• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 course published as AICC will not display

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a AICC published course in Captivate 7.

Report settings.png

BUT when trying to display my publish course in my browser (IE 8) it will not.

Published files.png

I receive a "error on the screen"/gray screen when trying to display index.html (I need this file for my LMS (SF))!

I receive a gray page saying loading when trying to display the .swf file:

SWF page.png

Can anybody help me solving this?

/Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate will be expecting you to initiate the playback via the HTM file that it creates.  In your case this is the one called CPT7_demo1.htm.

Your issue may be that your captivate module cannot locate the LMS API due to the way you've launched it.

Why do you need this other index.htm file?

Have you tried uploading your package to SCORM Cloud to test it there and see if the Cp7 AICC output works?  If it works in SCORM Cloud then the issue is either with your LMS or with something you're doing with this index.htm file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Thank you very for helping.

Unfortunately CPT7_demo1.htm is not working in my browser either.

We were told to use the index.htm file in our LMS, but maybe that is not correct. I havn't tried to launch the course in our LMS yet, because I want to see if it can be displayed in my browser first.

I have now tried to upload the my package to SCORM Cloud and it works very fine!

I wonder if there maybe is an issue in relation our browser setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're testing this content by trying to run it off your local hard drive, then you need to remember that Flash Global Security might be causing the issue:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-troubleshooting/how-to-set-up-flash-global-security

It's also a good idea to turn off LMS reporting when only testing locally because otherwise the course may go looking for the LMS API and not be able to find it (because it's not playing from a web server).  So it will just sit there doing nothing.

Since your content works fine in SCORM Cloud I would say your local setup is probably the issue.

If you want 300 more troubleshooting tips for Cp, you'll need to read the book:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/troubleshoot-adobe-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Captivate 9 and experience the exact same thing. My post on this issue also remains UNASWERED.

It's interesting to see that the issue has been around since Captivate 7.

What I find curious is that the SWF itself does not play independently of the html. When I run it in a SWF player, it just spins like it does when launched from HTML.

Captivate 9 AICC and IE9 Incompatible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources