• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Move the Dehaze slider near the Clarity slider (in Basic Panel)

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Dehaze effect is great! After setting the white balance, that new slider is my next big thing to move.The type of adjustment feels more like the same kind as the Clarity adjustment.Now I have to scroll all the way down to the Effects panel to use Dehaze. To me it would me way more logically to have the Dehaze near the Clarity slider. That would save a lot of time, scrolling through panels up and down, again and again. Thanks!

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
Advocate ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem with the Dehaze slider is that it is a global effect. That is usually NOT what I want. Normally it is the sky and far distance that have the haze, and applying the dehaze filter does a reasonable job on that haze, but it ruins the foreground. So I have to use the brush to get rid of the dehaze effect on the foreground.

So I would like to see the dehaze slider in the Graduated Filter. Then it would be much more useful.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I agree. Can you please make a new feature request of it? Because it's a different thing. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this slider really needs to be in the basic panel and ideally right beside clarity. They are so similar yet so different at the same time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my thoughts. It feels completely logic, that the Dehaze should be right next to Clarity.
And this is interesting: Now with the new LR update, we have Dehaze as local adjustment, and here the Dehaze has found its place between Clarity and Saturation.
So I assume, that the idea of putting Dehaze next to Clarity already has some resonance at Adobe. Let us hope that it falls into place in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems counter-intuitive to have DeHaze in Effects. Effects are things one might apply to create a "special effect" on an image that has already been tweaked to perfection. DeHaze is a mainstream correction that might need to be applied as one of the first adjustments in the tweaking process. Having the DeHaze Slider in the "Presence" section seems like the perfect place as if Clarity is part of "Presence", then certainly DeHaze belongs there as well. As Lars has indicated, in local adjustments it is already next to Clarity so it is time to move it in the main edit panels as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there is a good reason to separate the Dehaze slider from all the rest that affect global toning and color, but the only reason I can come up with is it might be grouped in the FX area is that Adobe wants to hide it from Photoshop Elements users and its easier to hide it if it's in a tab in the Camera Raw plug-in they already hide instead of having to mess with the Basic toning area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, how about moving the Dehaze slider from the bottom of the module to the Basic section between the Clarity and Vibrance sliders)? The same location it is in the brush options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vote no. The clarity slider is not a good global adjustment and should not take up space in the main work area. I only ever use it as a brush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, you mean the Dehaze slider? Thanks for the perspective on global adjustments!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vote Yes. As a heavy user of Dehaze it would save me a lot of mouse travel if this slider were grouped with the basic section. It's an adjustment I need all the time - in varying amounts. Having it coupled with Clarity makes a lot of sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! Absolutely. This would drastically improve editing workflow. As for the "No" comments, if they move it, you do not need to use it unless you want to. As for it being a global effect, what on the basic panel is not a global effect. As it has been added to the local adjustment panels (graduated filters and brush) we can have both global and local use of dehaze. As it is not a creative effect, it seems out of place in Effects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dehaze control affects the behavior of ALL the Basic panel controls. IMHO-Placing it (or should I say hiding it) in the Effects panel makes absolutely no sense (i.e. nonsense)! I find Dehaze very useful for normal subject images that have various issues caused by other than atmospheric haze or fog. Because of its location I've created Dehaze Develop presets (0, +20, +40, etc.) to make it easier to apply while I'm making Basic panel adjustments. Just a further indication that it belongs in the Basic panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! Please move the Dehaze slider up to Presence, near clarity! It is a big old PITA having to scroll down there every time when it is a similar tool. Would greatly improve our workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really surprised that this was requested 3 years ago and nothing has been done. It would appear to be a simple fix for something that just makes sense. Curious, does Adobe even read these Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to be mean to Adobe, but I moved to Capture One for doing my professional work. This enabled me to arrange my own workspace with exactly the tools I need and in my preferred order. By switching I gained 2 full days a week of extra free time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooohh, arranging for your preference, that is nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Curious, does Adobe even read these Ideas?

They do! The number of votes are taken into account when considering feature requests though, and this has only garnered 21 in 3 years, so it'd be difficult to argue it's top priority. Hopefully soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! Please move the Dehaze slider up to Basic Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria,

I realize the "votes" logic does make sense but having the slider in "Effects" does not make sense. DeHaze is not an effect but rather a necessary correction for some images. It should, if logic were to dictate, be located in the presence section of the basic panel.

I agree, I hope they move it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the new update coming out may have the Dehaze moved up!

https://theblog.adobe.com/april-lightroom-adobe-camera-raw-releases-new-profiles/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded it and Dehaze is moved! And the camera profiles look awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the Dehaze slider has moved, nice.
Unfortunatly it is bugged, if you use a plug-in, like LrControl for example, that modifies Dehaze with the option to reveal adjusted controls "LrDevelopController.revealAdjustedControls()", Lightroom reveals the effects panel, effectively hiding the Dehaze slider instead of revealing it.
So it looks like Lightroom "thinks" the Dehaze slider is still in the old location.

Votes

Translate

Translate