Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAPTIVATE 5 - DAISY CHAIN WILL NOT WORK

Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been digging through the forum and I give up.

I have several parts of 1 cptx built separately based on topic.  I have 6 topics.  I want to keep 6 different files & link them - which you do w/ daisy chain.

Currently, when it gets to the end of topic one, it stops & just sits there. 

When publishing, I publish topic 1 & in publish settings, link to topic 2.  I publish topic 2 & link to topic 3.  I am setting the Start & End to open another project & pointing at the cptx file - correct? 

SO - when publishing - I publish topic 1 first and then link to the cptx of topic 2?  Then publish topic 2 and link to the cptx of topic 3?  I'm publishing them to the same folder - the files are all published together.

I cannot get it to work.  What am I doing wrong?  I've watched the goofy tutorial on Diasy chaining & it explains the obvious stuff - not the nuances of publishing.

HELP!!!!!

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Hi there

Have you flagged the folder where you are testing this as safe as described in the link below?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the Action under Preferences > Start and End to Opent URL or File and then point it at the HTM file for the next project in the chain?

If your use clicks the next button on the second last slide and goes to the final slide, it should daisy chain to the next project as soon as that slide finishes playing.  To be on the safe side (and not allow the user time to click the playbar again) make the final slide quite short in duration. E.g. only a second or so.

This way the user can just let the project finish playing naturally and open the next movie.

Does that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Yes, I did have the preferences for the first project to set up to open another project. The problem was that the very last slide of the first project had a click box on it ... so you gave me an idea. I just duplicated the last slide and removed the interaction from the last slide and like you suggested, made the last slide very short. This way the user can use the playbar to move ahead, or if they are completing the interaction, the last slide is so short that it proceeds to the next slide with interaction (the first slide of my second project) without any hesitation. So, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2011 Feb 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the advice.  I will definitely look into Aggregator as a solution to this project.  I have never created a training tutorial of this scale so this is all new territory for me but that sounds exactly what I am looking for.

Thank you again for your quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working.  I don't think the issue has anything to do with relative or absolute paths - forward slashes or backslashes.  When I preview the project in my browser, it displays backslashes......I really don't think this is the issue.   The links do not work - regardless of whether or not I use a project file or place a link to a URL

----------

Nancy

http://www.cashsurveys.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download this zip file, unzip to your hard drive somewhere:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/assets/testpit/adobe/DaisyChainTest.zip

Inside the DaisyChainTest folder there are three folders named project1, project2, and project3 and the three almost identical Captivate project files that created them.

Open any one of these folders and launch the HTM file.  The three projects should daisy chain from one to another endlessly.

Does this work for you?

If not, try this:

1. Add the folder location of your published Captivate files to the Trusted Locations list
  2. Now try and play the daisy chaining example above again. 
  3. If the issue preventing it from working before was related to Flash Player security settings, it should now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources