• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6 publishing to HTML5 for Android 4.1

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Android has officially dropped support for Flash with version 4.1 (aka "Jellybean"), does anyone see hope for Adobe making improvements in the ability for Captivate 6 to publish HTML5 files for the Android environment, that run properly (including sound)?

I have tested a variety of HTML5 capable browsers, and most fail in delivering audio.  This included Chrome, Firebox, Opera, and others.  The best one I have found, in terms of working with the HTML5 Captivate content, is Dolphin combined with Dolphin JetPack.

This is very disappointing.  The Android industry is closing the Flash door, yet Adobe has not responded with fixes to HTML5 output in response.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody made any progress with this?  I cannot get Captivate to work on any Android browser.  It navigates OK in Chrome, but no audio.  The same presentation works fine on PC's and iPhones.

Is anyone aware of any other threads that might help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best one I have found, in terms of working with the HTML5 Captivate content, is Dolphin combined with Dolphin JetPack.  Until Adobe gets their act together to make their HTML5 output more compatible with the Android non-flash platform, that is what I will recommend for viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried dolphin with jetpack, unfortunately it did not work.  The best results were from Chrome, but as I said, no audio.  Dolphin was stuck on a slide and refused to budge.

Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have come up with solution .

re-direct firefox  using js to other location   & for IE/safari/Chrome to original content unmodified

Step 1) convert all audio files from .mp3 found in folder named "ar" to .ogg and place in the same folder

Step2)  "Project.js" rename all the audio files named as .mp3 to .ogg

example : open "Projects.js" using any text editor then  rename all .mp3 to .ogg

1923.mp3 find using Ctrl+f rename to 1923.ogg rename all audio files to ogg

Step3) find folder "asserts" find "js" open "CPHTML5Warnings.js" using your favourite text editor

Add the folowing line so that Error message is not displayed

this.BrowserEnum.FIREFOX_MIN_SUPPORTED_VERSION = xx;

after the line

this.BrowserEnum.SAFARI_MIN_SUPPORTED_VERSION = 5.1;

Under "//Check for browser Compatibility"

find this lines first

if((this.browser == this.BrowserEnum.MSIE) && (this.browserVersion >= this.BrowserEnum.MSIE_MIN_SUPPORTED_VERSION ))

lSupported = true;

add these lines

else if((this.browser == this.BrowserEnum.FIREFOX) && (this.browserVersion >= this.BrowserEnum.FIREFOX_MIN_SUPPORTED_VERSION ))

lSupported = true;

Save, Your are allset you can play html5 on FIREFIOX on antroid devise ,tested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!!!

You made my day, as far as audio is concerned!

Do you also have any solutions for video-playback on android devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by video-playback on android devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to hermit9911 fro the audio solution.

I have video playback issues, help ?

Hope Adobe is doing something about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the solution for playing Captivate video in Android applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources