Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate has stopped working

Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 4 on a Windows 7 (SP1) machine. I also have Captivate 5.5 installed.

I have been inserting files/objects from other Captivate projects successfully for several days when I began to receive an intermittent error that Captivate has stopped working and would shut down. I was able to deal with it for a day or two because the error did not appear each time I performed an import but as time went by the error appeared more frequently. I had IT reinstall Captivate 4 but the issue persists. Now I not only can't import slides/objects from other projects but I also can't insert standard objects such as a text entry box or a click box.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I can suggest you to try following artcile, try copying the DLLs to the installed location as stated in the KB and replace them.

Download the QuizBusRules and BusinessRules DLL from -- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/870/cpsid_87095.html

If you face issues with recording try this --

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=a14e1bd9-dc10-4456-9cd2-44489809b78e

Note : - DLL NSAUDIO needs to registered Manually to get applied on machine. To register this DLL –

• Close Captivate

• Run 'command prompt (cmd)' in Admin mode

• Go to the directory where Captivate-4 is installed C>Program File>Adobe>Adobe Captivate 4” and Enter)

• Run 'regsvr32 NSAudio.dll'

You can take the Help of your IT to try incase you lakc admin permissions.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources