Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Action stops/pauses slide, always

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v5.5

I've tried it 20 different ways, and every time, it pauses the project no matter what I do. Here is the logic:

If userEmail contains @

Jump to Slide 5

Continue

Basically, if the email variable is set, then skip to slide 5. I have the advanced action set to "On Enter" for slide 3 (at the moment. I tried it on slide 2 and 4 with the same results). Slide 3 is blank, does nothing but this one action - I created it specifically for this action, so I could isolate the problem.

Regardless, it pauses the presentation. Pauses it on slide 2, if I put it there, on slide 3, 4 if I put it there. Pauses it "On Enter" or "On Exit" - doesn't matter.

Tried it with and without Continue. Tried it with Continue before and after Jump to Slide 5. Still pauses.

This is a simple project with 10 slides - actually a test project with a quiz and 2 questions. Simple as you can get.

Help please. God, someone help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

As usual, I figured it out 30 seconds after I wrote the above.

I needed to add a Continue to the Else - duh.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, I figured it out 30 seconds after I wrote the above.

I needed to add a Continue to the Else - duh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happens to me all the time (the figuring it out as soon as you post here, that is).  glad you figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the case for advanced standard actions: the playhead will be stopped. Sometimes I do even replace a simple action by a standard advanced action just for that reason, because the playhead will not be released. Beware: this is not the case for the THEN/ELSE parts in conditional advaced actions!

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources