• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad slider audio position for video player

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update of AC 2019, the video volume controller is always in bad position at the beginning

I try to reinstall AC but nothing change. How to Solve It?

es.png

Thx for yout time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using event video, not slide video. What do you mean exactly by 'bad psosition'? I would hide the default playbar because you have now two  volume buttons. BTW do you mean you are on CP2019, version 11.0.1.266?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes im on CP2019, version 11.0.1.266. As you can see in the image, the volume controller of the video player is not well positioned.

i'm very disappointed.

es.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is 'wrong' with the position exactly?  Could you be more specific?

With the default mobile playbar you don't really have the option of moving the items around to change their order.  If you want something different you might need to create your own custom playbar or else dig into the code output to modify it.  Either way, it's not simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry maybe I did not express myself well. But if you look at the image below, you do not see that the audio controller is badly positioned?

es2.png

This is on the video player, not in the timeline player . The correct position should be like this:

es21.png

I am very disappointed by CP2019.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wonder which skin you are using, because I double-checked; tried all included skins for event video and there is no one like the one you are showing in the screenshots. Where did you get that skin, since it is not packaged with CP2019?

VideoSkin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I thing NOW I see what you are talking about.

I thought (and I think Lieve did too) that you were referring to the entire volume control not being where you wanted.  But I think now that you're referring to the small circular object that travels along the horizontal axis of the volume indicator that shows how high the volume is set.  Yes, if the volume is set to maximum then the circle should be at the far right end.  Not somewhat to the left side of the little speaker indicator.

However, this preview inside Captivate might not be showing everything exactly as it will appear when the content output is published and delivered from a web server.  So I would suggest that before you make a final judgement on whether this is working properly, please publish and upload your content and then view it in a mobile device from the web browser or LMS.  That will show you a more accurate view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the volume control thumb seems to be off by 40 px to the left initially for event video. I see that as well, not only in preview but also when published to LMS, regardless what skin is selected (selection has an effect for Flash only anyway, as far as I understand). One click anywhere on the volume control and it jumps back to where it belongs. I guess one could hack the css to put the thumb back in place right away...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, which skin do you use for the event video????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter. Happens whatever skin I select. In fact, for HTML5 output I end up with the same skin anyway, regardless which skin I select, making me assume that the selection of skins is only supported for Flash. For HTML5 it's just on or off. And when on, it's always the same skin with the bug on the volume controller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a but then it needs to be reported via the Bug form on the Adobe website.  That's really the only way to put the issue on the radar for the Adobe Captivate development team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone;

today i've reported this bug to the official adobe channel.

By the way i'm here to suggest a quick fix i've tested, that can be applied modifying the js code generated by Adobe Captivate; follow those steps:

1. uncompress the scorm zip file generated by Adobe Captivate

2. open ../assets/js/CPM.js

3. with a text find and replace tool search for the following $("#volumeThumb"+a.id).css("left",q+"px");

4. replace with (q<0)?q=70:q=q;$("#volumeThumb"+a.id).css("left",q+"px");

5. save the file

6. recreate the zip file.

that's all, it worked fine for me.

have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources