on windows 7 on both the destkop and laptop.

Has anyone else encountered this? It's linked to all those updates that came out recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version should be PS-CC-2014.0.0 not PS-CC-14.0.0. In other words Adobe’s decided to use the year, since there isn’t a perpetual-license version, now.

PS CC 2014 doesn’t support Flash extensions, only HTML5, and some old things have been removed so Adobe didn’t remove CC 14.x when they installed 2014.x.

Here is a blog entry about what got removed: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2014/04/photoshop-spring-cleaning.html

As far as your issue about an image not opening in ACR, anymore, from Bridge, that is usually remedied by uninstalling and reinstalling PS CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if I just uninstall PS CC 2014. It doesn't have anything I want and seems to have created new problems. Or is this the way updates are going from now on. What a mess. When it comes time to finally update CC on my desktop, can I just ignore CC 2014?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2014 is likely going to have updates going forward, not CC 14, so if you want to stop updating CC, go ahead, but I’d suggest getting CC 2014 working, instead.

I personally haven’t had any problems with CC 2014, but did have a problem with LR 5.5 that clearing out the SLCache folder fixed.

I think the “it’s a mess” happened because the developers and testers were overwhelmed this time with getting things ready for the big Adobe “the cloud is new again” announcement that was scheduled a month or two in advance, and apparently didn’t have time to get everything working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! Fix it in Battle!

Horsepucky, unless Adobe wishes to cover losses when using CC2014 in it's crippled state.

And, of course, I know that workaround. It does work if your file does not need to go to ACR first, like a .psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines