Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Hotspots on quiz slide

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded from 2017 to 2019.

I am working on an existing module that converted to 2019 when I saved.

I am previewing the module (before publishing).

On the hotspot questions, nothing appears where I click.  I have checked the settings and all looks okay.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?  I really need the user to see where they have clicked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Edge doesn't support the Flash Player, and soon that will be the case for all desktop browsers except if you will keep with old versions. Next year is last year of Flash Player.

Do you continue to publish to SWF? 

I will try to check the issue with hotspot questions for HTML output.  Mostly I create custom hotspot questions because I don't like the limitations of the default type.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a non-responsive or a responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non responsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was totally my error ... I used Preview > HTML5 in Browser ... clicks didn't show on the hotspot questions.  When I used SWF in Browser, the clicks did show as they should on the hotspot questions.  Doh!

It's a little annoying that SWF in Browser opens in Edge and won't run.  I have to open IE then copy the URL for it to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge doesn't support the Flash Player, and soon that will be the case for all desktop browsers except if you will keep with old versions. Next year is last year of Flash Player.

Do you continue to publish to SWF? 

I will try to check the issue with hotspot questions for HTML output.  Mostly I create custom hotspot questions because I don't like the limitations of the default type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We publish to SCORM 1.2.

SCORM 1.2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both SWF and HTML output can be published to a SCO, that is not linked with my previous question.

Even a LMS is viewed in a browser.  Can you prevent your learners to update their browsers, and/or to use an old version of a browser which will support SWF? You seemed to have missed the whole discussion about the death of SWF output which is along since almost two years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the screen shot below for our publish is more relevant.

So, am I correct in thinking, once Flash is gone (or before), we'll have to change the Output Format from SWF to HTML5?

SWF.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed,  and that is not a one-click operation. I really fear 2019, when companies will suddenly discover that all old courses cannot be viewed anymore if the learners install a new version of their desktop browser. I tried to launch that warning as much as possible but earned more insults than thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources